PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics Podium Training WAG

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16

danafan
07-29-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm just concerned that someone at USAG made an error and that the powers that be will not allow Maroney to do her second vault due to a technicality.
I can't find anything in the COP to clarify this however.

bek
07-29-2012, 01:31 AM
How the FCK do 4 out of 8 gymnnasts get injured in the space of 3 weeks under one training regime??? She is a secret agent still working for Romania, I swear!!!

Poths, Poths, Poths.. This is Marta and in fact Marta hasn't even managed to do that much damage. At least this time its only the alternates that are injured for the most part (and I say for the most part because of Maroney)

Who could forget the US having two gymnasts landing on one foot on bars in prelims or the crap that went down in Athens... Who the heck knows what would have happened if Marta wasn't forced to choose the team at Trials-against her will!

She gets the results she's gotten because the US has way more depth than anyone else.

doubleflutz
07-29-2012, 01:35 AM
A GAGE girl and a Parkette are injured and suddenly Marta is a secret agent for Romania? I hate her as much as the next US gym fan, but come on.

Erin
07-29-2012, 01:41 AM
I'm just concerned that someone at USAG made an error and that the powers that be will not allow Maroney to do her second vault due to a technicality.
I can't find anything in the COP to clarify this however.

If this actually ends up being what happens and FIG doesn't have any mechanism to correct it, they are beyond ridiculous. (Of course, it wouldn't be the first time, so I won't feel better until I actually see McKayla get to do her second vault.)

Oh, and if it is a USAG mistake, heads should roll over this one.

Spareoom
07-29-2012, 01:43 AM
A GAGE girl and a Parkette are injured and suddenly Marta is a secret agent for Romania? I hate her as much as the next US gym fan, but come on.

LOL good point!

pollyanna
07-29-2012, 01:45 AM
And Izbasa last for Romania.

Both total cowboys on the event :lol:

I guess since Izbasa is the only other AAer besides Iordache, B&B are hoping to maximize her bars score by putting her up last.

Mayra
07-29-2012, 02:27 AM
Poths, Poths, Poths.. This is Marta and in fact Marta hasn't even managed to do that much damage. At least this time its only the alternates that are injured for the most part (and I say for the most part because of Maroney)

Elizabeth Price was already injured when she arrived at the Olympic training camp. I'm not sure how Marta can take the hit for something that happened at Parkettes. Ditto for what happened to Anna Li(Not a GAGE girl ;)) who had a freak fall off bars and as an alternate wasn't training in London under Marta's direction.

It's already been revealed that Maroney had been dealing with this injury since May, and was simply aggravated during training.

Just saying...:shuffle:

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-29-2012, 02:33 AM
I've got a picnic at noon tomorrow, so I'll probably have to leave in the middle of Russia's subdivision. :(

It is just prelims though, so I guess I can put up with it.

doubleflutz
07-29-2012, 02:39 AM
Elizabeth Price was already injured when she arrived at the Olympic training camp. I'm not sure how Marta can take the hit for something that happened at Parkettes. Ditto for what happened to Anna Li(Not a GAGE girl ;)) who had a freak fall off bars and as an alternate wasn't training in London under Marta's direction.

Isn't there something going on with Finney, too?

elka_sk8
07-29-2012, 03:09 AM
Bulimar's not doing Floor :wuzrobbed: Fcking Chelaru!!!!!!!!!!

:drama:

Whaaaah....I agree, totally stupid.

Goodness I hope Maroney is ok, would be a shame if she didn't compete in vault finals.

elka_sk8
07-29-2012, 03:10 AM
Bulimar's not doing Floor :wuzrobbed: Fcking Chelaru!!!!!!!!!!

:drama:

Whaaaah....I agree, totally stupid. That's B&B for you.

Goodness I hope Maroney is ok, would be a shame if she didn't compete in vault finals.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-29-2012, 03:12 AM
I still hope that's a mistake.

Bulimar is adorable and Chelaru is just filthy on every event.

pollyanna
07-29-2012, 03:15 AM
I still hope that's a mistake.

Bulimar is adorable and Chelaru is just filthy on every event.

I'm still :confused: as to why they don't have Bulimar doing AA. All reports have been that she is ON here in London. :(

danafan
07-29-2012, 03:23 AM
Bulimar isn't strong on vault.
The better question is, IMHO, why is Chelaru even on the team....

bek
07-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Maybe they don't want Bulimar qualifying over anyone else.