PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics Podium Training WAG

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

poths
07-29-2012, 12:58 AM
If it's a oversight, then I'm afraid Maroney will present to do her second vault tomorrow and will not be allowed to.
If it's not, and she's THAT bad that she can't do a second vault.....then she should have been subbed and sent home.

If there's anyone dumber than Marta, it's The Brit selection camp. :wall:

pollyanna
07-29-2012, 01:02 AM
If it's a oversight, then I'm afraid Maroney will present to do her second vault tomorrow and will not be allowed to.

:fragile: Please let this not be true.

:( on Bulimar not doing AA.

So He Kexin is vaulting and Maria Paseka is doing UB. I thought she was just there for vault?

Spareoom
07-29-2012, 01:05 AM
If it's not, and she's THAT bad that she can't do a second vault.....then she should have been subbed and sent home.

If there's anyone dumber than Marta, it's The Brit selection camp. :wall:

Subbed in for who? Anna Li is currently in a neck brace, Price is rumored to be injured and her Amanar wouldn't outscore Maroney's anyway, and Finny is a decent all-arounder but can't bring in the same number of tenths that Maroney's vault can. If Alicia was an alternate and Maroney really WAS that injured, then we could talk, but Alicia isn't, and Maroney isn't that injured.

Maroney will be fine, y'all.

bek
07-29-2012, 01:08 AM
:fragile: Please let this not be true.

:( on Bulimar not doing AA.

So He Kexin is vaulting and Maria Paseka is doing UB. I thought she was just there for vault?

Maria use to be a pretty good bar worker (although lately I guess not so much) pre injury. She qualified over Komova (because Komova fell) on bars Junior Europeans and was actually the second qualifier there. Of course Alexandrov pulled her for Vika...

She's not so great but Afan is historically unreliable on the event and they may want to give her more experience. As for Kexin, she's always had a DTY (still don't know if she has one)... In that sense she's not a one event gymnast. She did floor last year in prelims too. Apparently where Kexin really terribly sucks is beam. (Paseka too)

Mayra
07-29-2012, 01:09 AM

There is no one to sub her. Elizabeth price is rumored to be nursing a bruised heel. Anna Li is out with a neck injury and couldn't replace Maroney either way. There is nothing that Finnegan can add (besides much needed artistry :P)that the team IMO doesn't already have.

I hope that this is a typo. Otherwise :wall:

pollyanna
07-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Maria use to be a pretty good bar worker (although lately I guess not so much) pre injury. She qualified over Komova (because Komova fell) on bars Junior Europeans and was actually the second qualifier there. Of course Alexandrov pulled her for Vika...

She's not so great but Afan is historically unreliable on the event and they may want to give her more experience. As for Kexin, she's always had a DTY (still don't know if she has one)... In that sense she's not a one event gymnast. She did floor last year in prelims too. Apparently where Kexin really terribly sucks is beam. (Paseka too)

Thanks. What's interesting is that they have Paseka up last in the line-up for UB.

poths
07-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Subbed in for who? Anna Li is currently in a neck brace, Price is rumored to be injured and her Amanar wouldn't outscore Maroney's anyway, and Finny is a decent all-arounder but can't bring in the same number of tenths that Maroney's vault can. If Alicia was an alternate and Maroney really WAS that injured, then we could talk, but Alicia isn't, and Maroney isn't that injured.

How the FCK do 4 out of 8 gymnnasts get injured in the space of 3 weeks under one training regime??? She is a secret agent still working for Romania, I swear!!!

bek
Thanks. What's interesting is that they have Paseka up last in the line-up for UB.

They have Afan last on beam too..They may be thinking have the weakest link go last so if they fall it won't hurt team morale. There also might be some level of not showing favoritism as well.

reese

Honestly, this is all moot at this point (or "mute" as John Geddart would say), but she's obviously not fine if she is so injured that she cant even do one extra vault (one that she trained multiple times a few days ago) to make it into the EF to win a gold medal that is as close to a sure bet as you get in this Olympics. That's why she's on thie team-- for the EF gold. The Amanar she'll do in TF earns maybe a .2 or .3 more than a Price Amanar would score (and the Maroney step forward on the landing is bigger than ever recently). Hardly worth keeping her on the team.

I agree that a Finnegan sub doesn't make sense (assuming Price is ALSO injured), but I do wonder what Alicia is thinking right now.

reese
07-29-2012, 01:16 AM
John Roethlisberger‏ just said on twitter that Maroney is doing two vaults, not one. Hopefully he knows what he's talking about.

poths
07-29-2012, 01:16 AM

Maroney will be fine, y'all.My post was clearly under the speculation that Maroney was actually THAT injured, so injured infact that she cant do two back to back vaults.

We'll see tomorrow however.

Spareoom
07-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Whoa, calm down. 99.99999% says that it's a typo and Maroney is DOING two vaults. She was fine two days ago; she trained both vaults; she's fine. Her toe injury is an old one that flared up, but she's not injured-injured. If she's too injured to do her Mustafina, then she's too injured to do an Amanar. It's logic, people. :p ;)

poths
07-29-2012, 01:19 AM

And Izbasa last for Romania.

Both total cowboys on the event :lol:

Theatregirl1122
07-29-2012, 01:19 AM
If she were two injured for two vaults, they'd probably not have her vault at all in Prelims. Kyla's DTY would be just fine for qualifying.

poths
07-29-2012, 01:20 AM
If she were two injured for two vaults, they'd probably not have her vault at all in Prelims. Kyla's DTY would be just fine for qualifying.
Agreed.