07-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Oh no :wuzrobbed

poths
07-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Tomorrow is going to be the most interesting qualifications EVER! :lol:

bek
07-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Too many threads!

Rumor has it Maroney will only be doing one vault tomorrow. She isn't listed with an asterisk like all the others attempting two vaults. http://usagym.org/pages/events/olympics/pdfs/start_w1.pdf

What the heck? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If she's good enough to vault the Amanar, she's good enough to do the Mustafina.

poths
07-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Bulimar's not doing Floor :wuzrobbed: Fcking Chelaru!!!!!!!!!!
But wheeee, Iordache is doing AA :lol:

:drama:

london_calling
07-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Maybe they're trying to conserve her for the team. It may have gotten that bad.

chipso1
07-29-2012, 12:39 AM
It could just be an oversight. McKayla was doing both the Amanar and the Mustafina fine the other day. She appears to be in no (obvious) pain, and there's not a whole lot you can do to treat a sprained/broken toe.

bek
07-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Maybe they're trying to conserve her for the team. It may have gotten that bad.

Then why have her vault at all in prelims (although if she wants to medal I think she has to participate somewhere) She was doing them in practice....

reese
07-29-2012, 12:42 AM
If Maroney is really so injured that they are only putting her up for one vault.... the Parkettes should be royally pissed. They are already letting Maroney stay on the team for just one event on a five member team... and now she can't even do a second vault to take her victory lap in the EF?

I really hope it's an oversight...

chipso1
07-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Why should the Parkettes be pissed? :confused: Elizabeth Price is also injured, so there's no way she'd be asked to compete either.

bek
07-29-2012, 12:44 AM
If Maroney is really so injured that they are only putting her up for one vault.... the Parkettes should be royally pissed. They are already letting Maroney stay on the team for just one event on a five member team... and now she can't even do a second vault to take her victory lap in the EF?

I really hope it's an oversight...

Well reports are Price is injured too.. The person who should be ticked would be well Alicia because if Maroney is that useless go for the Rudi. Alicia could probably (heck more than likely) win vault over anyone but Maroney.

london_calling
07-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Yeah, what events would Price be put on? Even with McKayla only competing vault, it's not like the team is in major trouble.

reese
07-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Yikes-- I hadn't heard about a Price injury, only the Anna Li one.

Still, one vault? If she's that injured, I don't see the point of not replacing her with someone who can't at least contribute on 2 events. If Price wasn't injured, her Amanar is excellent and she could do FX.

Too late now. Classic Marta Karolyi injury situation.

poths
07-29-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm sure it's an oversight, but again. No Bulimar or Cairns on floor :wall:

danafan
07-29-2012, 12:51 AM
If it's a oversight, then I'm afraid Maroney will present to do her second vault tomorrow and will not be allowed to.

Spareoom
07-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Guys, don't freak out yet. Those PDF's are notoriously incorrect. Maroney is as sure of shot for a gold medal as the US has got; they won't let her not qualify based on a technicality.