PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics Podium Training WAG

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

GarrAarghHrumph
07-27-2012, 03:12 AM
Podium training (http://gymnastics.about.com/od/glossaryofgymterms/g/PodiumTraining.htm).

I remember podium training from back in a past life when I was a (young, thin, short... somehow, short is all I got left with...) gymnast, but I never knew why they called it "podium training", so thanks for that.

london_calling
07-27-2012, 03:18 AM
In 2008, there was a camera at every apparatus. I watched every performance by every gymnast on every apparatus. It was great. I assume that will be available again in London.

Was that NBC or BBC? I remember hearing BBC online coverage was amazing. I was so sad I was geo-blocked.

bek
07-27-2012, 03:49 AM
According to IG (although we will see) Komova's Amanar is like Maroney's. I have to see that to believe it, but it has me wondering if Komova has a second vault.

I'm actually not surprised her Amanar is good though back in 2010 her Amanar was maybe not the most powerful around but it had very nice form.. I'm not surprised in that instance growing a bit made her all that more powerful on it... I love that about Komova though she has incredibly difficult tricks (Patterson, double/double dismount) but her tricks are done well. She really has the perfect combination in this sport of beautiful gymnastics and difficult tricks.

I suspect Komova doesn't have a second vault because with the ankle injury etc the team didn't want to risk it. Maybe next year if she stays in...Sadly I suspect if it weren't for the injury, we'd see her go for it.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-27-2012, 03:52 AM
I hope the US girls steer clear of pink for the actual competition. That leo they were wearing today made them blend into the background.

A.H.Black
07-27-2012, 03:54 AM
Was that NBC or BBC? I remember hearing BBC online coverage was amazing. I was so sad I was geo-blocked.

NBC. Plus it was available long after the Olympics were over. I'm not sure when they finally took it down but I was watching video during the Christmas season that year.

Hedwig
07-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I would love to see the podium training and I can bring my computer to say it is in the US but now I need cable provider info...is there any way to get roundabout this? Like using a fake adress for a specific provider?

Coco
07-27-2012, 12:55 PM
I think you are better off using international links. CCTV has to have one, maybe raisport, too?

Hedwig
07-27-2012, 02:03 PM
I think you are better off using international links. CCTV has to have one, maybe raisport, too?

I am not aware that they showed the podium training.

For the actual competition I will have no problem.

london_calling
07-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Urgh, was hoping to get set up today so I could watch men's qualification tomorrow morning through nbcolympics.com but AT&T Uverse isn't cooperating. :wall::wall:

Allskate
07-28-2012, 06:24 AM
I can't get the NBC Olympics videos to work for me, either. I just get audio. No video. :(

ioana
07-28-2012, 03:31 PM
I can't get the NBC Olympics videos to work for me, either. I just get audio. No video. :(

I had that problem at work with Internet Explorer, but it works well at home with both Safari and Firefox...maybe try a different browser?

galaxygirl
07-28-2012, 07:22 PM
It's working with Chrome also.

bek
07-29-2012, 12:17 AM
I don't know if its true but someone on another board has said that Alexandrov has already made it clear Grishina will be pulled from the All Around if she makes it over Mustafina...That alone suggests even if we haven't seen it that Aliya's got the Amanar. There'd be no reason to pull Grishina if Aliya didn't. Although he may not have said it recently. It will depend if Aliya has the Amanar, I can see them not wanting her to do it in prelims and pulling Grishina if either girl makes it above her.

Grishina would get pulled for Komova.

poths
07-29-2012, 12:31 AM
The GB women's team just get even more confusing to me.

Imogen Cairns isn't doing the Floor in qualification thus Pinches doing AA.

Seriously, Cairns could score a 14.3 maybe even 14.4, Pinches won't get near 14???!

So Cairns has been chosen for Beam and vault with only a 1.5 Yurchenko and a beam routine that she has only ever nailed once. On what planet was she a better choice than Francis??? Never mind Downie/Harrold and Rippon. Very annoyed by that selection.

reese
07-29-2012, 12:32 AM
Too many threads!

Rumor has it Maroney will only be doing one vault tomorrow. She isn't listed with an asterisk like all the others attempting two vaults. http://usagym.org/pages/events/olympics/pdfs/start_w1.pdf