PDA

View Full Version : Canada Viewing - CTV - Schedule, Recording, Complaints, etc.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

Habs
08-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I just saw Paula Findlay's heartbreaking interview on CTV. Poor girl, she's devastated. I really hate it when Olympic athletes feel like they need to apologize. :(

Parsley Sage
08-04-2012, 06:13 PM
More than likely it'll be Sportsnet as TSN's now owned by CTV. This entire Olympic Consorsium (sp) thing was put together both before Sportsnet was bought by Rogers and CTV bought TSN.

CTV bought TSN in 2000/2001. TSN was part of the CBC Olympic coverage from 1998 to 2008.

CTV is now owned by Bell Media.

kylet3
08-08-2012, 10:39 AM
:wall::wall::wall::wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

I thought I set up my tape this morning to get the live coverage of the Canoe/Kayak racing out at Eton Dorney and it turns out nope! I hit PM instead of AM and therefore I totally missed Canada's medal winning performances... :fragile: Did anyone here get them? Because now I'm desparately looking for them. I'm sure CTV will show it later, but I like to have the actual live coverage and then they skip over the athlete introductions,interviews,medal ceremonies in Prime Time. :(

What I'm looking for from this morning:
Men's K1 1000 Meters and Men's C1 1000
Event Preview with Rob Faulds and (I forget the other guy's name)
Athlete Interview at Venue, Medal Ceremonies.

Did ANYONE get the CTV coverage of this? I'm now officialy desparate. I know it sounds strange but this is extremely important to me.

AragornElessar did you get it? I tried to send you a PM but it says you're PM list is full.

Can someone PLEASE email me at krempfer@hotmail.com ASAP to make arrangements if they did? I'm willing to pay handsomely to get this coverage.

Thanks in advance!

PeterG
08-08-2012, 06:41 PM
If I see one more Michael Phelps feature on CTV I think I'm going to gouge somebody's eyes out... :mad::scream:

How about showing Usain Bolt's race (and backstory video) over and over and over... I honestly don't get why there is so much excitement about someone who can run REALLY fast...for ten seconds. The last time I saw someone do this, his Mom patted him on the head, gave him his kids-sized Ju-Jubes treat and was sent back outside to play with the other children. :rolleyes:

AragornElessar
08-08-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm not entirely sure kyle, as I've been having bad days health wise on and off since Friday and I set the alarm, but literally sleptwalked into the Rec Room to hit Record. There was an hour and a fair bit left on that disc after what I put on it from yesterday and I literally had to take it out and pop the next one in about twenty minutesx ago w/out finalizing it, so I'm not sure, but I want to say I did.

I'll know for sure a bit later today sometime.

Did you get the interview w/both Adam and Mark w/Jen Hedger just a few minutes ago? Mark brought along his Grandpa's paddle and the signatures on that thing are amazing to look at.

kylet3
08-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Oh dear, I'm very sorry to hear about your health issues! I hope you feel better very soon!

I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

Feel better.

Andora
08-08-2012, 06:54 PM
As long as CBC goes back to how well it covered the Nagano, this will be swell. But am I the only one who remembers how bad 2006 was? I didn't really watch Beijing and Athens, but Torino was pretty awful. I welcomed CTV's coverage considering CBC was dropping quality like a stone at the time.

I'd like to know how this deal went through. CBC and CTV submitted a joint bid originally that was declined by the IOC. It would have allowed us to be shown everything in full.

I wonder if the IOC dropped its price? CTV backed out of all Olympic bids once the combined bid was declined, as I understand it.

AragornElessar
08-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks kyle, but the only way I'll get better is in an OR and that's the problem. No one wants to touch me. As a cousin of mine who is a Nurse and has been fighting her own medical battles said to me a few weeks ago, they've gotten so dependant on their "toys" like scanners and imaging, they've forgotten that not everything shows up on those scans and tests.

This is year ten of trying to get a Surgeon, anyone, to help me and...Things are only getting worse and no idea what on earth to do. :(

kylet3
08-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Oh my good lord! What is the issue with you if you don't mind my asking? What kind of surgery would it require? Have you thought about seeking medical treatment outside the province or country? Pretty sure they'd have to cover it anyways.

kylet3
08-08-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm not entirely sure kyle, as I've been having bad days health wise on and off since Friday and I set the alarm, but literally sleptwalked into the Rec Room to hit Record. There was an hour and a fair bit left on that disc after what I put on it from yesterday and I literally had to take it out and pop the next one in about twenty minutesx ago w/out finalizing it, so I'm not sure, but I want to say I did.

I'll know for sure a bit later today sometime.

Did you get the interview w/both Adam and Mark w/Jen Hedger just a few minutes ago? Mark brought along his Grandpa's paddle and the signatures on that thing are amazing to look at.

I should have that interview and coverage.

I just discovered that what i thought was recording on Sportsnet which was supposed to include women's wrestling so no bronze medal bout, does anyone know if CTV cut in to get her coverage/interview/medal ceremony??

kylet3
08-08-2012, 09:37 PM
:wall::wall:

This has not been my day. I could have sworn I thought I hit record for Rogers Sportsnet from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM today. That coverage was supposed to include women's wrestling which would have included Carol Hunyh and her bronze medal bout. Does anyone know if CTV broke in to catch it or not? If they showed it did they just show that or did they also show the post-bout interview and/or the medal ceremony?

AragornElessar, are you recording on just one machine or do you have multiple machines going?

AragornElessar
08-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Nope, I don't mind. Considering how I'm feeling and experiencing when things are really, really bad, I'm now convinced my gallbladder surgery was botched in someway eleven years ago this Fall. Combine that w/a partial bowel obstruction and...Yeah.

This past Winter though, I was *really* sick w/it pretty much the entire time and ever since then, even my good days aren't that great anymore. I also tire easily and for once, following the Olympics have me so exhausted, it's not funny.

The excuse they're using to not touch me though is due to my Kidney Transplant. Which is in my lower left tummy area and all the pain and everything else is upper right. I get they're terrified of "What if?", but I don't have any kind of a life, so to me it's worth the risk. They don't think so though and therefore...:mad:

And now it's turning something I love and adore following into a trial. I told my Family Doctor he's got till September to try and find me someone and then I take matters into my own hands. Which he agreed w/me about as he's just as frustrated as I am over all of this.

I'm now tasting bile when things are really bad and the Surgeon I saw in Ottawa last year told me that was normal because everyone has bile. Funny...I don't think we're supposed to be tasting it, do you?

So...Yeah. Just more than a bit frustrating.

AragornElessar
08-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Just saw those posts of yours kyle. I'm only on the one machine and keeping it on CTV HD in the rec room. I did get Carol's match and medal ceremony. The Japanese wrestler who won it was crying so much, she couldn't even begin to sing w/the Anthem. :)

No interview w/her as yet, but more than likely coming. :)

kylet3
08-08-2012, 10:10 PM
OK, so that means I should have Carol and her medal ceremony then :)

I may need to borrow your disc from early early AM if possible. If you got it all recorded of course. If you would be willing to mail it to me of course, I have the DVD/VCR combo, then as soon as I record it I'd send it back to you and of course cover your postage to send it. But we can work those details out if and when you got it. They're doing short replays right now.

Do you know if you got all three bronze medals last week when we won on the single day? Judo/Weightlifting/Diving? With the interviews and medal ceremonies?

I think I may need that coverage as well if you have it. Everything else though I'm good to go. And hooray interview with Hunyh so I'm good to go now with that.

Now all I need is this morning's coverage. You have no idea what this would mean to me if you could do this :)

Bournekraatzfan
08-08-2012, 10:15 PM
(((Aragorn Elessar)))