PDA

View Full Version : Canada Viewing - CTV - Schedule, Recording, Complaints, etc.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

professordeb
08-10-2012, 02:59 AM
I am really going to miss hearing Brian Williams when the CBC gives us coverage for the next two Olympics in 2014 & 2016. Just saw a bit of him chatting with the Women's Soccer team and it reminds me of how much I enjoyed him when he worked with the CBC and they covered the Olympics in previous years. Hmmmm ... wonder if there's any chance he'll be back with the CBC in time for those two Olympics?

overedge
08-10-2012, 03:17 AM
Hmmmm ... wonder if there's any chance he'll be back with the CBC in time for those two Olympics?

:sekret: say that he pretty much burned his bridges when he left, so unless there is a major change in management or attitude at CBC's end, the chances of him returning are pretty small.

Habs
08-10-2012, 03:18 AM
:sekret: say that he pretty much burned his bridges when he left, so unless there is a major change in management or attitude at CBC's end, the chances of him returning are pretty small.

I've heard this as well.

Erin
08-10-2012, 04:47 AM
I am really going to miss hearing Brian Williams when the CBC gives us coverage for the next two Olympics in 2014 & 2016.

Yeah, Brian can be pompous at times, but he's an institution when it comes to the Olympics in this country and it definitely won't be the same without him.

manhn
08-10-2012, 04:49 AM
Well, I don't blame Brian if he left CBC on poor terms. I mean, they didn't even send him to Torino or Beijing! All his interviews were done in a Toronto studio (although, I will say none of his CTV interviews come close to his CBC interviews, like the ones with Clara Hughes and Chandra Crawford).

kylet3
08-10-2012, 01:54 PM
OMG! Yargh! So Canada won a bronze medal in Open Medal Swimming! :eek: I had no idea that this guy was a contender! yeesh! Did anyone record Rogers Sportsnet this morning?! Otherwise I would have recorded Sportsnet! Ugh! Can someone PLEASE tell me that they recorded it?! I am absolutely stunned that this guy won a medal!

algonquin
08-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Well, I don't blame Brian if he left CBC on poor terms. I mean, they didn't even send him to Torino or Beijing! All his interviews were done in a Toronto studio (although, I will say none of his CTV interviews come close to his CBC interviews, like the ones with Clara Hughes and Chandra Crawford).Williams left on bad terms from the CBC because while under contract with them, he signed a contract with CTV to be the lead sportscaster for Vancouver. That was clearly a conflict of interest, but can you blame the man for wanting to be the lead sportscaster for the Olympics in his own country?

He left the CBC before the Beijing, so Ron McLean was the CBC's main sportscaster. Unlike Williams with Torino, McLean was actually in Beijing. I remember that, because he had to leave earlier when he mother passed away.

MacLean was the main sportscaster and host for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing until his mother died, causing him to hand over duties to Scott Russell. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_MacLean

I know that some of you find Williams to be pompous and I can see that at times. I, however, have also enjoy him as a sportscaster. He absolutely beams when he is interviewing the athletics. He seems to have a lot of respect and admiration for all athletics, including figure skaters. ;) He does not have a lot of respect for the sporting federations or IOC and has a hard time letting go of past injustices.

I thought that he was retiring after the 2010 games. Perhaps, London is his swan song.

kylet3
08-10-2012, 06:25 PM
AragornElessar did you happen to record Rogers Sportsnet this morning at all with the Open Water race where we won bronze??

victoriajh
08-10-2012, 06:42 PM
And that's a bad thing? :lol:

nope - i think after the third time i had my cheering down to an art! :lol:

AragornElessar
08-10-2012, 08:10 PM
No kyle, I didn't. In fact, I woke about fifteen minutes before the alarm went off, turned on my TV here in my room which is on CTV and saw him touch the wall to win the medal. After the visit to the bathroom, I went in to hit Record for the medal ceremony, but I missed the interview due to needing to go back to bed. Not having a good day at all and woke up to him being interviewed by James Duthie. :mad:

At least I got the Medal Ceremony.

kylet3
08-10-2012, 08:16 PM
I figured you had stuck to CTV, I'm doing everything I can, emailing swim clubs, posting on FB, swim forums, you name it, I'm desperate to find it.

AragornElessar
08-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Good Luck!!

Parsley Sage
08-10-2012, 09:38 PM
So CTV is showing the USA/Argentina basketball semi using the NBC feed and NBC is showing Ellen.

victoriajh
08-10-2012, 10:29 PM
AragornElessar did you happen to record Rogers Sportsnet this morning at all with the Open Water race where we won bronze??

kylet3 it was just on ctv this afternoon- not sure which time zone you are in? (i am bc) just the end was shown- not sure how much you needed

kylet3
08-10-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm looking for the whole thing actually :(