PDA

View Full Version : Dating dilemma

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

hydro
07-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Okay, I have a confession to make:

I'm a closet gay and I want to get married so that I can pass myself off as a heterosexual person! :lol:

You're probably not, you've just been rejected by a bunch of good-looking guys with nice personalities and smarts. So is life.

You are, however, blatantly homophobic. Since you're so into labels, you might want to acknowledge that and tell that to any potential dates before they have to have dinner with you.

Happy hunting!

michiruwater
07-26-2012, 06:43 PM
The details are too intimate to share here, but just his behavior in general while we were having sex together. When I brought it up to him once, he took it the wrong way, got really nasty, made a big deal about it (I thought I phrased it nicely actualy) and basically it was the beginning of the end of our relationship.

Wait, you actually asked the guy you were seeing if he was actually a closeted gay man because you thought his behavior during sex indicated he was gay?

SHARPIE
07-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Does anybody else remember sue123 and the brother in law from a few years back? That was EPIC.

I couldnt remember so I went and searched :) She hasnt been here since :lol:

It's an archived thread sorry .....

agalisgv
07-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Wait, you actually asked the guy you were seeing if he was actually a closeted gay man because you thought his behavior during sex indicated he was gay? And she wonders why she got dumped...

SceneIt
07-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Wait, you actually asked the guy you were seeing if he was actually a closeted gay man because you thought his behavior during sex indicated he was gay?

Absolutely not! The thought of him possibly being gay crossed my mind today. It would make perfect sense about something that has happened between us, that I'm not gonna reveal here.

michiruwater
07-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Okay. The way you wrote it gave me that impression.

magnolia
07-26-2012, 07:16 PM
I am not homophobic.

I believe in gay rights and I wish there was no homophobia in society at all such that lesser gay men would not be tempted to try and fool a woman into thinking he's in love with her in order to pass himself off as a straight man in the first place.

Given the amount of abuse I have gotten in this thread, it is no wonder that very few women dare to talk about what is actually a very common phenomenon.

michiruwater
07-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Or, the other option, none of those men were actually gay and you're completely homophobic.

hydro
07-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Given the amount of abuse I have gotten in this thread, it is no wonder that very few women dare to talk about what is actually a very common phenomenon.

I'm not sure it's all the common. It's certainly less common than being rejected by straight men that just weren't that into you.

Sparks
07-26-2012, 07:27 PM
What in the H#LL is a lesser gay man?

magnolia
07-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Or, the other option, none of those men were actually gay and you're completely homophobic.

To be fair, there is no way or proving their sexual orientation for sure. I have provided information about aspects of their behavior that made me feel that they were gay, but posters here are, of course, free to contest that.

But let's say this little poster may be delusional, it still is quite true that there are millions of women worldwide who marry gay men not knowing that they are gay, and at some point in their lives, they find out and are devastated.

I cited Bonnie Kaye's The Gay Husband Checklist, but I suppose there would be posters here who might find even her expertise disdainful, because she's only just another sad woman after all, right?

How about...Laud Humphrey's Tearoom Trade (1970) for some supporting evidence? He was a man!! And he wrote about married men who engage in gay sex secretly and got a PhD for it!

Alex Forrest
07-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Absolutely not! The thought of him possibly being gay crossed my mind today. It would make perfect sense about something that has happened between us, that I'm not gonna reveal here.

Uh-oh, the stink instead of the pink? My best girlfriend in grad school went out with a guy who had no clue WHERE HE WAS down there and got the other side treatment on their date. I got it. It happens. (and the helpless cutie eventually came out as gay.... Umm, thank you Captain Obvioius.)

magnolia
07-26-2012, 07:30 PM
What in the H#LL is a lesser gay man?

A gay man who manipulates an unsuspecting woman in order to maintain the fiction that he is straight.

PDilemma
07-26-2012, 07:32 PM
it still is quite true that there are millions of women worldwide who marry gay men not knowing that they are gay

How about...Laud Humphrey's Tearoom Trade (1970) for some supporting evidence? He was a man!! And he wrote about married men who engage in gay sex secretly and got a PhD for it!

Millions?? Really? Where did you get that statistic?

As for the "study" you cite here, you are aware that it is an entirely different world than 1970, aren't you? I would take an educated guess that due to the changes in social expectations and the wider acceptance of homosexuality in general, that things have changed in this regard quite a lot in the last 42 years. Sociology is an area in which it is usually recommended to look for sources newer than 42 years old.

TheGirlCanSkate
07-26-2012, 07:33 PM
it still is quite true that there are millions of women worldwide who marry gay men not knowing that they are gay, and at some point in their lives, they find out and are devastated.

Really? Millions? You'd think they would come out (or have secret meetings under the auspice of manly men meetings)and take over congress and easily pass equal marriage laws!

That is an untapped political demographic.