PDA

View Full Version : Dating dilemma

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Sparks
07-26-2012, 03:27 PM
They're suspect! :sekret:

magnolia
07-26-2012, 03:35 PM
My first closet gay, looking back, was so obviously gay I am truly disturbed by the fact that I didn't immediately see it. He behaved like a queen. And during out first meeting, he talked about how his job was to go all over the world to attend academic conferences to act as cheerleaders for academics who worked on projects for his company. He said that if someone in the audience asked his professor a mean question, his job was to glare as the person who had asked the question so the professor would feel emotionally supported. He then described in detail the 'professors' that he had supported in the past. This should have been enough, but as I said, I was just dumb and on our second dinner, he chose a Brazilian restaurant run by a Brazilian. I remember looking at him and he was completely beautiful and I thought, 'jeeze, this guy is gay'. But even then, I didn't think that my date was gay. The Brazilian was always standing behind me so I guess they were exchanging looks throughout dinner. At a certain point, the Brazilian came to our table to chat to us and I thought it was strange that he only looked at my date and not at me. At the end of the evening, my date said he was going to walk home and I had to take the subway to go home, and he walked me to the subway. It was when I saw his gait as he walked away that it hit me that his body type and gait was exactly like a few of my gay friends, and I realized that he wasn't walking home, he was going back to the restaurant and only saw me to the station to make sure I was leaving the vicinity.

The doctor, when I met him, talked about how he once went to a gay nudist beach in Germany by mistake, but that once he was there, he didn't mind it and decided to just stay there to sunbathe. It was he that brought up this subject, not me. That was enough for me to know he was gay and so for the rest of the evening I talked about my first gay closet gay man and how traumatic I found that experience to be and what a dangerous thing it was for him to do that as I knew where he worked and everything, and if I were the wrathful type, I could send information to his company which might affect his promotion, etc. (I never did any of that, mind you. This is the first time I'm telling anyone this.)

The third closet man, when I met him, was also obviously gay in behaviorism. It was indeed funny to meet him in flesh because I realized that he had used the most hetereosexual-looking photo possible for his profile, but he was really queenly in person. He even had eyeliner tatoo! And he had this voice that was kind of high-pitched that he tried to hide but it would just go high-pitch at times. When I asked him why he had divorced, he alluded to sexual problems. That he was one of these more spiritual types and his ex-wife wasn't.

genevieve
07-26-2012, 03:36 PM
magnolia: Closet Gay Hunter :sekret:

Actually, this part isn't funny at all:

The doctor, when I met him, talked about how he once went to a gay nudist beach in Germany by mistake, but that once he was there, he didn't mind it and decided to just stay there to sunbathe. It was he that brought up this subject, not me. That was enough for me to know he was gay and so for the rest of the evening I talked about my first gay closet gay man and how traumatic I found that experience to be and what a dangerous thing it was for him to do that as I knew where he worked and everything, and if I were the wrathful type, I could send information to his company which might affect his promotion, etc. (I never did any of that, mind you. This is the first time I'm telling anyone this.)
Do you have any idea what a huge asshole you are? You sought this guy out so you could self-confirm your delusion about his sexuality and then make passive aggressive threats about damaging his professional life? I'd pretend to be gay to get the fcuk away from you too.

You don't need The Rules, you need a straightjacket.

bek
07-26-2012, 03:41 PM
yeah, suspect of banging a different girl every night! :lol: you just decribed the perfect George cloony wet dream that most women throw themselves at. Usually they get bored whoring around at about 35 and want kids, so they marry.I think I saw that video! :lol:

That's what I was about to say. Not ever guy dreams of getting married at 28. Many enjoy spending their money, playing their field etc. I know my brother who is fairly successful even told me he doesn't want to get married till he's 35. And I would especially think a doctor who spends years in medical school, and then residency might very well wait until around 35 because he might want to enjoy a few years after all of that...

PDilemma
07-26-2012, 03:42 PM
So is it all Brazilians that are gay or just those who work in restaurants? Or is eating Brazilian food gay?

My friend's husband of 15 years is Brazilian. I'm sure she needs this information ASAP.

magnolia
07-26-2012, 03:43 PM

Do you have any idea what a huge asshole you are? You sought this guy out so you could self-confirm your delusion about his sexuality and then make passive aggressive threats about damaging his professional life? I'd pretend to be gay to get the fcuk away from you too.

You don't need The Rules, you need a straightjacket.

Well, if these guys weren't closet gays trying to find a beard, they would have nothing to fear, right?

magnolia
07-26-2012, 03:44 PM
So is it all Brazilians that are gay or just those who work in restaurants? Or is eating Brazilian food gay?

My friend's husband of 15 years is Brazilian. I'm sure she needs this information ASAP.

I said, a beautiful Brazilian. Not all Brazilians are gay, of course. He looked like a typical pretty boy gay man.

modern_muslimah
07-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Adding to the list of books suggested in this thread:

Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find and Keep Love (http://www.amazon.com/Attached-Science-Adult-Attachment-YouFind/dp/product-description/1585428485)

Read this book SceneIt and DTMFA. It'll hurt at first but in time you'll hopefully find someone that is actually worth your time and thoughts.

allezfred
07-26-2012, 03:48 PM
I think magnolia is like Haley Joel Osment in "The Sixth Sense". Just instead of ghosts everywhere she goes she sees gay men. :sekret:

bek
07-26-2012, 03:50 PM
I said, a beautiful Brazilian. Not all Brazilians are gay, of course. He looked like a typical pretty boy gay man.

So I guess than all beautiful Brazilian guys are gay?

Vagabond
07-26-2012, 03:50 PM
genevieve and allezfred, you have made my day! :respec:

skatingfan5
07-26-2012, 03:52 PM

You don't need The Rules, you need a straightjacket.This!

Well, if these guys weren't closet gays trying to find a beard, they would have nothing to fear, right?Except maybe beginning a relationship with you? :shuffle:

I said, a beautiful Brazilian. Not all Brazilians are gay, of course. He looked like a typical pretty boy gay man.You might want to compile a glossy photo book of these -- it could be an important addition to the man-hunting single woman's library -- others might not so readily be able to detect what is "a typical pretty boy gay man." :rolleyes:

bek
07-26-2012, 03:54 PM
So I guess if the guy isn't very good looking and isn't very successful and or isn't in his thirties, than he's safe to date/marry... Of course than there's the whole "why aren't any good guys" Having a divorce history I guess is good then too...

And I will say this if I were a gay guy actively and KNOWING looking for a beard the last thing I'd bring up is how much I enjoy gay nudist beaches..

berthesghost
07-26-2012, 04:03 PM

Do you have any idea what a huge asshole you are? You sought this guy out so you could self-confirm your delusion about his sexuality and then make passive aggressive threats about damaging his professional life? I'd pretend to be gay to get the **** away from you too.

You don't need The Rules, you need a straightjacket.Now now. First dates are for sending out feelers. The doctor told a somewhat risqué story about finding himself in the wrong place at the wrong time and how he easygoingly decided to go with the flow. Magnolia's response let him know that she doesn't have an easygoing or adaptable bone in her body and therefor is not a good fit. But of course even that is unfair as only the doctor was on a date. Magnolia was busy collecting data for her research project. But most importantly, is this obviously gay doctor who travel to Germany still single and can I get his number?

Kasey
07-26-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm wondering if it works for both genders. I'm 45, not completely tragic-looking, and never been married/no children. I always thought it was because that was my choice, but now, I realize the truth; I must be a lesbian.

Anyone want to be a beard?? Not ready to leave the closet yet! :sekret:

Oh, and SceneIt? You don't even need to dump him, since he's dumped you. You just need to pull your head out of your ass, grow a bit of confidence in yourself, and never attempt to contact the ass again.