PDA

View Full Version : Dating dilemma

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

heckles
07-26-2012, 12:43 AM
We've gone through this same problem about 3 weeks ago. He basically had me apologizing for all our misunderstandings, through email, and I thought that was the end of that. Right? Then about a week later, he called me like nothing happend.

How does it feel to seen as a pair of jeans that he can stash in layaway and take out when he feels like it?

FWIW, he is supposed to be a psychic and used to make money on the side doing it, but says he's been out of it for a couple years now.

Then Merlin-boy could have foretold that his actions would hurt you. He chose to be a putz to you anyway, yes?

So he always speaks about "energies" and "the Creator". In the beginning when we first me, he said that the "saw the essence of the Creator" in me and he wished me "golden rays of light" or something like that.

So he's using new-agey terms to make you think he's sensitive and deep. Old scam.

I still feel it's unfinishsed business and I do hope he calls.

It's only unfinished because you're giving this cheap Houdini knockoff your power. You can finish this one right now by refusing to take this schmuck's call whether it comes today or next year. Block his email, take his phone number off your cell.

Don't worry, he won't need his Tarot cards to figure out why.

SceneIt
07-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Heckles, his dog is named Merlin! Are you sure you're not psychic?

heckles
07-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Heckles, his dog is named Merlin! Are you sure you're not psychic?

Yeah, I just rubbed my crystal balls and predict that you have no future with this dipstick.

Michalle
07-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Yeah, I just rubbed my crystal balls and predict that you have no future with this dipstick.

I logged in just to say that was the best contribution I've ever seen to any discussion on this site ever.

nubka
07-26-2012, 01:10 AM
There might be a chance that he will contact you again if he wants attention. But it'll only be on HIS terms, not yours. You have to ask yourself whether you deserve that.

Word!!

I know from my own experience how hard it can be, but leave that guy in the dust, even if he calls you. If you let him back in at some point, he's just likely to pull the same crap over and over because he knows he CAN. :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

Sparks
07-26-2012, 01:11 AM
When someone tells you who they are, believe them!

agalisgv
07-26-2012, 01:14 AM
Maybe I'm misreading, but it appears SceneIt is the one actively pursuing him--not the other way around. It appears her only issue is why he isn't responding to her repeated overtures. Somehow I doubt she has any intention of no longer pursuing him.

It is what it is....

made_in_canada
07-26-2012, 01:14 AM
He's an ass. If you're into that kind of thing by all means answer his texts/calls when he needs to get laid. Don't delude yourself though. He'll continue to be an ass.

hydro
07-26-2012, 01:15 AM
He sounds manipulative. Unfinished business can be finished quite easily -- as Dan Savage would say -- DTMFA.

Theatregirl1122
07-26-2012, 01:55 AM
The Rules is possibly the stupidest book ever written. DO NOT use this as a dating guide.

Seriously. I never thought I'd see someone unironically recommend "The Rules". It's like a punch line.

Aussie Willy
07-26-2012, 02:08 AM
But for some reason, I still feel it's unfinishsed business and I do hope he calls. I know it won't be right away. He trains for marathons and such and he indicated earlier that this is his high traning time right now.

Hate to say it but I think it is already finished from his point of view. He probably really isn't that interested or committed, except when he wants something. I have been in this kind of situation from personal experience and at the end of the day it was all about him. Personally I wouldn't be wasting any more energy on it.

vesperholly
07-26-2012, 02:17 AM

This clearly needs to be a rep level: User is rubbing heckles's crystal balls :rofl:

Honestly, if I have to question how much a guy is into me (after factoring out my general anxiety, self-doubt and impatience) he's not worth it. Any guy who is really into you will show it.

Obviously you're not fine with the casual contact, so DTMFA.

michiruwater
07-26-2012, 02:18 AM
You came here asking for advice, yes? Every single person in this thread has given you the exact same advice, with examples and anecdotes to back up that advice in some cases. Collectively, as a body, every single person in this thread has given you the singular advice to dump this asshat who is clearly - clearly - not that interested in you. If you're looking for people to try to make you feel better about wanting to stick with someone who is totally playing you, then you came to the wrong place. No one here is going to tell you that sitting around waiting for this guy to call you back is the right decision - because it isn't the right decision. He's treated you poorly and has made it clear that he doesn't want to be in the relationship. Don't waste any more time on this guy.

You definitely do deserve a lot better. He isn't going to miraculously treat you any better.

I know it sounds pathetic, but do you think there is any chance he will try to contact me again? Can't believe I let this go on for as long as it did! Next time, if someone doesnt show interest right off the bat, I'm not getting involved!

This is particular makes me think that one primary reason you want him to contact you back is because you really don't want to think you made such a poor decision and wasted so much time on someone who never actually developed the interest and treated you well as you thought they would. I've been there. I'm sure many of us have been there. But the thing is, even if he does contact you back, which is doubtful to begin with, he still will not commit to you the way you want him to.

Seriously. Find someone who, as you stated, will show real interest from the beginning and actually wants to be with you. It's so much more fun that way :)

magnolia
07-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Seriously. I never thought I'd see someone unironically recommend "The Rules". It's like a punch line.

Really? It's done very well commercially, I believe. And if SceneIt were to follow the advice of that book, she would never find herself in the position she is in now, i.e., pining away for someone who is clearly not interested.

BTW, if you're wondering if he's in the closet, I recommend Bonnie Kaye's Gay Husband Checklist. If he is in the closet, he'll never admit it to you, not in a million years.

Your best bet is to not waste another minute thinking about him. Just move on.

heckles
07-26-2012, 03:52 AM
I do hope he calls. I know it won't be right away. He trains for marathons and such and he indicated earlier that this is his high traning time right now.

So...of the six marathon runners (http://www.usatf.org/Athlete-Bios.aspx) repping the USA this year in a little event called the Olympics, at least four are married, and one is engaged. One runner, Abdi Abdirahman, doesn't list his relationship status.

Geoffrey Mutai, winner of the New York Marathon? Married, with a kid. Wesley Korir, winner of the Boston Marathon? Ditto.

Don't be surprised if the only running this jerkwad is doing is away from you.