PDA

View Full Version : Dating dilemma

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

gkelly
08-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Yeah, well. I just thought this guy writing about his favorite pastime as going up into the mountain retreat with just his fellow male colleagues with musical instruments was odd, and I didn't know this was going to get nitpicked so much. If I knew that, I might have more precisely translated what he wrote, namely that he specified the 'musical instruments' to be 'horns' which he and his colleagues were going to spend the whole night 'blowing on'.

Really? Horns? To me that sounds like a bunch of urbanized guys trying to reclaim their masculinity by connecting to their hunting ancestors.

Anita18
08-01-2012, 02:19 AM
Dating is trial & error. You try other people on to see how they fit. Considering any relationship that didn't work out as rejection is foolish & self defeating. There is no harm in trying to become a more lovable person but trying to prevent future rejection by badgering the dumper & asking intrusive questions is not how to do it.

Assuming someone is gay because he's just not that into you is pretty narcissistic. And using some kind of bogus list to determine gayness is homophobic.
It's also the fast track to becoming bitter, angry, and cynical. "Why was I rejected? I need to be skinnier/My boobs are too small/I need to dress better/I need to wear more makeup/I need to do my hair more/I need to know more about sports/I need to be more demure and more feminine/I can't be smarter than him/etc, etc etc."

Not to say that you shouldn't take a good look at yourself after a relationship ends to see how you could have done better (first thing on my personal list was to grow a spine and stop being a jealous whiny beeyotch :lol: ), but it's on another level than having someone want to be IN a relationship with you in the first place. Sometimes someone just isn't attracted to you for whatever reason, or figured out in the dating phase that you can't give each other what you want or need. No harm, no foul. Certainly doesn't warrant all the :drama: drama that's permeated this thread.

leesaleesa
08-01-2012, 02:21 AM
Ah, horns. Why didn't you say? Since you blow on horns, a bunch of male horn enthusiasts must be gay. I always thought the gay instrument of choice was the xylophone, though.

Magnolia, you don't know shit about gays. :rolleyes:

numbers123
08-01-2012, 02:58 AM
Yeah, well. I just thought this guy writing about his favorite pastime as going up into the mountain retreat with just his fellow male colleagues with musical instruments was odd, and I didn't know this was going to get nitpicked so much. If I knew that, I might have more precisely translated what he wrote, namely that he specified the 'musical instruments' to be 'horns' which he and his colleagues were going to spend the whole night 'blowing on'.

really - this is an indicator of gayness? I read favorite activity as going to a mountain retreat, playing musical instruments like we did we were in high school or college and had that band - you know like reliving those "glory days".

I suppose the band that was a local favorite when I was in high school who go to play music every weekend together at different out of the way places without their wives, girlfriends or kids are just lesser gays who have unsuspecting women serving as their beards. I'll be sure to mention it to my step bil (one band member is his cousin on his dad's side of the family) so that he is aware of it.

And did he specifically say "gay nude beach" or did you take "nude beach" reference as he liking to look at other guys junk?

taf2002
08-01-2012, 03:31 AM
No, but if you wrote on your profile on a dating site that your favorite sleeping arrangement at hotels was to share the room with three women, and that you particularly wanted to sleep together with your older sister, alot of people would wonder about your sexuality.

You're insane.

susan6
08-01-2012, 03:56 AM
Heck, at this point I'm wondering if I'm a lesser gay. I haven't met a guy I've been interested in/attracted to in years. I've seen plenty on TV and in the movies, but in real life.....meh.

michiruwater
08-01-2012, 04:01 AM
magnolia, you also don't know jack shit about musicians.

I am a musician. I majored in music. Do you have any idea how frequent the phrase "blowing in a horn" is?? Hell, musicians actually have a sense of humor, don't you know. We're aware that like 90% of the correct phrases for music-making, of which "blowing into a horn" actually is one, sound like sexual innuendos, and sometimes we make jokes about them. Either he was using the phrase correctly, or he was making it a little more sexual than it needs to be and making a joke about it, which happens all the time. But that is actually the correct phrase, because it is what happens.

When I went to clarinet studio with 12 other women at college, and we sat in a circle talking about "fingering our notes" and "blowing in our horns", were we really a secret lesbian commune? No. We were discussing the playing of our instruments.

And fyi, every single musical instrument that is either a brass or woodwind instrument, with a couple very rare exceptions, is referred to as a 'horn'. We referred to our clarinets as horns. We referred to saxophones as horns. In particular, all the brass instruments were referred to as horns. A horn is a conical or bell-shaped aperture which is used to create sound. Therefore, applying it to most woodwind and brass instruments is actually correct and is an easy catch-all when you're discussing various types of instruments.

In addition, I have actually been to legitimate band camps - many of them! - where groups of people (separated by sex) stayed in CABINS in the WOODS for the sole purpose of BLOWING IN THEIR HORNS. I have been doing this since I was 14. Does this make me a lesbian?

You have no fecking clue what you're talking about.

Anita18
08-01-2012, 04:03 AM
Now magnolia's pissed off gays AND brass musicians. What next? :D

magnolia
08-01-2012, 04:05 AM
And did he specifically say "gay nude beach" or did you take "nude beach" reference as he liking to look at other guys junk?

If you could be bothered to read the whole thread, you would see that I explained the whole situation in which the mention of 'gay nudist beach' came about. YES, he specified gay nudist beach.

Anyway, I think some posters are feeling annoyed because they feel me to be stereotyping 'gayness', but you know, there are creepy people whether they are gay or not, and all I'm suggesting here is that gay creepiness is expressed differently than heterosexual creepiness. If my date that I was meeting for the first time suddenly started talking about going to a heterosexual nudist beach in Germany and enjoy watching naked women, I would have labelled him to be a heterosexual creep.

In terms of numbers, since most of the population are of heterosexual orientation, they produce the greatest number of murderers, rapists, creeps, burglars, cheats, what not. And I don't feel that the behavior of these great many heterosexual murderers, rapists, creeps, burglars, cheats define who I am as a heterosexual individual. Likewise, I don't have any supposition that the behavior of these few men that I wrote about in this thread has anything to do with any poster here who might happen to be gay.

dinakt
08-01-2012, 04:06 AM
... on second thought, sorry, never mind... post deleted.

mkats
08-01-2012, 04:13 AM
I am starting to lose track of who magnolia dated and who SceneIt dated and who was gay and who was supposed to be gay but wasn't and who was a lesser gay and who was obsessed with horns in the woods

genevieve
08-01-2012, 04:18 AM
When I went to clarinet studio with 12 other women at college, and we sat in a circle talking about "fingering our notes" and "blowing in our horns", were we really a secret lesbian commune? No. We were discussing the playing of our instruments.
:drama: you are really crushing my dreams here. :fragile:

michiruwater
08-01-2012, 04:23 AM
:drama: you are really crushing my dreams here. :fragile:

:lol: My apologies, genevieve. The lesbians were pretty evenly divided across the other woodwinds.

chipso1
08-01-2012, 04:24 AM
Do gay nudist beaches really exist? :confused: Do you have to show some kind of gay identification card to enter? Can both full gays and lesser gays be there?

So many questions! :(

Angelskates
08-01-2012, 04:31 AM
I am now wishing my Olympics coverage had more adverts, because this thread is just as entertaining!