PDA

View Full Version : Dating dilemma

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

cholla
07-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Make an appointment with a therapist. Seriously. Do it.

Wow, I'm going to print this out and put it in my wallet and read it whenever I feel like calling/texting/driving by.

You sound severely narcissistic, delusional and on the verge of masochism. A therapist/psychologist might not even be enough.

barbk
07-30-2012, 05:05 PM
The poor guy is probably posting on some other board about how this woman will not take the message and is stalking him.

NancyNC
07-30-2012, 07:06 PM
And I think you are insane.

Not to mention, I agree with bek. Are you going to now say that I have the profile of someone who would unknowingly date a closeted gay? Because I've been married for 23 years and when I dated I did the exact opposite of what those books you recommended say to do. Somehow it all worked out for me. :shuffle:

Ah, but are you REALLY sure that it has all worked out for you??? Because if you haven't used the super duper checklist to determine if your husband is gay, you can't really be sure, now can you? :P

I just found this thread and want to thank everyone for one of the most entertaining off-season threads I have ever read. :lol:

BigB08822
07-30-2012, 07:23 PM
I read this thread when it was first started but wow, it has gotten REALLY good. I can't wait to go back and read all 16 pages. Who needs 50 Shades!?

michiruwater
07-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Who needs 50 Shades!?

Um, absolutely no one :yikes:

NinjaTurtles
07-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Um, absolutely no one :yikes:

But, but, what about Fifty Shades of Grey memes? http://fiftyshadesmeme.com/

gkelly
07-30-2012, 07:53 PM
Who needs 50 Shades!?

Johnny Weir (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/21/AR2006022101861_pf.html) ;) :cool:

Anita18
07-30-2012, 08:03 PM
But, but, what about Fifty Shades of Grey memes? http://fiftyshadesmeme.com/
I've never read the book, but this made me howl anyway: http://50shadesofsuck.tumblr.com/

My coworker is reading it and LOVES it, and was :scream: when I told her BDSM was a real thing. :rofl:

mkats
07-30-2012, 08:06 PM
I think we need a new source of drama, this one's dying down... where's PDilemma's SIL?

Doubletoe
07-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Okay, you all are gonna think I'm crazy, but I broke down and texted him today. No response. What the hell was I thinking?

Question: Can someone block all texts/emails they receive from you without your knowing? Or do they bounce back if they are blocked?

I'm meeting this other guy I've met online this week. I'm thinking that maybe if I meet someone else I will get over this other one.

Why do I feel the need to have someone of the opposite sex to hang out with?

You can't let go of the guy because you don't feel like you have closure. You can't stop obsessing over him because you can't figure out why he did what he did. You want answers. How is it that you overlooked the most obvious explanation? As you yourself said, ". . . he has mental health issues (depression/anxiety/panic attacks). . ."

Hello?!!! I would have chalked up his behavior to depression, anxiety, and--let's add one to the list--control issues. So it has nothing to do with you and you cannot apply your own logic, mental process, etc. to someone with mental issues. Consider the case "solved" and start figuring out how to become exactly the kind of person whose company you would enjoy more than anyone else's. The way life works, once you become the person you want to be with, the right type of partner tends to show up.

PDilemma
07-30-2012, 08:10 PM
I think we need a new source of drama, this one's dying down... where's PDilemma's SIL?

:rofl:

Sorry, I've got nothing new. She's been pretty quiet since she came home from the wild fires unmarried.

VALuvsMKwan
07-30-2012, 08:24 PM

Sorry, I've got nothing new. She's been pretty quiet since she came home from the wild fires unmarried.

Another new rep level? :lol:

michiruwater
07-30-2012, 08:33 PM
My coworker is reading it and LOVES it, and was :scream: when I told her BDSM was a real thing. :rofl:

It is, but the version in 50 Shades is a facsimile of the real thing and is a completely unhealthy, straight-up abusive relationship as opposed to a real, consensual BDSM relationship where both parties get what they need from whatever facets of BDSM they choose to participate in.

berthesghost
07-30-2012, 08:41 PM

Sorry, I've got nothing new. She's been pretty quiet since she came home from the wild fires unmarried.You make it sound like it was her fault. They were all obviously lesser gays. What straight guy would wrap his legs around a big pole and slide down?

Ozzisk8tr
07-30-2012, 08:51 PM
It is, but the version in 50 Shades is a facsimile of the real thing and is a completely unhealthy, straight-up abusive relationship as opposed to a real, consensual BDSM relationship where both parties get what they need from whatever facets of BDSM they choose to participate in.

You talk like you have experience... keep going.:watch: