PDA

View Full Version : Dating dilemma

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Really
07-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Are you crazy, or just making up good ways to keep the rest of FSU entertained in the off-season. Leave the guy alone.

numbers123
07-29-2012, 11:19 PM
I sent him a text message yesterday saying if we could at least see each other again within the next several months, and no response. He also ignored an email I sent a few days ago basically apologizing for some mean things that were said, he said some as well. And nothing.

I know it sounds pathetic, but do you think there is any chance he will try to contact me again? Can't believe I let this go on for as long as it did! Next time, if someone doesnt show interest right off the bat, I'm not getting involved!

Okay, you all are gonna think I'm crazy, but I broke down and texted him today. No response. What the hell was I thinking?

Question: Can someone block all texts/emails they receive from you without your knowing? Or do they bounce back if they are blocked?

I'm meeting this other guy I've met online this week. I'm thinking that maybe if I meet someone else I will get over this other one.

Why do I feel the need to have someone of the opposite sex to hang out with?

This is a pattern with you - you have sent him emails and text several times over the last 2 months and he ignores or does not respond. Face it, he will NOT respond.

Anita18
07-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Are you crazy, or just making up good ways to keep the rest of FSU entertained in the off-season. Leave the guy alone.
I'm seriously considering whether SceneIt is in her teens, since it's certainly drama-queen behavior that's more typical of someone that young. It's downright embarrassing for someone older than 17, IMO.

Although I'm sure the woman who screamed outside my coworker's neighbor's door late at night for an hour was beyond her teens, but seriously...don't be that girl. :o

Also, getting into a new relationship when you're slapped with a restraining order from the last guy you dated (and wasn't even in a relationship with) is a pipe dream.

leesaleesa
07-29-2012, 11:29 PM
Lol. I received a text a few weeks back asking "R U tryna steel my BF?" I thought it was from some tween with the wrong number, but no, it was the 55 going on 12 year old "girl" friend of a male friend I have known for years, but have had zero interest in.

Michalle
07-29-2012, 11:33 PM
DO NOT DO IT. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. DO NOT GO NEAR HIS HOUSE.

agalisgv
07-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Even though I was a bit older than he, he seemed to be the more mature of us. You said earlier he was 39, which would make you 40+. If you aren't sufficiently mature at this point, the problem definitely lies with you--not him.

And yes to what michiru said--you sound like a desperate stalker woman who is lonely with no social skills.

Anita18
07-29-2012, 11:58 PM
You said earlier he was 39, which would make you 40+. If you aren't sufficiently mature at this point, the problem definitely lies with you--not him.

And yes to what michiru said--you sound like a desperate stalker woman who is lonely with no social skills.
Oh dear Lord. :yikes:

Are you sure you aren't related to that lady in the comic book forums who is adamant she's gonna find Mr. Right in the laundromat she works at, but thinks that every guy wants to harm her? She says she's 39, and I don't think there's any positive aspects for her to lie about being older...

genevieve
07-30-2012, 12:17 AM
I think I was hoping for some response, but nothing at all.
Of course you were hoping for a response.

...I'm having fun, but then my mind turns back to this guy, this great guy who I misunderstood and who got away.
Nothing you've posted here makes him sound like "this great guy". You've now morphed him into this ideal man precisely because you will never ever get him.

I am almost tempted to drive by his place and park and see if he's seeing someone else, but I'm afraid I would get caught and I just dont have the time. I think it would help me if I saw with my own eyes of him with other women, which everyone thinks he was dating many women in the same fashion, just as "casual" with no seriousness. He denies EVER seeing anyone while he was with me. But then he also said in the past that he had a high sex drive, so if he were only seeing me couple times a month, where was he satisfying this high drive?
Jesus fcuking christ, listen to yourself! :scream:

No, it won't help you to see anything with your own eyes. He could be screwing someone in themiddle of the road and you'd still be asking yourself "what did I do wrong? maybe if I text him one more time he'll understand what he meant to me and call me back".

You seriously need to stop worrying and thinking about him. I know it's hard but you're in a super, super unhealthy place. You barely knew this guy. I know it feels differently, but you only saw him a little more than a half dozen times in a relatively large span of time. I can't say if he was a great guy or not, but you need to stop. Get a counselor if you have to so you have a neutral source to talk to in real life. This needs to stop. Now.

You're just making excuse after excuse. There is no excuse for your unhealthy dependence upon someone whom you barely dated, were not in a serious relationship with, and who dumped you in a fairly clear fashion. There is no reason whatsoever for you to be so emotionally invested in this guy. You need to focus on you at this point and how you can get over this sort of cycle and not have this happen again. Again, I seriously suggest a counselor.

And stop making excuses to try to justify your behavior or continued infatuation with this guy. There is no justifying it. Period.
^^ emphasis mine, but this is spot on

I'm seriously considering whether SceneIt is in her teens, since it's certainly drama-queen behavior that's more typical of someone that young. It's downright embarrassing for someone older than 17, IMO.
And yet many women of all ages allow themselves to swirl exactly like this at the end of relationship.

Anita18
07-30-2012, 01:00 AM
And yet many women of all ages allow themselves to swirl exactly like this at the end of relationship.
But it wasn't even a relationship! :wall:

agalisgv
07-30-2012, 01:10 AM
You went out on 8 dates, over 5 months. And just to clarify based on what SceneIt posted earlier, five of those eight dates were in the last month--all of which involved having sex together. In the four months prior, they had only seen each other a total of three times.

So in one month, they start sleeping together frequently, and by her admission she started calling and texting him during that time to meet together even more. And this is what sparked the problems. Then she casually brings up whether he might be gay in some way after having unfulfilling sex one time, and according to her this results in a big argument. Again, according to her, he makes clear he doesn't lean that way nor does he find such comments complimentary. And yet, a week or so later she makes a similar comment to him, and he not surprisingly takes offense again. But she "forgot" about his earlier response, apparently blanking on the whole having to apologize profusely via email and text-messaging in order to get him to talk to her again the week prior.

And when he does accept her apologies, she says she is befuddled by that because she expected the drama to continue on despite her having apologized profusely. He didn't get the fuss since she had apologized.

Until, of course, she did the same thing again the next time they saw/had sex with each other.

So what do we know?

SceneIt appears to thrive on drama and living inside her head. She had hardly any contact with this dude before sleeping with him, and the whole "relationship" lasted a whopping month--during which time she insinuated he was gay on at least two different occasions. And despite having clearly offended him, she repeated her behavior because she's not good at remembering things she's said--unlike him.

I don't know why people think there was something wrong with the guy. Everything SceneIt has described indicate she was needy and desperate, trying to rope the guy into one dramafest after another, and when he balked, she comes and posts on asking here what's wrong with him.

I mean seriously now....what guy in their right mind would be up for all that?

And still the emailing and text-messaging continue--only to be followed-up by actual physical stalking :yikes:.

The problem wasn't she was too good for him. The problem is he was likely too good for her, and her nuttiness drove him away.

heckles
07-30-2012, 01:11 AM
You said earlier he was 39, which would make you 40+. If you aren't sufficiently mature at this point, the problem definitely lies with you--not him.

"Ain't no fool like an old fool."

Yawwwn...this fool is outta here.

Rafter
07-30-2012, 01:25 AM
I think he's done with me, seriously. I doubt he will text back. I just had to explain something I said to him on that day we had all the texts going back and forth. I think I was hoping for some response, but nothing at all.

I have been going out and making attempts to make new friends and socialize more, trying to get on with my life, but I feel like I'm going through the motions. I'm having fun, but then my mind turns back to this guy, this great guy who I misunderstood and who got away. He probably doesnt give me a second thought and thinks I'm crazy. I've never over texted him or anything like that, but he seemed to really dislike me the last time we texted. I don't even know what went wrong. .

I am almost tempted to drive by his place and park and see if he's seeing someone else, but I'm afraid I would get caught and I just dont have the time. I think it would help me if I saw with my own eyes of him with other women, which everyone thinks he was dating many women in the same fashion, just as "casual" with no seriousness. He denies EVER seeing anyone while he was with me. But then he also said in the past that he had a high sex drive, so if he were only seeing me couple times a month, where was he satisfying this high drive?

Will that also involve boiling his bunny?

You sound so desperate for a man. Pathetic really.

berthesghost
07-30-2012, 01:29 AM
I don't even know what went wrong. .really? Let me help: you met a man who in no way shape or form made himself available to you and it drove you mad. You cherished every small crumb he threw your way, and obsessed over him when he ignored you. When he threw you a crumb, you'd beg forgiveness taking all blame for the "misunderstandings". Then he tossed you like a used condom wrapper, and you can't accept it, can't let it go, can't move on. Now you're openly discussing stalking like its a viable option for a healthy person.

Tomorrow is Monday. Make an appointment with a therapist. Seriously. Do it.

SceneIt
07-30-2012, 01:43 AM
really? Let me help: you met a man who in no way shape or form made himself available to you and it drove you mad. You cherished every small crumb he threw your way, and obsessed over him when he ignored you. When he threw you a crumb, you'd beg forgiveness taking all blame for the "misunderstandings". Then he tossed you like a used condom wrapper, and you can't accept it, can't let it go, can't move on. Now you're openly discussing stalking like its a viable option for a healthy person.

Tomorrow is Monday. Make an appointment with a therapist. Seriously. Do it.

Wow, I'm going to print this out and put it in my wallet and read it whenever I feel like calling/texting/driving by. That's basically the gist of everything that happened.

Thanks.

UMBS Go Blue
07-30-2012, 04:16 AM
I uber uber heart Agal! :2faced: