PDA

View Full Version : Dating dilemma

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

PDilemma
07-27-2012, 11:44 AM
then just dismiss me and leave the board, which I see that some posters have done.

Nah...it got late. I went to bed. :lol:

Karina1974
07-27-2012, 12:37 PM
One of my greatest joys is to show complete impenatrability to the idiocy of girls, guys, dogs and cats who think that sticking their asses out, wagging their tails, and giving sad eyes will do them favors with me. I feel like a Bernard Marx in a world of pneumatic mobthink lechers.

But that's just me. I'm attracted to people who don't give a sh*t what others think and are just themselves.

I finally found my sig line. :)

bek
07-27-2012, 01:04 PM
bek, I think you have the profile of someone who might unknowingly date a closeted gay.

Well I'd rather give a guy a chance, and really get to know him; ie potentially not missing out on a great guy than to write off a guy that quickly because I made assumptions.

There are worse things than finding out a guy you dated for awhile was Just Not that Into You...As long as I don't marry said guy..

I will say this my Grandmother has a favorite saying of "what you fear will come upon you." I really think Magnolia you being convinced that you have the perfect gaydar that you can discern a few hours puts you more at risk than someone who takes their time to decide about another person. You can't tell a person's character in a few hours...Dating is a risk; period..Sure its possible that a closed guy might decide I'm his perfect beard. But its also possible that jerk might decide I'm easy to take advantage, a player the same etc.. I just want to find a decent guy; and it takes time to find out if a guy is decent or not.

Nan
07-27-2012, 02:45 PM
It doesn't sound like any of them were sexually confused. It sounds like they didn't like magnolia and because she thinks she's so irresistible, and they didn't agree, so she decided they must be gay. And there's no wonder why the poor guys didn't agree.

magnolia, get over yourself. You deciding someone is gay doesn't actually mean they're gay - and since they went on a date with you, a woman, and none of them told you they were gay, it's almost 100% likely they were straight. They just didn't like you.

Bravo!

nubka
07-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Why is all this so important to you, magnolia? You've already made any point you were trying to make. You're just repeating yourself now.

Probably because everyone is repeating themselves, too. :watch:

milanessa
07-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Probably because everyone is repeating themselves, too. :watch:

Are they? Or is it different people all saying the same thing?

oleada
07-27-2012, 04:35 PM
bek, I think you have the profile of someone who might unknowingly date a closeted gay.

I honestly thought this was someone poking fun at you, and then I saw the username. :lol:

MacMadame
07-27-2012, 04:43 PM

And I think you are insane.

Not to mention, I agree with bek. Are you going to now say that I have the profile of someone who would unknowingly date a closeted gay? Because I've been married for 23 years and when I dated I did the exact opposite of what those books you recommended say to do. Somehow it all worked out for me. :shuffle:

taf2002
07-27-2012, 05:00 PM
I think people who think that any heterosexual men would e.g., complacently talk about how they accidentally ended up in a gay nudist beach and felt fine with it enough to stay because he couldn't be bothered to find the heterosexual nudist beach to a woman whom he is going on a first date with are nuts.

My husband & I accidentally entered a gay bar. We (gasp) actually stayed & had a drink. Is my husband a latent (closeted) homosexual? Are we both? Inquiring minds....

So now you're analyzing posters? FTR, all straight women who date men might unknowingly date a closeted gay. So what's your point? When you date, you put yourself out there & take chances, regardless of your orientation. You think a gay person has never been dumped on and/or deceived? I think you should accept the fact that the world doesn't revolve around you & that gay men are not all out to get you. If I were a man out on a date with a girl & she was probing in order to find out if I was gay, I would probably pretend to be gay in order to get rid of her. So maybe none of them were gay, just turned off by you.

berthesghost
07-27-2012, 05:20 PM
I think the whole pretending to be gay to avoid a second date thing is something more out of a tv sitcom than real life. I just don't see guys risking bad gossip when all they have to do is just not ask to see her again. The "and I never heard from him again" scenario seems most popular to me.

Lesser gay or not, I think it's both the same: the doctor was seeing how much he could get away with with the gay nude beach story. Im sure it weeds out all the uptight conservatives real fast.

SceneIt
07-27-2012, 05:24 PM
I know lots of you mentioned that I never had a relationship with this guy but I felt I did. It went on slowly for 5 months. For me, it was a buildup of anticipation and I may have let my imagination carry me into thinking it was more than it was. For him, he must not have even given me much thoughts between dates. Next time I will know that when I go out with a guy, there should be more interest in the very beginning stages as opposed to the end.

Oh, best thing about all this, was the fact that I lost around 10 pounds effortlessly worrying about this guy. Now that he's gone, I hope they don't come back.

sap5
07-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Your profile would indicate that you've been on FSU for 7 years. You have to have figured out by now that a) FSU threads never stay on topic and b) FSU threads aren't a good place to get people to hold your hand while you make stupid mistakes. We're far too blunt, as a group, for that. This thread follows the pattern of a million other FSU threads: 1. OP asks for advice about topic, 2. everyone gives OP advice that she doesn't want to hear, 3. OP provides more details that just convince everyone that their original reaction was correct and question what on earth she's doing, 4. OP gets upset that everyone is not being supportive, 5. the thread gets hijacked.

You really shouldn't be surprised it went down like this. It always goes down like this.

Darn thing told me that I had to spread some rep around before I could give it to you again, TG. Right on!

nubka
07-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Are they? Or is it different people all saying the same thing?

Could be. Over and over... :scream:

hydro
07-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Could be. Over and over... :scream:

Yes, heaven forbid people stand up to homophobia, over and over :rolleyes:

berthesghost
07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Could be. Over and over... :scream:Yet I think there is more to say. For ex:
Homosexuality in modern Japan

Despite the recent trends that suggest a new level of tolerance, as well as open scenes in more cosmopolitan cities (such as Tokyo and Osaka), Japanese gay men and lesbian women often conceal their sexuality; with many even marrying persons of the opposite sex.[25]
[edit]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_Japan

Once I found out all of this was going down in Japan vs the USA where even the president Publicly supports gay marriage, the likelihood of magnolia being right went up IMO. I still :lol: at her "research" methods, but it is interesting to compare social views on homosexuality in various parts of the world.