PDA

View Full Version : Dating dilemma

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

heckles
07-27-2012, 03:24 AM
And that ship has sailed.

That ship never even made it out of the dockyard.

GarrAarghHrumph
07-27-2012, 03:26 AM
That ship never even made it out of the dockyard.

The lesser-dockyard. ;)

ChelleC
07-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Captain of the Good Ship Doucheypop?

Must find a way to drop this phrase into everyday conversation. :rofl:

Alex Forrest
07-27-2012, 03:39 AM
I have a feeling there are some gay posters here who are deep in the closet, and I would like to say that I care not if they are gay or not, nor if they are out or not. Just as long as they don't try and deceive someone into entering into a fake relationship, it is none of my business. It is no one's business.

That sounds sweet, but you also had to tell us you purposefully went on to Match or YahooPersonals or wherever to catch yourself a closeted gay man, and at one of them you subtlely threatened his professional standing. Read that sentence ten times. No normal woman does that. Or man, but then again I can't think of any straight man who would go through Match.com to look for a closeted lesbian and then threaten her. (yet I'm sure they are out there... )

As someone who has 'majored' in married/divorced bisexual men for most of my life, you have an unnecessary hangup. These men are not out to wreck you, they are trying to figure out how they can live their idea of a fulfilled life and be socially accepted, and no they don't set out to break naive women's hearts. Yes, maybe their thinking is flawed somewhat, but who else hasn't engaged in flawed thinking? The messages sent from the media and well, the Repub party and every religious community, really make it hard for a bisexual man to find his own identity.

I really find it distasteful that you would hone in on these men to either prove your gaydar or threaten them. Really, life isn't Hollywood, you are not a victim where Meredith Baxter Birney plays your story. You are hurting men who are in a difficult bind. And for sure they should have dropped you like hotcakes.

Alex Forrest
07-27-2012, 03:51 AM
I just read a bit of this thread to my husband, and he asked me, "Is there any *skating* on the figure skating message board?" And I said, "Not in the off season, there's not. It's all either Olympic gymnastics or closeted lesser-bisexuals."

I have had this same conversation. "You go to this skating site everyday and you NEVER talk about skating!". Well, I like OTBP and PI much more. Once COP came into play, there really wasn't much to grouse about. A skater could put out a 'moment' performance but a Slutskaya could rack up the points with her ugly Biellmanns. There was no debate, the Biellmanns won. So at least I learned to like and respect many posters on here. I try to engage in skating discussions here, but I lack the passion about it all, since COP.

But yeah, it's funny when a nonskating fan notices you care more about nonskating issues on a skating board. Been there. :lol:

PDilemma
07-27-2012, 04:04 AM
I just read a bit of this thread to my husband, and he asked me, "Is there any *skating* on the figure skating message board?" And I said, "Not in the off season, there's not. It's all either Olympic gymnastics or closeted lesser-bisexuals."

I was telling my husband a bit about this insane thread and he said "isn't that board for talking about skating?" I pretty much gave him the same answer. :lol:

bek
07-27-2012, 04:27 AM
I can't understand why posters find it difficult to realize that it can be very scary for a woman to find out that she nearly seriously considered having a relationship with someone who could not possibly care for you but in fact, probably is repulsed by you, but they only want to associate with you because they want you to fill the role of a wife so they can pretend to be heterosexual, and that they will lie about their affections for you all the while shagging multiple men, because they so desperately want to appear straight.

Because Magnolia, you have absolute 100% confirmation that said guy really was gay? You realize too there can be a lot worse than meeting online a guy who might be sexually confused. You could meet a guy who is abusive, mean, murderer etc. What about someone who is a thief or takes advantage of others? There's a reason why we take time to get to know someone before we get in a relationship with them.

Don't get me wrong if someone marries/gets a relationship with someone and promises fidelity all the while planning on cheating than that person is scum. But they are scum whether or not they are straight or gay..I mean think of sexually transmitted diseases. .But you might have a guy who really does plan on staying committed to said wife if he marries her (even if he's attracted to men). At the end of the day I suspect their are far more straight men in the world looking to find a wife while they have others on the side (and more and more women the same) than their are gay men looking for the beard while they play around Percentage wise its far more likely to be this way given the sheer number of straight vs gay men.

I get wanting to listen to my instincts if my radar is going off; but I don't think its right to be vindictive or angry about it, because guess what your radar could be wrong.

Angelskates
07-27-2012, 04:37 AM
You realize too there can be a lot worse than meeting online a guy who might be sexually confused.

It doesn't sound like any of them were sexually confused. It sounds like they didn't like magnolia and because she thinks she's so irresistible, and they didn't agree, so she decided they must be gay. And there's no wonder why the poor guys didn't agree.

magnolia, get over yourself. You deciding someone is gay doesn't actually mean they're gay - and since they went on a date with you, a woman, and none of them told you they were gay, it's almost 100% likely they were straight. They just didn't like you.

Anita18
07-27-2012, 04:46 AM
I can't understand why posters find it difficult to realize that it can be very scary for a woman to find out that she nearly seriously considered having a relationship with someone who could not possibly care for you but in fact, probably is repulsed by you, but they only want to associate with you because they want you to fill the role of a wife so they can pretend to be heterosexual, and that they will lie about their affections for you all the while shagging multiple men, because they so desperately want to appear straight.
If you're so easily scared, why did you consider online dating in the first place? :confused: People are always shocked when I tell them I met my fiance online, because wasn't I afraid of meeting creeps and would-be rapists? A closeted man didn't concern them at all! In fact it would definitely be preferable to any of the aforementioned alternatives! :lol:

Angelskates
07-27-2012, 05:15 AM
If you're so easily scared, why did you consider online dating in the first place?

To practice using her gaydar, obviously. Because it's an important life skill.

taf2002
07-27-2012, 05:16 AM
SceneIt - I haven't read most of this thread so let me get this straight. A man strung you along for awhile & then dumped you? I've never heard of such a thing!!! You poor girl. I don't know where you can go for serious advice because I don't know anyone who this has happened to. :fragile:

magnolia
07-27-2012, 05:38 AM
That sounds sweet, but you also had to tell us you purposefully went on to Match or YahooPersonals or wherever to catch yourself a closeted gay man, and at one of them you subtlely threatened his professional standing. Read that sentence ten times. No normal woman does that. Or man, but then again I can't think of any straight man who would go through Match.com to look for a closeted lesbian and then threaten her. (yet I'm sure they are out there... )

I hope no one believes I am actually proud of what I did. I have no reason to lie here on this board and I just wrote as honestly and plainly as possible what occured and what I did. I accept that there were other ways to have dealt with the situation, that I am no Nightingale, and that is something I struggle with.

As someone who has 'majored' in married/divorced bisexual men for most of my life, you have an unnecessary hangup. These men are not out to wreck you, they are trying to figure out how they can live their idea of a fulfilled life and be socially accepted, and no they don't set out to break naive women's hearts. Yes, maybe their thinking is flawed somewhat, but who else hasn't engaged in flawed thinking? The messages sent from the media and well, the Repub party and every religious community, really make it hard for a bisexual man to find his own identity.

I really find it distasteful that you would hone in on these men to either prove your gaydar or threaten them. Really, life isn't Hollywood, you are not a victim where Meredith Baxter Birney plays your story. You are hurting men who are in a difficult bind. And for sure they should have dropped you like hotcakes.

This. I am willing to believe that these men had high hopes that I was a lesbian looking to get married to a gay man. Unfortunately, I was not, and they were disappointed. I think there should be a dating site that people who are looking for mixed orientation marriage can go to.

Ozzisk8tr
07-27-2012, 05:42 AM
What in the H#LL is a lesser gay man?

I think it's the equivalent to a "She-gay".

bek
07-27-2012, 05:46 AM
This. I am willing to believe that these men had high hopes that I was a lesbian looking to get married to a gay man. Unfortunately, I was not, and they were disappointed. I think there should be a dating site that people who are looking for mixed orientation marriage can go to.

So that really what it comes down too. They weren't interested so they must be gay????? I wonder if I can try that on for size.

overedge
07-27-2012, 05:58 AM
I am willing to believe that these men had high hopes that I was a lesbian looking to get married to a gay man.

I just can't get my head around the idea that lesbians would go to a straight dating site in hopes of finding a gay man :rofl: