PDA

View Full Version : Dating dilemma

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Sparks
07-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Color me baffled. All this time, I thought my gay male friends went out with me because they liked me. Now I know they are repulsed by me. How can they stand to be around me? The poor dears. :(

magnolia
07-26-2012, 10:46 PM
I have a feeling there are some gay posters here who are deep in the closet, and I would like to say that I care not if they are gay or not, nor if they are out or not. Just as long as they don't try and deceive someone into entering into a fake relationship, it is none of my business. It is no one's business.

Anita18
07-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Color me baffled. All this time, I thought my gay male friends went out with me because they liked me. Now I know they are repulsed by me. How can they stand to be around me? The poor dears. :(
The vagina be deathly frightening.

I have a feeling there are some gay posters here who are deep in the closet, and I would like to say that I care not if they are gay or not, nor if they are out or not. Just as long as they don't try and deceive someone into entering into a fake relationship, it is none of my business. It is no one's business.
Then what was that thing about you wanting to ruin that doctor's professional life? :confused:

Sparks
07-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Are you psychic like the OP's ex?

Skittl1321
07-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Anyway, I did find a way to get over it. I did what I had to make sure my gaydar worked on closet gays for safety's sake, and then got out to avoid ever having to use it.

Safety's sake? Is accidentally dating a gay man harmful?

I'm not really sure it is any more difficult to get over a relationship that ended because a man was gay then it is to get over any relationship where you had deep, long-term attachment (or even just cared for the person, as evidenced by the OP who is clinging to the notion of this guy she posted about, despite all the advice given at the beginning of the thread.)

I really don't know, as my dating is pretty limited, since I married young. Then again, if I used your checklist, I'm pretty sure my husband would be determined to be gay- he has all the right hobbies. Of course, I have many years of evidence to the contrary, and my gay friends assure me he isn't gay- they actually find the idea laughable. (We do joke about it, as he has more stereotypical hobbies than the gay men actually do.)

Badams
07-26-2012, 11:21 PM
I need to hone my gaydar, for safety's sake. Those closeted, lesser gay men are SCARY! :lol:

agalisgv
07-26-2012, 11:25 PM

So now anyone that challenges you must be closeted gay too. Gee--who knew over 99% of the global population was gay :rolleyes:.

Denial ain't just a river...

PrincessLeppard
07-26-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm wondering if it works for both genders. I'm 45, not completely tragic-looking, and never been married/no children. I always thought it was because that was my choice, but now, I realize the truth; I must be a lesbian.

Dammit. That must be why I can't find a boyfriend, either.

I believe in gay rights and I wish there was no homophobia in society at all such that lesser gay men would not be tempted to try and fool a woman into thinking he's in love with her in order to pass himself off as a straight man in the first place.

When I have served as a beard, it's always been for a man who is out to a group of friends, but maybe not at work or to his family. That's where I come in. :) No one tried to trick me; I was a willing beard.

I'm sure the tricking thing happens, but not nearly the extent to which you believe it does.

Sparks
07-26-2012, 11:28 PM
So now anyone that challenges you must be closeted gay too. Gee--who knew over 99% of the global population was gay :rolleyes:.

Denial ain't just a river...

To be fair, it's probably just a Figure Skating message board that is the most likely to harbor all those lesser gays. ;)

VALuvsMKwan
07-26-2012, 11:28 PM

What an awfully generous attitude for you to take - bless your heart. :shuffle:

I'll send you some of the splinters from my closet door - if I can find any after all these decades. You can stick them in your gaydar voodoo dolls and perhaps the residual gayntibodies in them will help you to repel the negaytive astral waves sent to attack you by those dangerous lesser gays.

Anita18
07-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Safety's sake? Is accidentally dating a gay man harmful?
Seriously. :rofl:

It actually wouldn't bother me as much if my bf cheated on me with a man rather than with a woman. Cause ya know, it isn't my fault I don't have a penis, whereas feeling inadequate if you were cheated on with another woman is kind of the default...

If he cheated on me with a man, it'd be like, "Oops, I guess you discovered something about yourself. Is that other guy hot? Can we have a threesome?" :grope:

milanessa
07-26-2012, 11:37 PM
If he cheated on me with a man, it'd be like, "Oops, I guess you discovered something about yourself. Is that other guy hot? Can we have a threesome?" :grope:

Sure it would, Anita.

Michalle
07-26-2012, 11:39 PM
I will remember this thread for the rest of my life.

gkelly
07-26-2012, 11:56 PM
To be fair, it's probably just a Figure Skating message board that is the most likely to harbor all those lesser gays. ;)

Not to mention plenty of Greater Gays. :)

Seriously. :rofl:

It actually wouldn't bother me as much if my bf cheated on me with a man rather than with a woman. Cause ya know, it isn't my fault I don't have a penis, whereas feeling inadequate if you were cheated on with another woman is kind of the default...

I guess there's a difference between 1) a man knowing he is gay and intends to have one or more male lovers but choosing to marry a woman and keep her in the dark as to what he's really doing behind her back; and 2) a man who marries a woman because he believes that's what men do, and genuinely likes/loves the woman, but later realizes that he would be more satisfied with same-sex relationship(s).

My experience tends more toward 2), which is much more sympathetic. And the same thing can happen with the sexes reversed.

I don't know anyone personally who has experienced 1), and we have no reason beyond her own interpretations to believe that magnolia has either. But it does happen and is much less sympathetic, where there is intentional deception going on.

Not much different from a man choosing to marry a "good" woman while also having every intention of carrying on extramarital affairs with other women. Which also happens.

SceneIt
07-27-2012, 12:02 AM
LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC, PLEASE!

Consensus seems to be to DTMFA - in actuality, I've been dumped and I can't understand why. Just because I wanted to get closer to this guy who gave me all this "space" that I never asked for. Drew this out for 5 months, and about 8 dates, several texts, couple long phone calls then prompty cuts off everything about 2 weeks after we had sex. I was not needy, didnt try to call/text him every day, didnt need to know his every whereabouts, thought I was playing it cool.

This really hurts and I know time will heal all wounds. That is why I came here for support. And my thread gets turned in a gay thread about magnolia's issues.