PDA

View Full Version : Dating dilemma

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Skittl1321
07-26-2012, 07:36 PM
What in the H#LL is a lesser gay man?

I kind of imagined them as a sub-species (except that isn't really the right word)- like the lesser panda (my favorite animal) or the lesser anteater.

michiruwater
07-26-2012, 07:36 PM
You do know that many lesbian women marry men as well, right? And then come out later in life? And yeah, some men marry and then come out as gay later in life, but I really doubt it's as many as you seem to think it is. Why single out the gay men, and then take to calling those individuals 'lesser GAY men'? And how can you possibly call them lesser when you have a) never had to deal with the societal pressures involved with being a gay man, and b) were deceiving these men, who you yourself admitted you CANNOT prove are gay, by going out with them with the purpose of proving to yourself they were gay?

You were, without a doubt, the lesser human being in all three instances by jumping to conclusions based on stereotypes and then dating men while you had ulterior motives.

magnolia
07-26-2012, 07:41 PM
it still is quite true that there are millions of women worldwide who marry gay men not knowing that they are gay, and at some point in their lives, they find out and are devastated.

Really? Millions? You'd think they would come out (or have secret meetings under the auspice of manly men meetings)and take over congress and easily pass equal marriage laws!

That is an untapped political demographic.

The world population is approximately 7 billion. Let's assume 5% of the world is gay. That would mean that there are 350 million gay people, so even if few percent of that 350 million people are married, that would make for at least a million or so. Rough estimate. (Although I have primarily talked about closeted gay man because of how the topic began, I think there are lesbians who pretend to be straight, as well.)

I believe that homophobia is still rampant and that many gay people do feel compelled to try to behave as a straight person to fit in.

Nan
07-26-2012, 07:41 PM
...what is actually a very common phenomenon.

Not in my world, where the sky is blue.

Badams
07-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Lesser gay men and little posters. :lol: Someone thinks WAY to highly of herself.

Kasey
07-26-2012, 07:42 PM
I believe that homophobia is still rampant

You should know

magnolia
07-26-2012, 07:43 PM
You do know that many lesbian women marry men as well, right? And then come out later in life? And yeah, some men marry and then come out as gay later in life, but I really doubt it's as many as you seem to think it is. Why single out the gay men, and then take to calling those individuals 'lesser GAY men'? And how can you possibly call them lesser when you have a) never had to deal with the societal pressures involved with being a gay man, and b) were deceiving these men, who you yourself admitted you CANNOT prove are gay, by going out with them with the purpose of proving to yourself they were gay?

You were, without a doubt, the lesser human being in all three instances by jumping to conclusions based on stereotypes and then dating men while you had ulterior motives.

I tend to think that gay men who are out and are proud of themselves are better, stronger individuals.

numbers123
07-26-2012, 07:48 PM
I am not homophobic.

I believe in gay rights and I wish there was no homophobia in society at all such that lesser gay men would not be tempted to try and fool a woman into thinking he's in love with her in order to pass himself off as a straight man in the first place.

Given the amount of abuse I have gotten in this thread, it is no wonder that very few women dare to talk about what is actually a very common phenomenon.

What in the H#LL is a lesser gay man?
Yeah - what?

A gay man who manipulates an unsuspecting woman in order to maintain the fiction that he is straight.

What? Really? Why would that make anyone a lesser person? do you know that it is a very common phenomenon or one that seems to happen to you?

Sparks
07-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Well, well, well. I have certainly learned many things this morning...

VIETgrlTerifa
07-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Ok even if there are a million closeted gay men out there, what makes you think they're all located within your vicinity to the point where you can hunt them down?

heckles
07-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Supposedly, he just got out of a 2-year relationship with a woman he also says was an alcoholic who drank an entire bottle of wine a night.

I feel like slamming a bottle of Mad Dog just from reading about this guy and I haven't even been around him.

How could he have "just" gotten out of this two-year relationship? Based on what you've said here, it's been at least five months since you two began your tenuous involvement. If his former relationship with an alleged alcoholic is still traumatic for him, what has he done to address it? Therapy? Al-Anon? Reading his tea leaves?

I wouldn't be surprised if this woman's alcoholism is a fabrication or exaggeration of his. Hopefully, you are not repeating his tales about her to mutual acquaintances and unduly harming her reputation.

Sparks
07-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Magnolia - is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=221NeZe3cos&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL89EBD1260B0A1D66) you?

PDilemma
07-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Magnolia - is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=221NeZe3cos&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL89EBD1260B0A1D66) you?

:rofl::rofl:

magnolia
07-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Ok even if there are a million closeted gay men out there, what makes you think they're all located within your vicinity to the point where you can hunt them down?

I am not hunting them! The first closet gay came as a complete shock, and then okay, I ferreted two out just because I was so shocked that the first experience happened and I just wanted some confirmation for my own peace of mind that I could tell if someone was gay, not because I wanted to hunt them but to prevent another closet gay man from trying to hunt me. And then, as I said, I left the dating cite. I didn't want to expose myself to the possibility of stumbling upon another one.

VALuvsMKwan
07-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Channeling Joan Cusack's character in "In and Out":

"IS EVERYBODY GAYYYYYYY????" :eek:

This thread is sure to be nominated for Trainwreck of the Year - I don't even have to rub heckles' crystal balls to predict that. ;)