PDA

View Full Version : Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Men's RESULTS & REACTIONS

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Macassar88
07-25-2012, 01:57 PM
I would have had Chan and Urmanov out later

Nan
07-25-2012, 03:04 PM
This was a BLASPHEMY !!! :mad: :wuzrobbed:

It might help if you took a deep breath.....or a nap.

DaiKozOda
07-25-2012, 03:25 PM
I would include Plushenko in the top 2.

Kasey
07-25-2012, 03:29 PM
It might help if you took a deep breath.....or a nap.

Or Ativan

unicorn
07-25-2012, 03:45 PM
I wont lie, I voted on every voting round to Yagudin :shuffle:

You voted for Yagudin in the final round too?;)

Vagabond
07-25-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm not going to rank any of the skaters here, but I wouldn't have included Daisuke, Patrick, and Brian J. in this poll since they are still competing.

It's hard to know who is still competing and who isn't. Lysacek and Plushenko say they're competing this season, so I would have had to exclude them too. And, it's certainly possible that one of these five skaters will announce his retirement without doing another competition.

As it is, all anyone could do is rank them based on what they've done so far.

antmanb
07-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Buttle - very poor jumping abilities and consistency

I'm not sure I would say BUttle had very poor jumping abilities. Ok he didn't have a quad, but his other triples were pretty strong with some issues on the 3A at times, but I think that's covered by consistency more than poor jumping abilities - his technique was pretty sound.

chan - always overmarked

As others have pointed out, the overmarking is dont by the judges not the skater themselves so I'm not sure criticising a skater for what the judges do is particularly helpful when discussing their skills.

lambiel - quite undeserving records(medals) for a man without the 3A

Lambiel had the triple axel for several seasons and then struggled with it later on, but made up for it with the quad to compensate. He included a brilliant 3A in his 2005 SP when he won worlds.

lauravvv
07-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Buttle - very poor jumping abilities and consistency
chan - always overmarked
lambiel - quite undeserving records(medals) for a man without the 3AYou're obviously even newer to figure skating than I am, and/or have no idea about the many elements that it consists of, including the technical elements and qualities. Even if Lambiel truly didn't have that 3A, it's just one of many elements. There are other skaters who don't have Lambiel's skating skills, have much weaker spins, not so good transitions (all part of technique), not to mention choreography, musicality, presentation and so on, and are still considered great skaters. As for Buttle and Chan, that was also answered by antmanb.

NONKO
07-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Alexei Yagudin is the BEST:rollin:

Jaana
07-25-2012, 06:36 PM
My ranking:

Chan
Takahashi
Lambiel
Lysacek
Buttle
Kulik
Urmanov
Joubert
Yagudin
Plushenko
Eldredge
Stojko

Rob
07-25-2012, 06:56 PM
In terms of my enjoyment of their overall skating/choreography/on ice personality (not teknik, medals, etc.)

Alexei Yagudin
Daisuke Takahashi
Patrick Chan
Jeffrey Buttle
Stéphane Lambiel
Ilia Kulik
Evgeni Plushenko
Todd Eldredge
Evan Lysacek
Brian Joubert
Elvis Stojko
Alexei Urmanov

NMURA
07-25-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure I would say BUttle had very poor jumping abilities. Ok he didn't have a quad, but his other triples were pretty strong with some issues on the 3A at times,

As others have pointed out, the overmarking is dont by the judges not the skater themselves so

Lambiel had the triple axel for several seasons and then struggled with it later on, but made up for it with the quad to compensate. He included a brilliant 3A in his 2005 SP when he won worlds.

No quad, inconsistent 3A -- that's enough to be called a poor jumper in normal senses.

Because of overmarking, Chan's many "medals" should be considered as gifts from the judges. That's a factor can't be ignored.

Lambiel had no choice but to rely on his "quads". That was the sigh of his weakness, not strength. I think 2005 worlds was the lowest level competition for men since Kur Browning's era... and in 2006, Joubert would be the winner if there weren't qualifying rounds. Any of his "wins" and "medals" are not impressive.

Zokko!
07-25-2012, 07:41 PM
My personal ranking:

- Yagudin
- Kulik
- Takahashi
- Lambiel
- Plushenko
- Joubert
- Urmanov
- Buttle

- Stojko
- Eldredge
- Chan
- Lysacek

lily
07-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Lambiel had no choice but to rely on his "quads". That was the sigh of his weakness, not strength. I think 2005 worlds was the lowest level competition for men since Kur Browning's era... and in 2006, Joubert would be the winner if there weren't qualifying rounds. Any of his "wins" and "medals" are not impressive.

Eh, that's really a sign of weakness to rely on quads and most of time he had two of them in his FP, one of them in combination. Poor guy, no choice...

Zokko!
07-25-2012, 07:45 PM
I wont lie, I voted on every voting round to Yagudin :shuffle: ... obviously in vain ... :slinkaway