PDA

View Full Version : The most "unbeloved" Olympic Champion(s) - what do you think?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Fandango
07-23-2012, 09:01 PM
No further comment! :cool:

Spiralgraph
07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
I'll be the first. I chose other and I had Trixi Schuba in mind. Granted, she was the best at figures,otherwise her skating was not remarkable to put it mildly
She's not admired for her free skating.

PDilemma
07-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Urmanov.

I have absolutely nothing against him. But I'm not sure I've ever seen evidence of Urmanov ubers here or elsewhere. No gushing about him. No reminiscing of his programs or anything. He doesn't make anyone's lists of favorite skaters or programs or anything. He is just sort of forgotten.

Marco
07-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Urmanov.

I have absolutely nothing against him. But I'm not sure I've ever seen evidence of Urmanov ubers here or elsewhere. No gushing about him. No reminiscing of his programs or anything. He doesn't make anyone's lists of favorite skaters or programs or anything. He is just sort of forgotten.

I gush about him all the time! He had wonderful style and skating skills as well as picture perfect jumps. Love his musicality.

I also defended him all through the survivor threads until he got voted out!

By the way my vote goes to Hughes for being the most undeserving OGM on the list

falling_dance
07-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Wolfgang Schwarz. I think he always had the reputation of being the man who won mainly because Emmerich Danzer made a big mistake in the school figures, and he also has a reputation here as the guy who robbed Tim Wood of that very same OGM. Also, as Vagabond pointed out in the men's OGM Survivor thread, he's a convicted human trafficker.

sap5
07-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Wolfgang Schwarz. I think he always had the reputation of being the man who won mainly because Emmerich Danzer made a big mistake in the school figures, and he also has a reputation here as the guy who robbed Tim Wood of that very same OGM. Also, as Vagabond pointed out in the men's OGM Survivor thread, he's a convicted human trafficker.

I think that last part ought to be the first reason he's not beloved. :eek:

falling_dance
07-23-2012, 09:42 PM
I think that last part ought to be the first reason he's not beloved. :eek:

I saved the best reason for last.

l'etoile
07-23-2012, 09:44 PM

:eek::eek: Such a shameless person!

Wyliefan
07-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Most unbeloved Olympic champion? Oh, this is going to end well. :scream:

DimaToe
07-23-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm gonna go with Sale/Pelletier, Sarah Hughes wasn't my favourite skater, but at least she earned her OGM more fairly than S/P in my eyes...

Badams
07-23-2012, 09:50 PM
OMG!!! I wish this was multiple choice! :lol:

berthesghost
07-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Wolfgang Schwarz. I think he always had the reputation of being the man who won mainly because Emmerich Danzer made a big mistake in the school figures, and he also has a reputation here as the guy who robbed Tim Wood of that very same OGM. Also, as Vagabond pointed out in the men's OGM Survivor thread, he's a convicted human trafficker.Ita and it boggles the mind why it's not a poll choice other than "other". On second thought, no its not. Most polls at fsu refuse to admit that skating existed before 1988. :lol:

museksk8r
07-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Yeah, this really should be multiple choice. Urmanov is my favorite from the list and I totally don't get what people have against him; he's a much better skater than Stojko and deserved his OGM, IMO.

I'll say other and side with falling_dance against Schwarz as the absolute worst Olympic Champion though.

jenny12
07-24-2012, 12:14 AM

Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!

Wow, I think even if Tonya Harding had won the gold medal, he'd still come out on top (or on the bottom).

julieann
07-24-2012, 01:01 AM
By the way my vote goes to Hughes for being the most undeserving OGM on the list

I think Sarah deserved her OGM by the way she skated that night; she just didn't have a skating career to match. The rest of her career was pretty unremarkable for what you would expect and OGM to have.