PDA

View Full Version : Fluff & interviews on broadcasts not in North America?

SkateBlades17
07-23-2012, 12:56 AM
I was wondering, do non North American broadcasts of skating events have fluff or interviews very much? I've seen quite a few broadcasts from German, British, Russian, etc., (the ones I saw were mostly from the 90s) and it didn't seem like they really had fluff or interviews. I realize that if it's not an english speaking broadcast, a lot of the skaters couldn't do interviews, but from what I've seen, they didn't have interviews with the skaters from the country the broadcast was from either. I've also never seen any fluff. Does anyone know?

pingu
07-23-2012, 01:11 AM
I was wondering, do non North American broadcasts of skating events have fluff or interviews very much? I've seen quite a few broadcasts from German, British, Russian, etc., (the ones I saw were mostly from the 90s) and it didn't seem like they really had fluff or interviews. I realize that if it's not an english speaking broadcast, a lot of the skaters couldn't do interviews, but from what I've seen, they didn't have interviews with the skaters from the country the broadcast was from either. I've also never seen any fluff. Does anyone know?

RAI does usually invite all the skaters to comment a part of a competition or the exibition (usually at Euros and Worlds). They have also done a couple of interviews to Cappellini/Lanotte and Berton/Hotarek before 2011 Worlds, and one to Berton/Hotarek and Faiella/Scali during Bern Euros. The skaters who train in Milan have also been invited to the RAI studios in Milan to comment the 2011 GPF, if I remember correctly.

berthesghost
07-23-2012, 02:02 AM
Totally depends on the network. Eurosport is like espn but better: hardcore sports so it's a lot more skating and little to no interviews or fluff. The other Chanels like abc or NBC will have it, but still I don't remember them having quite as much as us tv. Definitely more interviews and less fluff. One of my favs was on france3 iirc, the guy said Sarah 'I'm sooo normal, well as normal as a genius can be' Hughes was studying ap French and asked her to say something, anything in French to the audience. She stared into the camera for a really long time with total deer in headlights look and then just muttered "bonjour" and ran off. :lol: