PDA

View Full Version : Who will light the Olympic flame?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

screech
07-28-2012, 05:05 AM
Boooooo! BOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

That is all.

BaileyCatts
07-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Ssssooooo ..... no one of any significance actually lit the cauldron? :confused: I don't get it.

Lanie
07-28-2012, 09:05 AM
I don't get it either.

Zemgirl
07-28-2012, 09:09 AM
It was so anticlimactic. I really don't get why you'd bring in a lot of Olympic medalists, then have them stand and do nothing while young athletes nobody has heard of light the torch. If it was so important to have athletes of the future in this part, why not have them run along with the people who nominated them?

caseyedwards
07-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Maybe it's someone very young, not necessarily an Olympian? I could see a child; a future Olympian maybe being picked.

Or barring that, since they seem to think that the method rather than the person is the highlight, it could be something that requires a lot of training/rehearsal to execute and they couldn't pick someone ultra famous because it would be easy to suss out.

Either way, I'm curious now!

Eta: upon further thought, all signs point to the Tenth Doctor lighting the torch. ;)

Lotto numbers please!! LOL.

eleonorad
07-28-2012, 10:14 AM
I think that was a perfect choice, true olympic spirit was shown! That was a really touching moment.

skatesindreams
07-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Ssssooooo ..... no one of any significance actually lit the cauldron? :confused: I don't get it.

I love the cauldron itself; yet was disappointed by the lighting of it.
A "supreme" moment of the Olympics lost much of its' significance, IMO..

I also was looking forward to seeing which great Olympian would receive the enormous honor.

BigB08822
07-28-2012, 08:09 PM
I thought it was the best torch lighting ever. I actually said just the other day that I wished they could find a way for the athletes to all light it themselves and this was close to that idea. I love the idea of the lighting representing both the future and the present. The past was still well represented.