PDA

View Full Version : Who will light the Olympic flame?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

poths
07-24-2012, 11:52 PM
And sorry to be rude, but I really dont want to see any foreign athletes involved in the flame lighting. So you can take your Billie Jean King and Muhammed Ali talk and shove them where the sun dont shine :)

:EVILLE:

Do the Welsh Rugby team have a legitimate shot??/ At least they win shit!

allezfred
07-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Oh my God, Fred.

I am freaked out.

http://www.athleticsweekly.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2779&start=90#p68273

I wrote that yesterday!!! :lol: :inavoid:

PML! Great mind think alike and err... :lol:

AnnieD
07-25-2012, 12:59 AM
That will always be my favourite too - Fecking all sorts of AWESOME !

And sorry to be rude, but I really dont want to see any foreign athletes involved in the flame lighting. So you can take your Billie Jean King and Muhammed Ali talk and shove them where the sun dont shine :)

I feel exactly the same. We'll never get the Olympics again here in Britain again in most of our lifetimes. It should be someone from Britain that gets to do it, it's not like the opportunity will come up again.

I'd really like to see it be Steve Redgrave but I don't know if they'll go for him because it seems too obvious (which I suppose isn't the best reason for not choosing him but if they're going for an unexpected wow factor then I doubt he will be chosen).

my little pony
07-25-2012, 01:24 AM

i dont think it is rude, the ceremony should be all british. i would be disappointed if some rude 'merikkun lit the flame.

suep1963
07-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Same here--host country, host country flame lighter

bardtoob
07-25-2012, 03:14 AM
Sharpie better have her Bic ready.

SHARPIE
07-25-2012, 06:39 AM
I'll also :rolleyes: to infinity if it's some snotty schoolkid from a 'deprived' area or something.

Im kind of thinking it will be :fragile: as the whole bid campaign was centred around inspiring children to take up sport. Ugh.

FiveRinger
07-25-2012, 07:00 AM
That will always be my favourite too - Fecking all sorts of AWESOME !

No offense taken here. I look forward to the Opening Ceremonies every four years BECAUSE they are unique to the host nation. My dream is to see one live. I can't wait to see what the Brits have put together!

FiveRinger
07-25-2012, 07:02 AM
No offense taken here. I look forward to the Opening Ceremonies every four years BECAUSE they are unique to the host nation. My dream is to see one live. I can't wait to see what the Brits have put together!

And lighting the caldron is an honor that should be left to an Olympian. Period. The end.

SHARPIE
07-25-2012, 07:33 AM
Oh I dunno, the psycho bloke from the Prodigy would be fun! 'Im a firestarter.... twisted firestarter' :EVILLE:

allezfred
07-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Oh I dunno, the psycho bloke from the Prodigy would be fun! 'Im a firestarter.... twisted firestarter' :EVILLE:

:rofl:

Lorac
07-25-2012, 10:20 AM

I don't think you are being rude at all - it should be a British person lighting the cauldron - it is the London games after all. And Ali has already had his moment lighting a cauldron!!

allezfred
07-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Opening ceremony role for Beckham (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18977404)

I think him kicking a flaming football into the cauldron might top Barcelona. ;)

morqet
07-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Opening ceremony role for Beckham (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18977404)

I think him kicking a flaming football into the cauldron might top Barcelona. ;)

I really hope it's not Beckham lighting the flame - he's never been an Olympian, and although he did help out during the bid process, and I know that the Olympics aren't about amatuers any more, his footballing career seems to be the opposite of everything that Coubertin envisaged. We have so many other athletes with even stronger ties to the area than Beckham who would better embody the Olympic ideal than him.

allezfred
07-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Beckham is from the East End of London and he does look good in pants (http://www.thislittleladywenttolondon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Becks1.jpg).