PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Champion SURVIVOR: Dance Round 1 (w/poll)

Pages : [1] 2

skateboy
07-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Okay, now for the Olympic Champion SURVIVOR!

The rules are: vote for the weakest link. For the first TWO rounds, we'll eliminate the bottom two. After that, one at a time. Other than that, there are no rules.

Cherub721
07-20-2012, 11:15 PM
V&M with more votes than Linichuk.... ooooook. :rofl: :rofl:

I hope Pahkmova & Gorshkov stay another round. Their only FD I've seen is Masquerade Waltz, but it's so brilliant.

satchelpooch318
07-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Someone actually voted for Klimova and Ponomarenko??? Really? I guess...

Macassar88
07-21-2012, 01:30 AM
How are Virtue and Moir getting so many votes?

skateboy
07-21-2012, 01:42 AM
Some videos:

Pakhomova/Gorshokov, 1976 Olympics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45GO_zqT2RY

Linichuk/Karponossov, 1980 Olympics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6bTEj9WN_Y

bbkenn
07-21-2012, 03:19 AM
How are Virtue and Moir getting so many votes?

They are D&W fans? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

judgejudy27
07-21-2012, 04:59 AM
Linichuk & Karpanasov are by far the weakest. The only reason they probably wont be voted out yet is nobody even remembers them.

gingercrush
07-21-2012, 05:02 AM
Torvill & Dean should win this. The only ones that even come close and I wouldn't mind winning are Klimova & Ponomarenko. I like Grishuk & Platov but those two teams are just too special.

And I'm hoping the French team go early as I don't admire them. Oh and poor Virtue & Moir. They don't stand a chance no matter how good they actually are.

pollyanna
07-21-2012, 06:18 AM
Torvill & Dean should win this. The only ones that even come close and I wouldn't mind winning are Klimova & Ponomarenko.
^^^This.

Well, no, not in my case at least. Virtue & Moir get my vote because they bore me to tears. :yawn: At least Linichuk and Karpanosov made me LMAO.

crankyintheAM
07-21-2012, 07:09 AM
Well, no, not in my case at least. Virtue & Moir get my vote because they bore me to tears. :yawn: At least Linichuk and Karpanosov made me LMAO.

That's exactly how I feel about V/M :shuffle:

blue_idealist
07-21-2012, 07:21 AM
Navka/Kostomarov. No long rationale, since I'm tired of explaining how boring I find them.

Virtue/Moir second-last at this stage?! SERIOUSLY? Did Scott Moir's WTT comments offend people THAT much?

~tapdancer~
07-22-2012, 01:52 AM

Nope, didn't bother to even vote. T&D should win this hands down, the rest don't even come close, imo. Well, perhaps K/P but even they are a distant second.

blue_idealist
07-22-2012, 03:01 AM
I had to go watch the Linichuk/Karponosov FD from 1980 out of curiosity. All I can say is zzzz, and the posters who said Regoeczy and Sallay should have won were right!

Taso
07-22-2012, 03:18 PM
I had to go watch the Linichuk/Karponosov FD from 1980 out of curiosity. All I can say is zzzz, and the posters who said Regoeczy and Sallay should have won were right!

Watch Moiseeva & Minenkov's FD though, from the same event - that should have beaten them both, at least in that portion. Also, I would recommend watching any CDs or OSPs before you make the judgment on 1980 Olympics, because I felt that L&K's were way better than their competition's.

Candace
07-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Navka/Kostomarov. No long rationale, since I'm tired of explaining how boring I find them.

Virtue/Moir second-last at this stage?! SERIOUSLY? Did Scott Moir's WTT comments offend people THAT much?

I don't think it matters what Moir says or doesn't say, I think some people just don't like their skating style and find it boring. He doesn't make himself especially likeable by saying stupid "spoiled child" statements, but that's something else, to be discussed on another thread, maybe.