PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Champion SURVIVOR: Pairs Round 1

Pages : [1] 2 3

skateboy
07-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Okay, now for the Olympic Champion SURVIVOR!

The rules are: vote for the weakest link. For the first three rounds, we'll eliminate the bottom two. After that, one at a time. Other than that, there are no rules.

Blair
07-20-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm always amazes at how people insist that Sale and Pelletier are so terrible...or at least terribly inferior to their rivals.

IMO, the strength of their elements alone puts them near the top of this list.

crankyintheAM
07-20-2012, 10:07 PM
:soapbox: I hope Sale/Pelletier and their fake gold medal go first :lynch:

flipforsynchro
07-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Can someone explain to me why so many people hate S/P? Besides the gold medal part.

skateboy
07-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Can someone explain to me why so many people hate S/P? Besides the gold medal part.

That's the only reason.

Cherub721
07-20-2012, 11:57 PM
S&P were definitely voted out too quickly in the other poll, ahead of teams with no Olympic medal and only 1 world title (and even those who do not agree that S&P should have won in SLC surely must believe they deserved silver). However, in this poll, their record does put them near the bottom. Their OGM was originally a silver. They only have 1 World title. R&Z have 6; Protopopovs, R&U, and G&G have 4; V&V and S&Z have 3; B&S and T&M have 2. Only K&D lack World gold, but their OGM win is unquestionable (except the German judge :rolleyes:). S&P have no other World medals.

Based on their records, K&D and S&P would be eliminated this round. Obviously, there's other factors to consider, and S&P do have some great pair elements and a few memorable programs. I would rather watch them over Rodnina and partners or S&Z, myself, and I did not vote for them this round. But I don't think they're hard-done-by if they go first in this poll.

Badams
07-20-2012, 11:58 PM
That's the only reason.

:huh:I had no idea that was the reason I disliked them so much! :rofl:

falling_dance
07-21-2012, 12:03 AM
I think a lot of people here find even S/P's best performances too sugary for their liking.

satchelpooch318
07-21-2012, 12:04 AM
I just hope the winners of this game are the Protopopovs! :D
(I'll also accept Rodnina + partner as a second choice.)

Cherub721
07-21-2012, 12:05 AM
I just hope the winners of this game are the Protopopovs! :D
(I'll also accept Rodnina + partner as a second choice.)

We all know it'll be G&G. Ho-hum.

satchelpooch318
07-21-2012, 12:09 AM

Aww...no disrespect to Sergei, of course.

jamesy
07-21-2012, 12:23 AM
fake snowball choreo

Macassar88
07-21-2012, 01:29 AM
:soapbox: I hope Sale/Pelletier and their fake gold medal go first :lynch:

Yes please
Anyway, I don't hate them exclusively for their fake gold. It's also because of her unsportsmanlike conduct when the marks came up and their boring recycled program with no choreography and transitions. And the fact that they fell in the short program and shouldn't have placed second.
Also I didn't like Orchid. I still can't understand why everyone thought it was so amazing.

skateboy
07-21-2012, 02:08 AM

Really? I loved them, but they're not my first choice.

Blair
07-21-2012, 02:32 AM
For all the criticisms of S/P, aren't Kazakova/Dmitriev or Totmianina/Marinin worse on all counts? Technique, choreography, skating skills?