PDA

View Full Version : Mass Shooting at the Dark Knight Rises

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

skipaway
07-20-2012, 10:18 AM
At an Aurora Colorado theater midnight showing, someone came in and threw tear gas, and opened fire on the sold out crowd. So far unknown casualties; however, one nearby hospital already has 20 admissions (some critical).

They are on scene at CNN.

Mass Shooting (http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/20/police-shooting-at-colorado-movie-theater/?hpt=hp_t2)

All those people are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they catch the monster who did this.

Cyn
07-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Unbelievable.... :(

According to news reports, a lone gunman in body armor opened fired on the crowd in the theatre after throwing and detonating tear-gas bombs. Massive casualties (between 10 and 12 dead at this time) and according to the FD scanners, a final count of 50 people transported to local hospital EDs.

Per the police chief: 14 dead - 10 at the theatre and 4 at local hospitals.

paskatefan
07-20-2012, 10:30 AM
What horrible news! I hope the monster is caught ASAP & dealt with very harshly. My thoughts & prayers are with the victims & their families.

Cyn
07-20-2012, 10:31 AM
What horrible news! I hope the monster is caught ASAP & dealt with very harshly. My thoughts & prayers are with the victims & their families.

The shooter is in custody (there were originally reports of two gunmen, and while they haven't completely ruled that out, one was caught by law enforcement who were at the premiere).

DBZ
07-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Good grief...sometimes you just have to ask what this world is coming to.

Just craziness

Cyn
07-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Good god, a Denver Post reporter just tweeted that one of the local hospitals reported that the youngest shooting victim is only 3 months old :( :fragile:.

There is speculation on the new networks and the local Denver news affiliate that this is the baby that at least one eyewitness has said was shot at point-blank range in theatre 9.

As sad and tragic as that is, I don't understand wtf kind of parent would take a newborn infant to a midnight premiere of a (loud and crowded) Batman movie *shaking my head*.

Catherine M
07-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Such horrible news to wake up to. Prayers to the families of the dead and wounded. Sounds like people never had a chance.

Anita18
07-20-2012, 12:41 PM
I just came back from my sold-out midnight screening. That could have been us. :( I dressed up as Catwoman and everyone was taking pictures of me and my friends and it was such a fun time. That might have been the experience immediately preceding this tragedy. :(

I don't know how to process such awful things...only that I wish Batman did really exist so he could beat up bad guys. :( I just don't have an answer....

kittyjake5
07-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Just waking up and read this awful news, I am so upset and disgusted by what happened. Praying for the folks of Aurora and my condolences to the innocent people killed and wounded in this horrible senseless crime

Sassafras
07-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Just woke up to the news. I'm in the Denver area, probably 15 miles or so from the theater. Do not believe everything being reported as there are a number of inaccuracies. CNN is running a crawl saying it is near Columbine. It is no where near that area.

allezfred
07-20-2012, 01:05 PM
As sad and tragic as that is, I don't understand wtf kind of parent would take a newborn infant to a midnight premiere of a (loud and crowded) Batman movie *shaking my head*.

That was my first thought when I heard that as well.

milanessa
07-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Do not believe everything being reported as there are a number of inaccuracies.

Isn't that true of any incident like this anywhere in the world? Takes time to sort things out.

My thoughts are with the victims and their families. Doesn't Colorado have quite a pro-gun culture?

Cyn
07-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Live stream of local affiliate live news coverage (http://www.9news.com/video/9newsonline.aspx).

I've been watching/listening since the news first broke, and it has a surreal, nightmarish, quality to it.

Suspect's name released: James Holmes, born in December of 1987, from Tennessee originally but living in Aurora. Until this happened, according to Aurora PD, his only encounter with the law in the past had been a traffic ticket.

Twizzler
07-20-2012, 02:02 PM

Exactly my thought when I first read about this :(

Horribly tragic. This is a scary, scary world we live in. So glad they have the gunman in custody. Thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families, and the town of Aurora. Unspeakable.

They just announced on GMA that the 3mo old was treated at the hospital and released to his/her family. At least that is good news.

Catherine M
07-20-2012, 02:18 PM
One of the victims, Jessica Ghawi who went by the name Jessica Redfield for career purposes had recently moved to Denver to work on her sportscaster career. She had been in the food court at the Eaton Center in Toronto for that shooting and had a bad feeling and left just seconds before it happened:

http://deadspin.com/5927673/aspiring-sportscaster-killed-in-shooting-at-colorado-movie-theater