PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

cruisin
08-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Buffi, if you are going to present yourself as "Betsey Johnson II", you have a long way to go!

Did she actually say that? :eek::scream:!

Betsey Johnson is gifted. She works with quirky colors, but her designs are spot on. Her look is almost ingenue with a little something off beat. My daughter wore lots of Betsey Johnson dresses for special occasions, when she was in high school.

skatesindreams
08-10-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't think so.
However, I suspect that that's what she hopes for - without the talent/ability it would take to actually do it.

Moto Guzzi
08-10-2012, 11:14 PM
I thought that both Raul and Buffi should have gone.
I hated both outfits but, since only one was eliminated, am glad that Buffi is gone. Squiggy's piece of crap was slightly less heinous than hers.

Sparks
08-11-2012, 03:07 AM
Squiggy's pants made me squirm. :eek:

TheGirlCanSkate
08-12-2012, 12:53 AM
"Didn't at all agree with the elimination. When someone who had already been voted off is allowed to return, and then immediately ends up in the B3...the heave ho!"

I totally agree, but really would not have minded both Squiggy and Bufi leaving.

And for Squiggy to be into men's wear - well - he sucks!

Alicia's outfit was very cute. Not top 3 cute, but I think it is my favorite of hers. My daughter would love to wear it.

I get Elaina's fencing thing, but who would wear that jacket that makes a model look so unattractive and bulky?

Fabio - Ugh. Screams 1995 Contempo Casual.

Melissa - I would buy it. I love thin layers.

Nathan - aside from the breastfed baby poop color, I liked his outfit.

Sonja's dress had weird draping under her boob/ribs. It's a cute idea - I bet Ven could fix the problems.

shan
08-13-2012, 05:47 AM
I'm happy with the top 3 although I woudn't have been surprised if Ven had made it too. I do wonder if he will get dinged for not having much variety in terms of silhouette (hasn't he had dresses with similar fronts each challenge so far?).

Each week I'm still :huh: as to who Nathan is when he comes on the screen.

TheGirlCanSkate
08-13-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm happy with the top 3 although I woudn't have been surprised if Ven had made it too. I do wonder if he will get dinged for not having much variety in terms of silhouette (hasn't he had dresses with similar fronts each challenge so far?).

Each week I'm still :huh: as to who Nathan is when he comes on the screen.

He is not memorable at all! :lol: I had to look up his name when I posted it.

ks1227
08-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Laura Bennet's blog on this episode gives some really good information on what the designers' go through. Especially those that get eliminated.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/blogs/laura-bennett-blog

Her theory as to why Andrea left how & when she did is something I would not have considered. I can certainly see the producers being more concerned about the results being spoiled than Andrea's well-being. I did not know that kicked off designers have to be sequestered until the final is over. I don't watch reality tv, so maybe this is typical of all these shows?

It's interesting reading the different blogs by former contestants. They usually do not agree on the winner or the top & bottom designs. What they all tend to agree with, though, is the fact that more talented designers did not make the show while ones like Andrea, Buffi, Kooan, and Raul did. Pisses me off.
Thanks for that link. I have to say, that was one of the most interesting, succinct "insider's view" of the experience of being a PR contestant that I've read.

skatesindreams
08-16-2012, 07:45 PM
He is not memorable at all! :lol: I had to look up his name when I posted it.

I thought Nathan had potential at the beginning - from his video intro, etc.
He certainly hasn't lived up to it though.

ks1227, I've always appreciated Laura's perspective.
She tells it as she experienced - and sees, it.

Matryeshka
08-17-2012, 02:04 AM
"It's never a good sign when it's a button bag."

I think it's a worse sign when Nina comes on the runway. :rofl:

my little pony
08-17-2012, 02:08 AM
lol, i'm reading the most recent posts and i just realize that i have no idea who nathan is

PRlady
08-17-2012, 02:16 AM
:mad: I set my Tivo to record PR before the Olys. It didn't. I caught most of the last episode, that's it.

Looks like we have the usual assortment of divas and decent people? And while I liked the winning dress from last episode, it wasn't out of this world or anything.

Matryeshka
08-17-2012, 02:24 AM
Well, no Roaul, they're not listening to you as they've seen your design.

TheGirlCanSkate
08-17-2012, 02:36 AM
Not knocking Ven, but looking back over his dresses, they all feel "Mother of the Bride".

my little pony
08-17-2012, 02:46 AM
i think that was the first time snape smiled all season