PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

skatesindreams
08-05-2012, 06:17 PM
I suspect that it is extremely difficult to produce quality work within the time constraints imposed by PR.
Most contestants seem surprised; and at a loss about how to deal with them.

Tesla
08-05-2012, 06:26 PM
They should practice. PR has been on long enough.

PDilemma
08-05-2012, 08:44 PM
They should practice. PR has been on long enough.

Yep. It should not be a surprise to them.

Andrea's construction problems are a mystery. She acted like she didn't even know how to do some things this last week, yet is a design school instructor. How does that work?

Whenever someone has problems with sewing on the show, I have to wonder how much assistance they had making the designs they showed to get on the show.

Nomad
08-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Yep. It should not be a surprise to them.

Andrea's construction problems are a mystery. She acted like she didn't even know how to do some things this last week, yet is a design school instructor. How does that work?

Whenever someone has problems with sewing on the show, I have to wonder how much assistance they had making the designs they showed to get on the show.

Maybe Andrea teaches courses that don't involve actual sewing?

TheGirlCanSkate
08-06-2012, 05:56 AM
I can't help but think of Andrea as being "The Crazy Cat Lady".

Fergus
08-10-2012, 12:24 AM
I can't help but think of Andrea as being "The Crazy Cat Lady".

I think "Bjork rejects". :shuffle:

Watch out, Thai journalist ladies......

Just looked at the "Before the Runway" portfolio photos. There resides some fugly hipster crap. :yikes:

Buffi the Good Taste Slayer and Dumpster Diver in particular.

Fergus
08-10-2012, 02:13 AM
Well, the designers basically burned Judy Collins in effigy.....

....and rightfully so, IMHO. What a dipsh!t. :rolleyes:

Oh jeez, now LIGay has a guilt complex.

Pokemon wants to return to the mother-ship? Oy vey.....

skipaway
08-10-2012, 02:31 AM
I suspect that it is extremely difficult to produce quality work within the time constraints imposed by PR.
Most contestants seem surprised; and at a loss about how to deal with them.

Tim Gunn was on the Daily Show the other night. Jon asked him why they seemed so surprised when they run out of time. Tim said a few of them thought they actually had a week and thought it was TV editing that pared them down to one day.

cruisin
08-10-2012, 02:09 PM
I wonder why they don't give them more time. I realize that they can't take a week. That the filming and editing, etc. need to be done. But I think they would get far more interesting and better finished outfits with two days. Am I remembering correctly, didn't they get two days when the show first started?

I understand Christopher feeling guilty, he feel like he threw her under the bus (which he did). But, she deserved it.

I thought all three top three looks were fantastic, this week. I also loved Ven's. What I liked most about Ven's was that you would have expected that dress to be black, navy, red. but, doing it in a camel color was so unexpected and it worked! I just think they felt they couldn't let him win/be top 3 3 weeks in a row.

I think they should have knocked Buffy and Raul off. They were both hideous.

I liked Gunnar's out fit as individual pieces, but I don't think they worked together. I especially didn't like the brown tones in the skirt with the burgundy top. And the top and skirt were two different statements.

skatesindreams
08-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I wonder why they don't give them more time. I realize that they can't take a week. That the filming and editing, etc. need to be done. But I think they would get far more interesting and better finished outfits with two days. Am I remembering correctly, didn't they get two days when the show first started?

I understand Christopher feeling guilty, he feel like he threw her under the bus (which he did). But, she deserved it.

I thought all three top three looks were fantastic, this week. I also loved Ven's. What I liked most about Ven's was that you would have expected that dress to be black, navy, red. but, doing it in a camel color was so unexpected and it worked! I just think they felt they couldn't let him win/be top 3 3 weeks in a row.

I think they should have knocked Buffy and Raul off. They were both hideous.

I liked Gunnar's out fit as individual pieces, but I don't think they worked together. I especially didn't like the brown tones in the skirt with the burgundy top. And the top and skirt were two different statements.

You spoke for me.
I believe you're right about the two day timeframe for challenges at the beginning of PR.

Ven's skill level must be amazing, given the complexity of his designs/construction required.

cruisin
08-10-2012, 02:39 PM
You spoke for me.
I believe you're right about the two day timeframe for challenges at the beginning of PR.

Ven's skill level must be amazing, given the complexity of his designs/construction required.

I know! The zipper set was amazing, all by itself. Anyone who has put in a metal zipper knows how hard it its to just put one in, straight up the back. But, to achieve that beautiful curve, with no puckering or bowing - amazing is the word!

skatesindreams
08-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Ven doesn't complain about what he's asked to do, either.
He just fits what is required to his aesthetic - beautifully.

I'm not surprised at Kooan's exit.
Japan seems more accepting of avant-garde/weird design then PR is.
I hope that he finds what he is searching for; but, I don't see the "talent" that he believes he has.

Lucy25
08-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Laura Bennet's blog on this episode gives some really good information on what the designers' go through. Especially those that get eliminated.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/blogs/laura-bennett-blog

Her theory as to why Andrea left how & when she did is something I would not have considered. I can certainly see the producers being more concerned about the results being spoiled than Andrea's well-being. I did not know that kicked off designers have to be sequestered until the final is over. I don't watch reality tv, so maybe this is typical of all these shows?

It's interesting reading the different blogs by former contestants. They usually do not agree on the winner or the top & bottom designs. What they all tend to agree with, though, is the fact that more talented designers did not make the show while ones like Andrea, Buffi, Kooan, and Raul did. Pisses me off.

duane
08-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Didn't at all agree with the elimination. When someone who had already been voted off is allowed to return, and then immediately ends up in the B3...the heave ho!

skatesindreams
08-10-2012, 03:24 PM
I thought that both Raul and Buffi should have gone.
Neither have the skills required to make their designs/aesthetic effective.

Buffi, if you are going to present yourself as "Betsey Johnson II", you have a long way to go!