PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Nomad
08-04-2012, 04:22 AM
While I think Ven/Fabio made a great cocktail dress, there was nothing Grace Kelly on the red carpet about it. This (http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn169/aguntherc/grace-kelly-life-cover.jpg) is a Grace Kelly on the red carpet look. Too bad none of the three seemed to know that. Melissa/Dmitry were robbed.

Fergus
08-04-2012, 04:54 AM
While I think Ven/Fabio made a great cocktail dress, there was nothing Grace Kelly on the red carpet about it. This (http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn169/aguntherc/grace-kelly-life-cover.jpg) is a Grace Kelly on the red carpet look. Too bad none of the three seemed to know that. Melissa/Dmitry were robbed.

I agree. It was more Dorothy Maguire at the 1952 Photoplay Awards than Grace Kelly.

Nomad
08-04-2012, 05:15 AM
The three best dresses (in terms of meeting the brief) were the three safe dresses - April, Laura, and Valerie had the best red carpet looks. I really loved how Melissa/Dmitry gave a nod to Old Hollywood glamour - kind of an updated Jean Harlow look.

shan
08-04-2012, 05:42 AM
I feel like rather than winning something, Ven is being punished by having to spend a day with Kenley.

My first thought when he was announced as the winner. :EVILLE:

christopher needs to be slapped repeatedly. he cried like he was describing genocide.

Yeah he was ridiculously overdramatic. I agree that Judy Collins was a mess to work with, but if he couldn't confront her during the challenge, don't bring it all up on the runway. :rolleyes: That said, she's kind of cuckoo and I wouldn't want to work with her.

I thought Ven/unmemorable designer's dress was so :yawn: I thought the judges would slam them for making a Kenley dress. Didn't Kenley make that exact silhouette almost every challenge?

:respec: April getting rid of the silver granny hair and bringing purple instead!! Can you imagine her wearing that silver gown while sporting her centrum silver hair?? :scream:

I was :rofl: at Irina having to work with Kooan. She looked so ticked off right before the runway show.

duane
08-04-2012, 05:44 AM
That pic of Grace Kelly is one of my all-time favorite pics of her. I think it's a still of her from the movie The Swan.

But I thought the Ven/Fabio dress was very Grace Kelly-ish. She not only wore full length, but calf/mid-calf length dresses at movie premieres and also in her movies (Rear Window and To Catch A Thief come to mind). What would have really made the overall look more Grace-like are white gloves and a more stylish hairdo.

cruisin
08-04-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't know what the assignment was. I assume, from this thread that it was to design something Grace Kelly'ish. If so, the only gown I could see her wearing is Dimitri's and Melissa's. The rest were blech. I agree with duane, the Ven/Fabio dress was absolutely Grace Kelly, in the movies. Just not sure that I would have done black. She tended to wear more pastels, embroidered florals, organzas. But the style, spot on.

Nomad
08-04-2012, 03:37 PM
^ The challenge was to make a red carpet look for the Emmys. Kenley said she wanted something Grace Kellyish and she basically dictated silhouette, length, fabric, etc. Ven came up with the details and Fabio helped sew.

ks1227
08-04-2012, 03:46 PM
I wondered if they had ever seen Mila/her designs before?
Their concept/execution bore no resemblance to her aesthetic/taste.
I was amazed that they put Mila in that outfit, fabric disagreements with her aside. Particularly because they kept talking about themselves as menswear designers. Mila seems like the most ideal "client," at least from that bunch of former contestants, for using some menswear concepts in an edgy red carpet outfit.

Yeah he was ridiculously overdramatic. I agree that Judy Collins was a mess to work with, but if he couldn't confront her during the challenge, don't bring it all up on the runway. :rolleyes: That said, she's kind of cuckoo and I wouldn't want to work with her.

My opinion of him dropped a lot in this challenge.

Reuven
08-04-2012, 10:54 PM
^^Agree. Didnít they meet her when she was wearing a tuxedo type jacket? They should have done an edgy take on a tuxedo, thatís more Milaís style.

christopher needs to be slapped repeatedly. he cried like he was describing genocide.
Heís this yearís Michael C.

dbell1
08-05-2012, 12:21 AM
I gave Christoper a pass because he was dealing with a slow laughing lying liar who lies. He won the first challenge and she couldn't figure out how to use a sewing machine? What exactly does she teach her students? She said in the stew room that she didn't want to be there and then told the judges she hadn't said it. And I would have had her monstrosity last week in the B3. It was candy dot disaster pouf.

I liked Raoul's candy outfit last week and was sad he went home. He was pretty cranky in his exit interview. Blamed Mila for the loss. :rolleyes: But, I would have had Snape and Alicia in the top 2. No clue how Hello Kooan (TM Bert) and Gunner got there.

According to Laura Bennett's blog on lifetime, Kenley was a total bitch the whole time and Irina suggested the chiffon scarf to cover up the fit issues. Mila was really annoyed with her people too.

Nomad
08-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Yeah, Christopher was being a bit of a drama queen, but judging by what we saw, working with Andrea was really frustrating, especially in view of the fact that initially he was hoping to learn something from her. Unfortunately all he learned was that she was a nutcase.

duane
08-05-2012, 04:53 PM
I gave Christoper a pass because he was dealing with a slow laughing lying liar who lies. He won the first challenge and she couldn't figure out how to use a sewing machine? What exactly does she teach her students? She said in the stew room that she didn't want to be there and then told the judges she hadn't said it. And I would have had her monstrosity last week in the B3. It was candy dot disaster pouf.
Agree with entire post. Mostly, I'm still totally :confused: :confused: :confused: that she wasn't in the B3 in the candy competition.

skatesindreams
08-05-2012, 04:57 PM
I wonder why Andrea was selected in the first place?
What did the producers see in her?

my little pony
08-05-2012, 04:59 PM
christopher won the first challenge based on the dress he made at home. his 2nd dress made in the workroom made me question if he made the first dress alone or if he just needs way more time than PR allows. nothing he has done in wk 2 or wk 3, and wk 2 was not a team event, has changed my mind. he overestimates his genius.

ks1227
08-05-2012, 05:28 PM
I wonder why Andrea was selected in the first place?
What did the producers see in her?
I can't say what the producers saw in her, but she has photos of some pretty amazing designs posted online. The contrast between those clothes and her output for PR is rather :eek:. Presumably the producers imagined there would be more similarity.