PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44

Nomad
10-06-2012, 03:30 AM
I doubt it was even rung up. If it had been, I suspect the producers would have made sure it got to her. Given the time constraint to get to the register, she may have left it at the cutting table. If she did, that was her mistake.

Mila Hermanovski weighs in on her PR blog:

"What did actually happen to Sonjiaʼs gold fabric? When we select fabric at Mood, we pay for it, the Mood cashier bags it, and then the producers take all our bags away from us and bring them to Parsons, where they are given back to us. Just sayinʼ..."

If Sonjia had left that gold fabric on the cutting table, there would have been a brief close-up of it lying there after she walked away, I'm sure.

Elena also "lost" some fabric earlier this season, as I recall - the Rockettes challenge? And both times, neither designer had a receipt to refer back to like Kenley when her tulle didn't get put in the bag, allowing her to go back to Mood and get the tulle. I think the producers remove the receipts (and fabric if they want to sabotage a designer) between Mood and Parsons.

PRlady
10-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Just a note for those of you who like to play with makeup: the Enchanted Queen colors are :swoon: for when you need a dramatic look. Actually the lipstick would work every day, the eyeshadow needs to be saved for night.

succubus
10-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Just a note for those of you who like to play with makeup: the Enchanted Queen colors are :swoon: for when you need a dramatic look. Actually the lipstick would work every day, the eyeshadow needs to be saved for night.

Unless you're me, who still channels Siouxsie Sioux. Even in a business suit.

PRlady
10-12-2012, 03:47 AM
OK, so who didn't see that coming? ;)

I couldn't have picked who to boot off either, and besides I like all four of those designers as people. (And they seem to like each other, too, the bitchy comments were really at a minimum.)

As usual, I don't get Fabio and can't figure out who would really wear these shapeless clothes. Melissa's stuff I would wear if I were 30 years younger and Chris' I would pass on to my much edgier friend, but Dmitri's white dress I want right now...

skatesindreams
10-12-2012, 02:39 PM
The only collection of the four that I love is Dmitry's.

He should feel great about Tim's critique.
That man has taste, style, and sophistication; most importantly he acknowledges/appreciates it in others.
The judges seem part of a different universe, IMO.

What was Fabio thinking?
No matter the hand-dyed fabric: the concept and resulting outfits are terrible.

cruisin
10-12-2012, 03:07 PM
OK, so who didn't see that coming? ;)

I couldn't have picked who to boot off either, and besides I like all four of those designers as people. (And they seem to like each other, too, the bitchy comments were really at a minimum.)

As usual, I don't get Fabio and can't figure out who would really wear these shapeless clothes. Melissa's stuff I would wear if I were 30 years younger and Chris' I would pass on to my much edgier friend, but Dmitri's white dress I want right now...

No surprise. I couldn't pick one to boot either. I don't get Fabio's clothes either, but I appreciate the creativity. I was surprised that Dimitri didn't get called out on the white dress, that it was so much like the black one he did for a challenge. But, I did love the white dress and would totally wear it! The judges just usually make that sort of comment. I thought is was a mistake for Melissa to do two shorts outfits. One pair was way too short! Loved the leather jacket, though - would wear that too! I thought Chris' was too blah for him. I have a feeling that the rest of his collection will be more true to his style, and that's why they kept him.

The only collection of the four that I love is Dmitry's.

He should feel great about Tim's critique.
That man has taste, style, and sophistication; most importantly he acknowledges/appreciates it in others.
The judges seem part of a different universe, IMO.

Agree, but what universe? :lol:

my little pony
10-12-2012, 04:13 PM
i could have easily booted fabio. maybe it is creative but it looks really cheap like a theme collection from chico's.

cruisin
10-12-2012, 05:10 PM
i could have easily booted fabio. maybe it is creative but it looks really cheap like a theme collection from chico's.

It odes have a Chico's vibe! You nailed it!

Rogue
10-12-2012, 05:31 PM
I think the only reason they didn't boot Fabio was because his was the only collection (at least what they saw) with any color in it and they wanted some diversity on the final show. But since they couldn't boot him, they had to let everyone stay.

dbell1
10-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Plans were probably to get rid of Melissa or Fabio, but Christopher the chosen one showed 2 skank shorts outfits and the judges were stuck. Can't auf the golden boy and keep "Ropes" when Heidi loved his stuff.

Seriously - X-RAYS? Couldn't he find another way to honor his mom? Or were her bloodwork results still at the lab? :P

Fabio's stuff was total mid 80's Miami Vice bo ho wear.

Loved Snape's dress, hated the mesh top.

Melissa's wigs were total :rofl: but I liked pieces of her collection.

skatesindreams
10-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Judging by what we saw when Tim was with him, I can't wait to see Dmitry's complete collection.
It's a shame that he had to choose his three looks according to what could be fitted on the models, in a rush.

Fabio's collection looked like a throwback to a Hippie's "bad trip".
A "cosmic nightmare", IMO.
I've never seen what the judges are so excited about.
His construction skills are lacking.

Bostonfan
10-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Fabio's collection screamed Miami Vice to me. The neck pieces and purses looked like craft projects. I'm completely baffled by the praise.

TheGirlCanSkate
10-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Fabio - all he needs are rings of fabric and a switch from silk to knits to bring back Units/Multiples and Au Coton.

http://prettything.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/aucoton2.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-v2eazs-l2Rw/T5YDaLjzrVI/AAAAAAAACQM/n3Dkr0jYFPg/s1600/multiples-sandra-garratt.jpg

The fabric can be a belt, headband, top or miniskirt...

skatesindreams
10-12-2012, 08:59 PM
He doesn't know that's it's all been done before, I guess.

cruisin
10-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Fabio's collection screamed Miami Vice to me. The neck pieces and purses looked like craft projects. I'm completely baffled by the praise.

:lol:The necklaces reminded me of those plastic needle point kits!