PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

skatesindreams
09-29-2012, 07:35 PM
I question Heidi's "taste level", often.

Sometimes, I wonder what the judges are seeing on the runway.
Does a garment only need to look good for 30 seconds?

Nomad
09-29-2012, 07:45 PM
And you should. Heidi's personal taste is pretty bad. Just look at what she wears every week - most of her outfits are Nina's definition of "cheap": short, tight, shiny. And I'm with Nina on that one. While I think it's great that Heidi's had four kids and is in her 40s but still has a slammin' bod, she needs to quit trying to compete with 25-year-olds. There are sexy outfits for women her age. Hire a friggin' stylist who can find them for you, Tante Heidi.

Nomad
09-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Dimitri was awesome last night. :swoon:

I love Comrade Snape. I want him to be my next husband. And even though I hated Elena's attitude and her work most of this season, I was on her side this week. The real-life doll twist was stupid and manipulative and unnecessary. I laughed out loud when Elena introduced her "baby" with "Her name is A$$hole. Here she is." I probably would have done the same under the circumstances. Although I knew she was doomed the minute she said she had to create something "fun and playful" for a baby. Not her thing at all.

duane
09-29-2012, 08:18 PM
This was one of the best runway shows. The kids were SO cute. The child Sonjie had was SOOO adorable! That kid stole the show on the runway.

PDilemma
09-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Sometimes, I wonder what the judges are seeing on the runway.
Does a garment only need to look good for 30 seconds?

I think they have photos to refer back to later in the judging. Sometimes you can see them when they are having their little on camera judging discussion. And the "chatting with the designers" with the models on the runway goes on for much longer than is shown, so they have another opportunity to see the designs then.

Nomad
09-29-2012, 09:08 PM
From Laura Bennett's PR blog:

You have to remember that what Heidi refers to as “this week's challenge” is really “this day's challenge.” The shooting schedule for the show doesn’t allow days off in between the challenges. The designers are woken early in the morning, sometimes as early as 4:00 am. If you pay close attention to the morning scenes you will notice that it’s still dark outside. They are taken to Parsons or some other location to be given the details of their next challenge. They shop at Mood then begin sewing sometime in the afternoon. If it is a one-day challenge, they stop sewing at midnight, do interviews (the clips you see throughout the show) then get to bed at about 2:00am. The next morning they usually have two hours to finish, fit, and send their models to the L’Oreal hair and makeup room. The actual runway segment of the show starts filming at about noon and lasts to 8:00 pm. It’s long, hot (no air conditioning that would interfere with the sound) and emotionally draining because you never know if you are the one on the chopping block. When the segment is finished being filmed, the designers change their clothes, and meet Heidi back on the runway to get the wacky hint about the next challenge. Then the entire process starts over. No breaks. No down time. No time to recover. It’s hard.

PDilemma
09-29-2012, 09:18 PM
And you should. Heidi's personal taste is pretty bad. Just look at what she wears every week - most of her outfits are Nina's definition of "cheap": short, tight, shiny. And I'm with Nina on that one. While I think it's great that Heidi's had four kids and is in her 40s but still has a slammin' bod, she needs to quit trying to compete with 25-year-olds. There are sexy outfits for women her age. Hire a friggin' stylist who can find them for you, Tante Heidi.

Heidi turned 39 in June. Not quite in her 40s yet.

If she is happy with what she wears, more power to her. She did make one comment this season about it that indicated that she knows her style is not for everyone (describing her dress as a "pink disco ball"). I don't think women should be given arbitrary style rules based on their age. For example, I know plenty of 20 year olds who should be saying no to the skinny jeans and a few 40 year olds who can rock them.

cruisin
09-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Heidi turned 39 in June. Not quite in her 40s yet.

If she is happy with what she wears, more power to her. She did make one comment this season about it that indicated that she knows her style is not for everyone (describing her dress as a "pink disco ball"). I don't think women should be given arbitrary style rules based on their age. For example, I know plenty of 20 year olds who should be saying no to the skinny jeans and a few 40 year olds who can rock them.

True, I'm 59 and look better in skinny jeans the in other styles. My hips are so narrow and my butt so flat, that other styles make my hips look even smaller. That said, I still think Heidi could go a bit more elegant.

Fergus
09-30-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm just watching it now.

:wideeyes:

Wow, Christopher is a :saint: b/c that woman and I would have had to step outside for a minute.

Only 1/2 way thru now...... :watch:

Allen
09-30-2012, 12:57 AM
Wow, Christopher is a :saint: b/c that woman and I would have had to step outside for a minute.

Right? I probably would have went to jail in that situation!

Fergus
09-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Melissa :huh: What's the deal? In the words of the great Latrice Royale: "Good God, get a grip, girl".

Dmitry, Christopher, & Fabio need their own show.

Nomad
09-30-2012, 04:05 PM
The only thing that saved Melissa was that Elena quit being a raging psycho-bitch, so the producers had no further use for her.

Matryeshka
10-05-2012, 03:48 AM
I really wish I could have seen Elena do this challenge, but Melissa totally justified being kept by her outfit tonight. I thought it was dreadful until I saw it all together on the runway and then I thought it was fabulous. Actually, I thought most of them were much better than I expected them to be.

I kind of agree with Sonji leaving--she was my pick for the final three on the first episode, but it does feel like the light has gone out of her for most of the past few challenges. And her dress was the only one I didn't like or find something redeeming in. All I could think was, trailer trash mermaid.

Really impressed with Zoe Soldana. And for the first time in at least three seasons, I've agreed with Ninagahcia and Michael Disco Ball Kors over Heidi. I have no idea what she was watching like Sonjie's outfit. :yikes:

PRlady
10-05-2012, 03:54 AM
Zoe was one tough critic. :eek:

It was clear to me that Christopher and Dmitri are the stars of this season. I don't get Fabio, never have, and Melissa is hit or miss. (And I hated tonight's avant-garde look although to be fair those colors were pretty awful to work with.)

Last time L'Oreal introduced a new line this way I actually bought some. :shuffle:

all_empty
10-05-2012, 08:54 AM
My god there were some ugly dresses tonight. I wish they made it a straight couture challenge -- remember all the stunning dresses from Jeffrey and Laura's season?

Dimitry had far and away the best look. Definitely could've done without the vampire choker collar though. Glad they brought up his candy dress.

I agreed with Heidi on Melissa's dress and Michael and Nina on Sonjia's. U-G-L-Y.

Melissa recycled her high collar yet again and the print on the skirt was so cheap looking. Didn't love the blue leather vest either. Frankly, her whole only black vibe doesn't impress me ... Mila did it so much better.

I like Sonjia but that dress did look like a bad skating costume. Way too much illusion fabric that bunched even on her super skinny model. Wish she had the gold lame, but I still think she would've been aufed.

My dream three would've been Chris, Dmitry and Elena.