PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

skatesindreams
09-22-2012, 07:24 PM
I really don't like the "mocking" tone of many of the critiques by Heidi - and others.
Criticism can be given in a respectful way, even if you don't like someone, or their work.

It's a real "turn-off", IMO.

PRlady
09-22-2012, 09:52 PM
I really don't like the "mocking" tone of many of the critiques by Heidi - and others.
Criticism can be given in a respectful way, even if you don't like someone, or their work.

It's a real "turn-off", IMO.

But it's the reason people watch reality programs. I was :eek: to discover from the promos that that bat out of hell, the Dance Mom dance coach, has yet another show? She's totally evil.

You're a nice person. You would make for boring TV. ;)

cruisin
09-22-2012, 10:24 PM
But it's the reason people watch reality programs. I was :eek: to discover from the promos that that bat out of hell, the Dance Mom dance coach, has yet another show? She's totally evil.

You're a nice person. You would make for boring TV. ;)

I wouldn't make it either. I couldn't take the :drama:! But, I would style the hell out of my models. And I can sew!

my little pony
09-22-2012, 11:52 PM
have the judges told melissa to stop making everything with that one neckline yet? ven wasnt the only one way monkey in the cast.

viennese
09-23-2012, 12:11 AM
and elena is a little mentally unhinged which is what you need to overstay your welcome.

On the bright side:

Another week, another chance for the hot L'Oreal makeup daddy to deal with Elena's stress induced skin breakout.

Rob
09-23-2012, 12:19 AM
And Chris shredded for at least 3 challenges until they tOld him to stop.

emason
09-23-2012, 01:32 AM

Not next to the moms she's not;she gets all my sympathy for what she has to put up with from those psycho bitches.

TheGirlCanSkate
09-23-2012, 03:50 AM
Abby made those moms. She thrives on discord.

danceronice
09-23-2012, 04:37 AM
Eh. I don't have a problem with teachers who take the harsh route. But the Moms on DanceMoms flip out over the STUPIDEST things. I think some of them ought to consider hormone therapy if they're not faking those mood swings for TV. (Of course, they all may just be cracking under the pressure of what I"m SURE is often producer-created drama.)

I think the problem with some of PR's criticism is the "regular" judges have gotten a bit...well, they have their schtick, and they know what it is (Nina's mean, Michael Kors makes outrageous similies, Heidi does backhanded compliments, etc.) and they play it up, even when it isn't really warranted by what's on the runway. They've gone from the occasional sincere OTT reaction to feeling they have to do it every time.

millyskate
09-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Dmitri has got to be one of the wittiest reality tv contestants ever. He's funny without being nasty, and he's honest with the other contestants. He doesn't need to be manipulative because he's smart. He makes the show for me this season!

Nomad
09-23-2012, 03:16 PM
I think the problem with some of PR's criticism is the "regular" judges have gotten a bit...well, they have their schtick, and they know what it is (Nina's mean, Michael Kors makes outrageous similies, Heidi does backhanded compliments, etc.) and they play it up, even when it isn't really warranted by what's on the runway. They've gone from the occasional sincere OTT reaction to feeling they have to do it every time.

I wish Michael Kors would stop trying to be witty. Because he isn't. He defaults to the same stock phrases over and over - disco-ball soccer mom stripper mother of the bride 85-year-old-woman every friggin' week.

skatesindreams
09-23-2012, 03:23 PM
PRlady, I was raised to be tough, but fair.

I watch PR to see if the designers/designs are any good because it's been a lifelong interest.
My mother was in the industry.

I wish for less "drama"; particularly the sort manipulated by the producers.
Trying to design/produce/sell clothes is stressful enough without it.
The business isn't easy.

aftershocks
09-24-2012, 04:03 AM
Dmitri has got to be one of the wittiest reality tv contestants ever. He's funny without being nasty, and he's honest with the other contestants. He doesn't need to be manipulative because he's smart. He makes the show for me this season!

:respec:

I'd love to see Dimitri dance, or better yet take a spin with him myself on the dance floor, wearing one of his designs! :GnP1: :)

skatesindreams
09-24-2012, 02:13 PM
I'd like to see Dmitry dance, as well.
I'm sure he'd be worth watching.

cruisin
09-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Maybe he can dance with Heidi. Now that she's a Rockette :rofl:.