PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

PRlady
09-21-2012, 08:27 PM
and elena is a little mentally unhinged which is what you need to overstay your welcome. she's not even nutty in an interesting way.

Actually I like her. She helps me imagine what Tinami was like at that age.

skatesindreams
09-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Ven has a signature which means that his future lines will be distinctive and recognizable. He isn't versatile, but he doesn't need to make costumes and plus sized clothes if his line sells well.

Chris and Dmitry are far more versatile, which is what you need to win Project Runway.

True. on all counts.
I expect that Ven will find his place in the industry.

my little pony
09-21-2012, 08:46 PM

i like to think that tinami would crush all competition

cruisin
09-21-2012, 10:13 PM
I immediately thought this as well.

Bye bye dough boy! I actually didn't think Ven was the worst of the night, but all that matters is he's gone.

I think skating people are more sensitive to how outfits will appear from a distance. And how lighting (and the ice) can suck the color out of everything.

I like her too. But, I have from the beginning. I think she's talented. A bit crazy, but (we :lol:) artists can be crazy. I thought she got a bit over the top, but thought that she seemed to be stressing. That she was actually a nicer person than was coming across. I genuinely think she was crying for Ven last night, not just relief that she made it.

skatesindreams
09-21-2012, 10:35 PM
I genuinely think she was crying for Ven last night, not just relief that she made it.

I do, too.
She said that learning about Ven's background - much younger male in a household of women - made her understand him more.

Jenya
09-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Loved Dmitry's, I totally would have worn it as a skating costume. :lol: Christopher's was nice, but could the detail of the skyline really be seen from a distance on the stage?

Next week's challenge looks like a nightmare. :scream:

TheGirlCanSkate
09-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Next week - ugh! at least use 3/4 year olds. They have some shape.

Cyn
09-22-2012, 12:36 PM
I've only been watching PR half-hazardly this season, and after the "Real Woman" challenge, I don't think I've ever been as disgusted with a competitor as I was with Ven (with Jeffrey the Tattooed Giraffe making Angela's mother cry running a tight second, and I nearly tore my hair out with that asshole won the season).

Since the beginning, I've been on Team Snape -- the fact that he's a former ballroom dancer was an added plus.

So long Origami Rose, your shitty attitude won't be missed one bit.

cruisin
09-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Next week will be painful to watch if they really have those fake babies crying and disrupting the workroom. Sometimes I really wonder what the heck they are thinking.

my little pony
09-22-2012, 02:51 PM
angela's mother was a horrible person who i think was trying to sabotage the competition

PDilemma
09-22-2012, 02:53 PM
angela's mother was a horrible person who i think was trying to sabotage the competition

Yep. She and Angela were playing passive-aggressive games with Jeffrey. Whereas, Ven's "client" did no such thing.

Sparks
09-22-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm holding out hope that the designers have to care for the babies while designing for a mother...

cruisin
09-22-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm holding out hope that the designers have to care for the babies while designing for a mother...

I'm still thinking this will be one of the "twist" challenges and that they will have to design for the baby, then Tim will come in and tell them they have to design a co-ordinating look for the Mom.

Nomad
09-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Next week will be painful to watch if they really have those fake babies crying and disrupting the workroom. Sometimes I really wonder what the heck they are thinking.

A. Promote Heidi's line of children's clothes
B. Torment the contestants

Die Kluminator's sense of humor has a hefty dose of Schadenfreude tinged with sadism. I've seen it over and over on past seasons of Germany's Next Top Model, where it's more overt than it is on PR.

As for this week's ep, I actually liked where Fabio was going with his design before Tim's critique - the zigzag diagonal stripes on mesh. And I still might have liked his final product had he not added that hideous, opaque, gray, turtle-necked yoke. That really killed what could have been a kind of fun, Xena, Warrior Chorine look.

Elena. Oy. For a girl who professes to hate glitter, she went seriously overboard with the shine and sparkle and bling. There was nothing good about that dress. It didn't even fit the model.

Melissa and Sonjia...sigh. Melissa's recycled crumb-catcher neckline was wrong for a dance costume, and Sonjia just made a bad cocktail dress.

Comrade Snape. My personal favorite. I think he made the best dance costume. Unfortunately, it wasn't right for the Rockettes. I don't think he got that the Rockettes look is G-rated retro-glam with an element of kitsch.

Christopher, on the other hand, totally got that. I liked his idea; it was a clear winner on the dress form. He should have stuck with his original idea for the skirt, but lengthened it, and gone with a black or blue mesh in the bodice to make the NYC skyline really stand out. I can see why he won, though.

Ven...yawn. Take away the florigami and he has no ideas beyond "simple, clean, polished" or whatever his mantra is. Another one who didn't seem to get what the Rockettes look is. There was nothing fun or theatrical or even interesting about that "costume". Yes, Elena's was hideous and garish and badly made, and I hate everything she makes, but she at least tried for theatrical details that could be seen from the cheap seats. Ven did not; it seemed as if he was hoping his fabric choice alone would carry him through.

aftershocks
09-22-2012, 07:12 PM
^^ Great critique on all counts, Nomad! You express so well re Dimitri's, Fabio's, and Chris' designs (strengths, weaknesses, and how they could have improved them to more fully meet requirements of the challenge). Thank you! -- likely the Rockettes will slightly adapt Chris' offering, perhaps similar to what you suggest.

Heidi "Die Kluminator"! :lol: :respec: