PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

cruisin
09-02-2012, 08:09 PM
I like Seth Aaron's dress!

Lucy25
09-02-2012, 09:33 PM
So sad about Laura! I just came from the Lifetime site and was wondering why her blog hasn't been updated in a couple of weeks. So many young children :(

Just read that her husband was 67!

Rob
09-03-2012, 03:50 AM
Korto's dress in the L&T line: http://www.lordandtaylor.com/eng/CMS/projectrunway.cfm?utm_source=Mediamind&utm_medium=Display&utm_campaign=Capsule&tag=dis

Dmitry's dress in the challenge: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-10/rate-the-runway/episode-7#id=3

Same fabric, same shape. I'm not sure Dmitry was robbed so much as L&T probably said, "nope, we already have that".

Good point. We didn't really get to see all the dresses. He did.

danceronice
09-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Oh no Laura! She's one of my favorites (designer and blogger.)

skatesindreams
09-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Oh no Laura! She's one of my favorites (designer and blogger.)

For me as well.

She's one of the few contestants they ever had who understood what couture was; and had the skills to achieve it.
Her commentary is insightful, also.

aftershocks
09-04-2012, 04:06 AM
^ The producers are keeping Elena in for a. the DRAMA she delivers and b. the fug she sends down the runway every week. :rolleyes: Alicia will probably get auf'ed next week. "We didn't see you in that design" or something like that.

The PR website consistently seems to indicate that Elena is the top "fan favorite." This has always rendered me :confused: The votes must all be from her family and friends. Why doesn't Dimitry at least have more "favorite" votes from fans, especially since he gets no great love from judges??? Maybe because he seems to have a calm, well-adjusted personality? Or maybe because he looks so much like Snape? :P

I agree with the poster who said that Alicia should have been auf'ed weeks ago. She's clearly been just scraping along. Whatever she is very good at as a designer (if anything) is not really showing in this competition.

Aceon6
09-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Alicia reminds me of one of the early season contestants who did mostly menswear. He admitted afterward that he did PR as a crash course to increase his chances of finding employment.

PRlady
09-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm with those who think Dmitry was robbed. His was to me by FAR the best. Would have bOught it myself.

Christopher's was ugh. And Elena's looked like a mess to me.

I caught up with the last two episodes last night. Dmitri was totally robbed, I picked his as the winner. Chris' was OK in terms of blending with the collection, it could have been worse.

But Elena's was godawful (and her artistic-diva-despair made me laugh.)

In other news, I don't think we'll be seeing Joanna Coles again on PR: http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/04/new-editor-at-cosmopolitan-joanna-coles-replaces-kate-white/?hp.

Rob
09-04-2012, 07:18 PM
I think if Dmitry had done his in bronze or a very dark, maybe a little iridescent green, or even a red, he would have won. I think the color/style was just too close to what they already had.

On another note, the dress Heidi wore for the runway judging, whose was that? On my iPad, it looked cheap and tacky.

my little pony
09-04-2012, 07:19 PM
rob i think you're right about winning. but he could have still finished in the top considering what poorly wrought mayhem finished ahead of him.

Rob
09-04-2012, 07:27 PM
rob i think you're right about winning. but he could have still finished in the top considering what poorly wrought mayhem finished ahead of him.

totally. I watched it again with friends and it was equally :huh: the second time around.

FiveRinger
09-04-2012, 07:43 PM
I think if Dmitry had done his in bronze or a very dark, maybe a little iridescent green, or even a red, he would have won. I think the color/style was just too close to what they already had.

I agree....but these might not have been available to them since the fabric was provided.

I'm so sorry to hear about Laura's husband. My prayers go out to the family and her.

Fergus
09-07-2012, 02:39 AM
*BUMP*!!!

Ok, Elena is making fun of Dmitri's accent? :huh:

Crazy-assed nutter. :rolleyes:

rfisher
09-07-2012, 02:54 AM
I couldn't wear it, but I love Ven, Fabio and Melissa's collection. The jacket is really cute.

ETA: well it didn't look so good afterall. The shirt was awful.

Matry, the networks did that ready to wear show last season where the designs were bid on by Macy's, Saks and H/T. The designers also had a team of semstresses to help with the sewing. They focused on the design rather than the construction. After all, Ralph Lauren doesn't sew. That's what he has all those Indian and Chinese kids for afterall.

my little pony
09-07-2012, 03:09 AM
since it isnt the winner and no one wants snape's dress, i will be generous and take it