PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

lmarie086
07-20-2012, 04:28 AM
Whatttt I didn't know it was starting up again! Yes!

That's funny, cause I actually just started watching season 2 on dvd again the other day, and totally converted my mom into a fan. Now I can convince her that we should buy more seasons, and then watch together for bonding time. Win-win!

all_empty
07-20-2012, 07:01 AM
Gunnar is already grating on me. He's like all the bitchy contestants from previous seasons rolled up into one. Talk about "death rage."

Chris or whatever his name was won on the strength of his pre-made dress. It was stunning, but the LBD was unremarkable.

I think Ven should've won. His pink mini was well sewn and connected with that amazing bustier, though I could've dome without the pleats in the pants.

Kooan is just kooky.

I think two female contestants will quit, perhaps Elena, Sonjia (sp?) or the professor.

rfisher
07-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Auditions made them look like a talented group. In the workroom, not so much.

this. Apart from Ven, most of that stuff was poorly made, ill fitting and weird. When you make size 0 models look fat, you've done a really bad job. He understands fabric and clearly made the first dress based on the 2nd. I'm not so certain Chris actually made the dress that won.

my little pony
07-20-2012, 12:56 PM
ita. chris's black dress was unremarkable at best, i dont think it fit her right and there was a poorly placed addl bump of fabric on one hip.

his winning dress didnt have such a great bodice. it was ok on the model but i dont think it was all that flattering on that part of her body either.

Fergus
07-20-2012, 01:50 PM
his winning dress didnt have such a great bodice. it was ok on the model but i dont think it was all that flattering on that part of her body either.

The bodice reminded me of the wicketty-whack Nikki Hilton dress that Marla tossed together a billion seasons ago. :yikes:

But the bottom was rather lovely. :)

I like old Judy Collins lady! :cheer2: I hope she isn't the one to ditch it......

Aceon6
07-20-2012, 01:52 PM
The problem with black is that the TV audience can't see any details, even in hi-def. I remember wondering what Christian Siriano's Fashion Week stuff really looked like. It wasn't until I looked at the Getty stills that I got an idea of what was going on. I'll defer judgement on Chris's stuff until I look at the images. Beatrice wasn't a good fit for the comp, so it's not a surprise she's the first auf.

Sparks
07-20-2012, 02:44 PM
I wanted the snakeskin lady to be auffed.

skatesindreams
07-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Many of the designers seem weird, rather than talented; wanting to show how "cutting edge" they are
If you're going to be avant-garde, fine.

However, your ideas need to have some degree of wearability.
All the creativity in the world doesn't matter, if no one wants to buy what you make.

Reuven
07-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Gunnar is already grating on me. He's like all the bitchy contestants from previous seasons rolled up into one. Talk about "death rage."
He's this season's Josh. :rolleyes:

susan6
07-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Many of the designers seem weird, rather than talented; wanting to show how "cutting edge" they are
If you're going to be avant-garde, fine.

However, your ideas need to have some degree of wearability.
All the creativity in the world doesn't matter, if no one wants to buy what you make.

This season has contestants that clearly define the two ends of that spectrum. Dev pretty much said "doesn't matter how creative you are if it won't sell". The Japanese guy on the other hand (props to Tom and Lorenzo for coining the nickname "Frokimon").....I suspect he's deliberately trying to be completely wackadoo. No one's wearing that except for the fring-est of Harajuku or Manga types.

I'm liking the two former soviet union contestants, who I will refer to as Lady Gaga's dressmaker and Professor Snape.

falling_dance
07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
I wanted the snakeskin lady to be auffed.

You are not alone.

I liked the "sad" gaucho cape and knitwear. The second look appeared the sort of thing that the beloved Olivier (season 9) was given props for.

jamesy
07-20-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm liking the two former soviet union contestants, who I will refer to as Lady Gaga's dressmaker and Professor Snape.
:rofl::rofl:

PDilemma
07-20-2012, 07:27 PM
You are not alone.

I liked the "sad" gaucho cape and knitwear. The second look appeared the short of thing that Bradley (season 3) and my beloved Olivier (season 9) were given props for.

I kind of liked the dress under the cape. I would wear it when my husband drags me out to something like a car show followed by dinner at a nicer restaurant (my reward for tolerating car shows). But the trouble with it was that I can buy it at Target. Not going to cut it for a design competition. I think she could easily find a niche designing for department stores though.

Skakeskin woman has to go. I agreed with Nina's "horrified".

falling_dance
07-20-2012, 07:29 PM
I think Beatrice deserved another chance.

Impromptu
07-20-2012, 08:50 PM
He's this season's Josh. :rolleyes:

Well, he definitely wants to be.