PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

my little pony
08-31-2012, 03:32 AM
i was watching something else, who won and who was auffed?

falling_dance
08-31-2012, 03:32 AM
Christopher won; no one was auffed.

My gut reaction was ":cheer:", I must admit. I wish Dmitry had been in the top four, however.

danceronice
08-31-2012, 03:33 AM
i was watching something else, who won and who was auffed?

Christopher won, and Gunnar was...not auf'ed. They kept everyone.

I did not get Elena's. It just looked rumpled and the back seemed unfinished--not with the gaps, but the way the fabric was finished.

dbell1
08-31-2012, 03:36 AM
Really? Melissa's side peep show dress was in the top? Elena's 'dress' looked like a garbage bag wrapped in pleather and was in the top? Snape goes into the back as safe? I call producer shenanigans!

And how the hell does Christoper win with that crappy feathered mess that tossed a skinny model's boobs down to her waist? Ugh. :scream:

I am happy with Ven getting tossed into the back with what used to drive the judges into spasms. Have the feeling that with the way he treated last week's 'plus' sized real woman that no female over skeleton size would wear his 'twist by a rose' tired design.

manleywoman
08-31-2012, 04:51 AM
I'm with those who think Dmitry was robbed. His was to me by FAR the best. Would have bOught it myself.

Christopher's was ugh. And Elena's looked like a mess to me.

all_empty
08-31-2012, 06:42 AM
I think Dmitry's dress was beautiful but something about the fabric translated as inexpensive to me. I'll have to look again. He definitely should've been in the top four though.

I can't believe Christopher won. You have to be a pencil to wear that, and it doesn't look mass producible.

Melissa's fascination with high necks bothers me. There was no way that much side boob would be on the racks.

I'm bummed I won't be seeing and reviewing the show this year as I've done in years past for you all.

Aceon6
08-31-2012, 01:44 PM
All the dresses are up on the L&T site. They changed Christopher's to be a deeper blush color on top and I think it's very pretty. I ordered Korto's. See the WTW thread.

Sparks
08-31-2012, 04:12 PM
I was surprised that Heidi didn't make a comment about the boobs in Christopher's dress. Girl needed a bra!

Ageless
08-31-2012, 04:34 PM
Another one here who thinks that Dmitry was robbed. I thought that dress was totally consistent with the other 9 L&T dresses.

I'm at a loss as to why either Elena's or Melissa's dresses were in the top. While Melissa's was more consistent with the challenge, the execution was hideous, and I can't imagine anyone wanting to wear it. I'm really surprised she wasn't called out on it considering how the judges have done that in the past. Elena's didn't fit the challenge and besides that was just ugly.

I'm not surprised that Christopher's dress won. I thought the top three would be Christopher, Fabio and Dmitry. Well, two out of three isn't too bad I guess.

I wonder if Dmitry is going to be one of those designers who doesn't really break out of the pack until later in the season, like Leann in Season 5.

Fergus
08-31-2012, 04:56 PM
"i dont get it, i dont wanna get it, i dont like her"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I couldn't agree more. She is just ridiculous, IMHO, with her "I only make high-quality, upscale stuff blah blah blah"...... :rolleyes:

.....that fit like a friggin' football uniform. For all her b/s about her ground-breaking silhouettes, all I see are walking refrigerators in maternity clothes. :blah:

Melissa is soooo talented, but that outfit was hideous. It looked like a "Hunger Games" cocktail waitress.

Christopher's was gorgeous, imho.......but it was already tired 80 years ago when Mainbocher/Schiaparelli/Vionnet/et al did it, too.......

Fabio is looking like a dark horse! :watch:

Jasmar
08-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Another one here who thinks that Dmitry was robbed. I thought that dress was totally consistent with the other 9 L&T dresses.

I'm at a loss as to why either Elena's or Melissa's dresses were in the top…

I'm not surprised that Christopher's dress won. I thought the top three would be Christopher, Fabio and Dmitry. Well, two out of three isn't too bad I guess.

I.T.A.

Judges, Frankly, I'm getting bored by your weekly refusal to recognize and give credit - award a deserved win - to the most consistently interesting designer there. When you do the same thing every week, well… I've seen it; it's time to move on.

And Melissa and Eliana's dresses in the top, as well as Sanjia's faux-80s monstrosity being safe over Gunnar's somewhat dull but perfectly nice cocktail dress, has convinced me for all time that while the judges may not see specific footage of the workroom, they are absolutely being primed by production staff. :rolleyes:

Kind of ironic - Fabio, Christopher, and Dimitry are the only three I have any interest in seeing collections from.

skatesindreams
08-31-2012, 05:25 PM

I'm at a loss as to why either Elena's or Melissa's dresses were in the top. While Melissa's was more consistent with the challenge, the execution was hideous, and I can't imagine anyone wanting to wear it. I'm really surprised she wasn't called out on it considering how the judges have done that in the past. Elena's didn't fit the challenge and besides that was just ugly.

ITA!
Sometimes I wonder what the judges are seeing: not the same thing I do.

susan6
08-31-2012, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I'm annoyed at Comrade Snape consistently getting ignored. His dress was awesome. The only reason I can possibly think of for him winding up in the middle is that perhaps his dress was too similar to Korto's (the grey one in the collection they were shown).

At this point, maybe he needs to forgo the "elegant, tasteful, well-made" theme and bust out the Belorussian Ballroom fashion in order to get noticed. Fire up the bedazzler and go crazy with the sequins and fringe. Heidi will probably approve; she freely admitted to wearing a pink disco ball last night.

Poor Snape has to put up with being in a team with Elena next week. She's earned another excellent nickname courtesy of Tom and Lorenzo: "Insane in the Ukraine".

danceronice
08-31-2012, 08:22 PM
I thought Dmitri's looked better finished than when he was showing it to Tim, but I don't think it's as generally wearable (by a variety of customer body types) as some of the others. I liked Christopher's and figured he'd win as he put the most thought into "What is this collection missing?" (hint: not another cocktail dress, let alone a black one) and while his design's safe in the extreme, he also thought about how to explain the feathering as part of an affordable-to-produce dress, and it IS safe. It's wearable and the way the skirt flows it's a little more forgiving than some of the others. L&T will sell that dress and know it. (Which is a vast improvement over that "sellable" challenge Wretchen won...)

"A cocktail waitress from The Hunger Games", *snort*, that's a good word for it. My bottom three would have been Elena, Melissa, and Smurf-Hair, and I probably would have suggested sending Elena home. Melissa's is unwearable by anyone not model-sized and it's not easy to make for ANYONE, Smurf-Girl's is equally unwearable by anyone whose stomach isn't concave (bad for a dress that has to be sold to non-models) but at least she didn't do a garbage-bag cutout that makes a 5'10 100lbs-soaking-wet girl look eight months pregnant.

And that would spare us the Russian soap opera next week. And probably a few gray hairs for Dimitri.

my little pony
08-31-2012, 08:29 PM
is christopher's more wearable with the big hole in the back?