PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

PRlady
08-17-2012, 05:33 PM
I keep thinking about a dress code at a former employer "Shoulders must be covered. If the clothing requires special undergarments, it is not suitable for work."

Does Spanx count? :P

Aceon6
08-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Does Spanx count? :P

Pre-Spanx policy. I'm sure they've re-written it by now. The impetus was a gal who showed up in a strapless mini tube dress. Yes, she had special underwear on, but there was nothing she could do to prevent the top from creeping down and the bottom from riding up. I guess it would have helped if she had purchased her size rather than two sizes smaller :eek:

Rob
08-17-2012, 05:56 PM
I think that was deliberate. It gave the skirt texture.
Except there were threads bunching up and sticking to the models hands when she walked. Would be incredibly annoying with office furniture.

cruisin
08-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Except there were threads bunching up and sticking to the models hands when she walked. Would be incredibly annoying with office furniture.

That, I did not notice. I didn't love the skirt, just thought the fraying was a design element. I don't think the skirt was office appropriate, anyway.

skatesindreams
08-17-2012, 06:14 PM
^^^
The design idea was great.
However, using that fraying silk made it impossible to execute it well.
If the judges had had a close-up view, they wouldn't have liked it nearly as much.

cruisin
08-17-2012, 06:16 PM
^^^
The design idea was great.
However, using that fraying silk made it impossible to execute it well.
If the judges had had a close-up view, they wouldn't have liked it nearly as much.

Yes, there are ways to stop fraying beyond the point where you want it to. But, in one day challenges, I doubt he had what he needed for that.

Rob
08-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Yes, there are ways to stop fraying beyond the point where you want it to. But, in one day challenges, I doubt he had what he needed for that.

He would need outsourcing for that!

cruisin
08-17-2012, 07:56 PM
He would need outsourcing for that!

:lol:

Nomad
08-18-2012, 04:45 AM
I liked how Comrade Snape called Ven a "one-way monkey". I wish Frokemon hadn't quit - Raul wasn't worth bringing back.

shan
08-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Raul and Elena must have been :yikes: to work with. I don't think I remember a departing designer leave while saying "I hate you" to another. It was kind of strange....

I love PR, but I hate it when I feel like I'm on a different planet than the judges. I was all :huh: when they raved about Fabio's dress. That and the print the team used were awful IMO. I found team 5 ultra boring.

I noticed that we got to hear more from invisible Nathan. I wonder if that means he'll be going soon. I need to go back and look at his designs from previous weeks. I can't remember them, heck I can't even remember what he made this week.

Nomad
08-18-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that Nathan is runway chaff. Ditto Alicia and Fabio. And probably Comrade Snape as well, although I think he's better than he's being given credit for. His only missteps this week were the industrial zipper and the back cut-outs in an otherwise good design. It was far more work-appropriate than Melissa's dress.

skatesindreams
08-18-2012, 05:49 PM
That's what I didn't like about Melissa's dress.
Nothing "work-appropriate" about it!

Nomad
08-18-2012, 05:55 PM
^ Not at all. And I used to work for a clothing manufacturer with a *very* loose dress code. Melissa's dress would have raised eyebrows even among the fashionistas and wannabe trendsetters had someone shown up at the office wearing it.

shan
08-18-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that Nathan is runway chaff. Ditto Alicia and Fabio. And probably Comrade Snape as well, although I think he's better than he's being given credit for. His only missteps this week were the industrial zipper and the back cut-outs in an otherwise good design. It was far more work-appropriate than Melissa's dress.

I love Comrade Snapes!! I hope he can go far. His comment about Ven being a "one-way monkey" was :rofl:

danceronice
08-24-2012, 02:08 AM
We are five-minutes in and the designers are already making snide remarks to HEIDI in front of their "normal-people" clients (or rather the people who are playing Clinton and Stacy to their clients.) I swear, Heidi went into don't-make-me-come-down-there Mom Mode for minute. Oh, this is gonna be a train wreck of a normal-person challenge.