PDA

View Full Version : Diving

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

kwanfan1818
07-30-2012, 02:20 AM
I watched the tape from overnight, and except for the first dive, they didn't show another of the Cagnotto/Dalappe's dives, even though they were Heymans/Abel's main contender for bronze, and only lost bronze by 2-3 points, but kept showing the Ukrainians and Malaysians, who weren't in contention :mad: The Italians were :glamor:.

I love Abel and am happy for Heymans -- great show of longevity at the top level, plus mastering springboard technique -- but their technique doesn't look all that similar to me. It didn't help that Blythe Hartley kept criticizing the other teams, but gave Heymans/Abel a pass on the same things. I was amused that Hartley praised a dive, and then they showed Heymans' father looking disappointed.

Wu/He -- wheeeeeeee!!!!!! That compulsory dive with the twist: it was like they were dolphins in the air :swoon:.

A.H.Black
07-30-2012, 02:26 AM
I watched the tape from overnight, and except for the first dive, they didn't show another of the Cagnotto/Dalappe's dives, even though they were Heymans/Abel's main contender for bronze, and only lost bronze by 2-3 points, but kept showing the Ukrainians and Malaysians, who weren't in contention :mad: The Italians were :glamor:.

I love Abel and am happy for Heymans -- great show of longevity at the top level, plus mastering springboard technique -- but their technique doesn't look all that similar to me. It didn't help that Blythe Hartley kept criticizing the other teams, but gave Heymans/Abel a pass on the same things. I was amused that Hartley praised a dive, and then they showed Heymans' father looking disappointed.

Wu/He -- wheeeeeeee!!!!!! That compulsory dive with the twist: it was like they were dolphins in the air :swoon:.

You can see everything online.

Lots of complaining about how NBC is showing the scoring in gymnastics. I must say I really like the way they are showing the scoring in diving. It's nice to be able to know which scores are counting.

That would be nice for figure skating too.

AragornElessar
07-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Unless Blythe Hartley's commentating for NBC, she's talking about the CTV coverage. and considering the time difference between London and Vancouver/Seattle...Makes sense to tape things happening live to watch later.

So thrilled for Emilie and Jennifer!!! Way to get the first medal on the second day and take the pressure off the rest of the Team. They've been mentioning how it took the entire first week until that happened in Beijing and the general feel around the Team just to win that first one to get the ball rolling.

So much for that this time around. :D

History looked pretty damn good. Even though they weren't totally in sync, they got it done and Congratulations to our Bronze Medalists!!!

And kwanfan, I wasn't too impressed w/Blythe's babbling either. As you said, it was pretty clear they weren't totally on today, yet the praise kept coming. That's one thing Steve Armetage(sp) would have brought up. Rod Smith's doing a good job, don't get me wrong, but when you're doing an event that's usually been covered by the best Swimming/Diving commentator out there? Ummm...Yeah....

tchaikovsky_177
07-30-2012, 02:13 PM
And kwanfan, I wasn't too impressed w/Blythe's babbling either. As you said, it was pretty clear they weren't totally on today, yet the praise kept coming. That's one thing Steve Armetage(sp) would have brought up. Rod Smith's doing a good job, don't get me wrong, but when you're doing an event that's usually been covered by the best Swimming/Diving commentator out there? Ummm...Yeah....

To be fair to Blythe, I thought she pretty much showered praise on just about every team, so I didn`t feel any strong bias on her part :P

Fergus
07-30-2012, 03:07 PM
The boys hit the diving pool today!!!

Men's 10M Platform Synchro just about to start...... :watch:

Lorac
07-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Go Tom and Peter - great first dive :)

Fergus
07-30-2012, 03:21 PM
I love the "easy" first few dives, :swoon:, it really shows the synchro aspect beautifully...and almost no splashes. :D

And I also love that Daley is 18yo. ;)

The Hairless Boudia and the Furry McCrory = :lol: & :grope:

Mexican boys need to get their eyebrows threaded.....

Fergus
07-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Wowzers, Tom & Peter are doing beautifully so far! (NO jinxies!)

This is turning out to be a high-quality event! :watch:

Lorac
07-30-2012, 03:31 PM
3 dives done and now it gets really tough!!! I'm so nervous for Tom and Peter!!!

Jodi
07-30-2012, 03:34 PM
I love the "easy" first few dives, :swoon:, it really shows the synchro aspect beautifully...and almost no splashes. :D
Yes :) They way they sort of fold and unfold in the pikes is just gorgeous.

How well the Brits have done so far only makes it even more nerve-wracking now!

Loves_Shizuka
07-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Tom Daley actually dives?! Good for him! Good luck lad!

Jodi
07-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Ouch :(

Fergus
07-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Ouch, that was NOT good from the Brits. :yikes: Waterfield made a big splashy. :(

Hindernisse
07-30-2012, 03:43 PM
:(

Fergus
07-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Nice, Mexican boys!!! :cheer2:

AND Cubans!

Vamos Latinoamerica!!!