PDA

View Full Version : Rita Hayworth, Fred Astaire and more

Pages : [1] 2

Ozzisk8tr
07-16-2012, 06:57 AM
Someone sent me this amazing video. Incredible editing to get so many of the dance moves to the music. For those that know me, no this one is actually real. Truly. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=mz3CPzdCDws

l'etoile
07-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Wow, just speechless! Whoever edited this is a genius!

berthesghost
07-16-2012, 01:11 PM
That was fun!

KatieC
07-16-2012, 01:14 PM
That's impressive! Does anybody know who was dancing while Frank Sinatra looked on? And what film it was? I recognized most, but not that one.

taf2002
07-16-2012, 02:00 PM
That's impressive! Does anybody know who was dancing while Frank Sinatra looked on? And what film it was? I recognized most, but not that one.

Is that Ann Sheridan? I didn't recognize the film, in fact I couldn't I.D. most of the films. The only ones were Rita H in the black dress with Frank Sinatra looking on - that was Pal Joey & in the reddish dress was Gilda. I don't know who the woman in the gold dress or the 2 men in uniform were.

Wyliefan
07-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Love it! What a great dancer Rita was. Though now I think of it, I believe I've only seen two of her films: Gilda and Cover Girl (with Gene Kelly and Phil Silvers -- there were plenty of clips from that one in this video).

duane
07-16-2012, 02:48 PM
The shots with Astaire are You'll Never Get Rich and You Were Never Lovelier. Those with Gene Kelly are Cover Girl. The first shot of her in the green dance taking over from the blonde is Down To Earth. Her in the red dress surrounded by men is Miss Sadie Thompson. Yes, that's Pal Joey with Sinatra looking on. Other shots are from Gilda, Affair In Trinidad, and Tonight and Every Night.

Rita Hayworth is without question THE dancing queen of Hollywood...and the sexiest!

attyfan
07-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Kudos to whoever made that video ... and thank you, Ozzisk8tr, for posting it!

Debrah
07-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Wow, amazing editing! Thanks for posting it!

taf2002
07-16-2012, 06:47 PM
The shots with Astaire are You'll Never Get Rich and You Were Never Lovelier. Those with Gene Kelly are Cover Girl. The first shot of her in the green dance taking over from the blonde is Down To Earth. Her in the red dress surrounded by men is Miss Sadie Thompson. Yes, that's Pal Joey with Sinatra looking on. Other shots are from Gilda, Affair In Trinidad, and Tonight and Every Night.

Rita Hayworth is without question THE dancing queen of Hollywood...and the sexiest!

Wow duane, you know your films.

Grannyfan
07-16-2012, 06:56 PM
She was such a beautiful woman.

Just guessing, but was one of the men in the first clip Gower Champion? And later on there was a woman who might have been Marge Chamption.

duane
07-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Wow duane, you know your films.
Oh, you should see my dvd collection! Am a huge old movie buff. ;)

AragornElessar
07-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Oh, you should see my dvd collection! Am a huge old movie buff. ;)

That does it!! FSU Slumberparty at duane's house!!

You've got enough room for us all, right duane? ;) :D

I'll have to wait until much later for this to download for me, but can't wait to see what everyone is raving about. :D

duane
07-16-2012, 10:05 PM
That does it!! FSU Slumberparty at duane's house!!

You've got enough room for us all, right duane? ;) :D

We'll order some pizzas and have a good ole time!

duane
08-09-2012, 02:42 AM
If anyone's interested (I'm changing channels from the Olympics, to Dallas, to TCM), TCM is showing Rita Hayworth! Pal Joey is about to go off, followed by Down To Earth, and then THE movie Rita (and her hair) are most known for...Gilda.