PDA

View Full Version : Town in Alaska has a Feline Mayor!!

Pages : 1 [2]

Aussie Willy
07-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I'll bet Mayor Stubbs does well by his constituents. Probably would say paws down to Walmart intruding upon green space, paws up to dog leash laws and paws up to the consumption of fresh fish.
I would say he votes paws up to just getting rid of dogs altogether.

Wiery
07-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Hope he's neutered; just wouldn't do for the town mayor to go around knocking up all the town's lady cats... :shuffle:

Southpaw
07-19-2012, 06:46 PM
I love Orange Cats, they're so personable. I've had 4. Good on you Mayor Stubbs.

Orange cats rule. Some people say that orange cats are the reason God made Oklahoma.

Aussie Willy
07-19-2012, 11:46 PM
Orange cats rule. Some people say that orange cats are the reason God made Oklahoma.
I agree. I used to have an orange cat the same colour as Stubbs. He was such a lovely cat.

Artemis@BC
07-19-2012, 11:51 PM
I was just reminded of that great song by Garrison Keillor called "Alaska Cats."

"Alaska cats are always dressed
In jeans and boots and outdoor vest.
It's not stuffed with eiderdown
But hair from dogs around the town -
Some black, some brown."

Aussie Willy
07-20-2012, 12:42 AM
^ I have that CD :)

My favourite song was the In and Out Song

AragornElessar
07-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Hope he's neutered; just wouldn't do for the town mayor to go around knocking up all the town's lady cats... :shuffle:

Good thing I have pretty good reflexes, otherwise a peppermint would have just left my mouth at speed a couple of minutes ago. :D

I agree. I used to have an orange cat the same colour as Stubbs. He was such a lovely cat.

My Puss Puss was orange on top, white underneath and paws and an orange and white tail. He was quite the personality and I miss him so much. It's been six years now since we said Farewell and he crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

I was telling Mom and Dad about His Honour Mayor Stubbs tonight, since they've been away and I knew they wouldn't have seen the story where they were staying. My Dad's reaction was that giving him a glass of catnip daily was breaking the law. When I asked him what he meant, (and I *should* have known better too...) he replies w/...

They're giving their Mayor a narcotic. That's on the same level of if someone had given Harper (Cdn PM) cocaine right out in the open. In a way, they've got influence over their Mayor because they've got the Catnip stash!!

:lol: :D :lol:

Artemis@BC
07-20-2012, 05:50 AM
^ I have that CD :)

My favourite song was the In and Out Song

Mine too. So very cat.

And how can you not love a guy that does a whole album of cat songs?:respec:

Japanfan
07-20-2012, 08:54 AM
They're giving their Mayor a narcotic. That's on the same level of if someone had given Harper (Cdn PM) cocaine right out in the open. In a way, they've got influence over their Mayor because they've got the Catnip stash!!

While I agree that it is for the best that Mayor Stubbs be sober in order to fulfill his duties, I strongly support drugging the Canadian Prime Minister. Cocaine wouldn't be my choice, rather I'd like him heavily sedated with valium or other benzos/hypnotics. Preferably until the next election.:)

RobbieB
07-20-2012, 04:20 PM
I have only one thing to say: "Only in Alaska!" LOL!

---
R. Bryant
Burlington Bus (http://www.trailways.com/team-trailways/motorcoach-listing-companies/companies/burlington)

Aussie Willy
07-21-2012, 04:57 AM
While I agree that it is for the best that Mayor Stubbs be sober in order to fulfill his duties, I strongly support drugging the Canadian Prime Minister. Cocaine wouldn't be my choice, rather I'd like him heavily sedated with valium or other benzos/hypnotics. Preferably until the next election.:)
Now that you mention it, our Australian PM could do with something. She really does talk like someone has her hand up her arse.