PDA

View Full Version : Your Ice Dance Pair Reassignments

Pages : [1] 2

Macassar88
07-12-2012, 11:04 PM
People always talk about how mismatched some ice dance teams are (Babs and Maurizio come to mind). So who would you pair together if you could put any two ice dancers who competed during the same time period if you can't use current teams (So no Tessa and Scott :()?

vodkashot
07-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Anissina and Averbukh.

Actually....Averbukh with anyone besides Lobacheva.

Macassar88
07-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Anissina and Averbukh.

Actually....Averbukh with anyone besides Lobacheva.

Yeah it always interested me to think of what Anissina and Averbukh would have looked like. Also Anissina and Kraatz (if only to get rid of Shae Lynn...)

Also, Navka and Zhulin's careers overlapped (albeit not when Navka was with Kostomarov) and I think that could have been a good pairing.

Others:
Babs and anyone competent
Khoklova and Tkachenko

oleada
07-13-2012, 12:11 AM
I don't know, Navka seems a bit tall for Zhulin.

Grushina with anyone decent.

blue_idealist
07-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Yeah it always interested me to think of what Anissina and Averbukh would have looked like. Also Anissina and Kraatz (if only to get rid of Shae Lynn...)

Also, Navka and Zhulin's careers overlapped (albeit not when Navka was with Kostomarov) and I think that could have been a good pairing.

Others:
Khoklova and Tkachenko

Marina Anissina did skate with Ilia Averbukh in juniors, and actually after they split she wrote to both Gwendal Peizerat and Victor Kraatz about a potential pairing, but Victor apparently never got the letter. I read this in a skating book.

blue_idealist
07-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Jana Khokhlova and Sergei Sakhnovsky could have been interesting.

Macassar88
07-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Marina Anissina did skate with Ilia Averbukh in juniors, and actually after they split she wrote to both Gwendal Peizerat and Victor Kraatz about a potential pairing, but Victor apparently never got the letter. I read this in a skating book.

Yeah
I meant seeing Anissina and Averbukh in the Olympics or something during that period rather than Peizerat

aka_gerbil
07-13-2012, 01:12 AM

There was an interview back when they were still married where they talked about once trying to skate together just purely for fun. Apparantly, it didn't work out so well because of being too close in height and they decided to never try it again.

TwizzlerS
07-13-2012, 01:41 AM
I had often wished that Barbara Fusar-Poli could skate with Polivas Vanagas.

blue_idealist
07-13-2012, 02:15 AM
I know this isn't fantasy since they skated together as pros, but I wonder how Usova and Platov would have done as amateurs together.. lol against Grishuk and Zhulin, for that matter. I know U&P beat G&Z in the pro world nearly every time they met, if not every single time.

DaiKozOda
07-13-2012, 11:18 AM

Here's a video of Navka and Zhulin skating together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWnAyzWZR1Y
:fan:

It's a really nice dance but you're right: she is too tall for him.

Macassar88
07-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Navka and Ovsiannikov could have been interesting
I always though of Kostomarov as Ovsiannikov lite

Simone411
07-13-2012, 06:28 PM

Others:
Khoklova and Tkachenko

Just curious. Why get rid of Shae-Lynn? She was/is a very talented skater.

pani
07-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Hm...
Charlie White and Yana Khohlova
Ben Agosto and Morgan Morgan Matthews or Ekaterina Rubleva
Vanagas-Grushina or Grishuck

DaiKozOda
07-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Vanagas-Grushina

Now that you mention it, I think they would do great together!