PDA

View Full Version : Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Men's Final Four

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

love_skate2011
07-13-2012, 07:03 AM
Plushenko has THAT many votes?! How?!?!?!?!!? :eek:

It would seem some people just can't push aside the rubbish they've been fed by the NA press and accept that the guy is a special, incredible skater...:rolleyes:

All those years, all those medals, consistency, technical merit, artistry...and yet people think he's the weakest link? COME ON. :rolleyes:

Exactly !! :mad:

and why is Lambiel still in the list ? :shuffle:
he is the weakest link and was not throughout a dominant skater in his career

skateboy
07-13-2012, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=love_skate2011;3618617
he is the weakest link and was not throughout a dominant skater in his career[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

yaya124
07-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Exactly !! :mad:

he is the weakest link and was not throughout a dominant skater in his career

The reason is very simple, because he was not a dominant skater, he has less haters around:lol:

lily
07-13-2012, 08:51 AM
The reason is very simple, because he was not a dominant skater, he has less haters around:lol:
Why Yagudin is then so adored here? He was very dominant :D There should be some other reasons... LOL

yaya124
07-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Why Yagudin is then so adored here? He was very dominant :D There should be some other reasons... LOL

My comments is regarding why Lambiel is still here. :D

Yagudin was a great skater, I have no objection that he wins this poll although he is not my favorite. Why he is adored here? That is all about taste. Many people HERE likes his style of skating (which does not automatically mean that his style is loved by ALL people watching FS), as simple as that. :)

vodkashot
07-13-2012, 09:39 AM
It would seem some people just can't push aside the rubbish they've been fed by the NA press and accept that the guy is a special, incredible skater...:rolleyes:

Yes, the people who voted for Plush are OBVIOUSLY mindless drones incapable of forming their own opinions except for what is spoonfed to them by Hamilton, Bezic et al.....:rolleyes:

Let's face it, every single skater in the top four is a special, incredible skater to have survived this long in the poll. When the quality of skaters is this high, people look at different things to split hairs--isn't that the point of a poll like this? If we're just looking at medals, there's no point of having a poll at all. I'm sure everyone here can count.

yaya124
07-13-2012, 09:56 AM
My comments is regarding why Lambiel is still here. :D

Yagudin was a great skater, I have no objection that he wins this poll although he is not my favorite. Why he is adored here? That is all about taste. Many people HERE likes his style of skating (which does not automatically mean that his style is loved by ALL people watching FS), as simple as that. :)

Correct a little bit of my post: Compare to Plushenko, achievement prevents Yagudin from voting out of the list against Dai and Lambiel and his style is better appreciated here at FSU. :P

reflect
07-13-2012, 09:58 AM
All those years, all those medals, consistency, technical merit, artistry...and yet people think he's the weakest link? COME ON. :rolleyes:

:lol:Let's make things more clear. It's not a poll for medal because everyone know who have more medals (well, what if we can put Ulrich Salchow and other elder skater in the list:D). But there is something above medals and number!—— the free will and personal taste!!!

If people cann't stop the judge or system give medals to skater they don't enjoy, you cann't stop them to provide their opinion about like and unlike. Or why Elvis Stojko left so early and Chan left before Kulik?

Btw: artistry is subjective. everyone can claim their favourate with most artistry. Something make you cry may make others vomit:P

Zokko!
07-13-2012, 10:14 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I remember this poll has been announced as an "use-whatever-criteria" one right from the begin. If this here would be only about medals and achievements, Plushenko is the clear winner. But then we wouldn't need a poll like that, only a look at the statistics. But there's more than just countable facts, and that's what this poll about.

Btw., I'm from Europe! ;)

plushyta
07-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I remember this poll has been announced as an "use-whatever-criteria" one right from the begin. ...
How much I can read, question is: "Who is the Weakest Link?" ... not: "Who is most popular?", or "Who is my the most lovable skater?" :confused:

... therefore, some "historical" facts and objective reasons must exist in this poll :cool:

Proustable
07-13-2012, 11:58 AM
How much I can read, question is: "Who is the Weakest Link?" ... not: "Who is most popular?", or "Who is my the most lovable skater?" :confused:

... therefore, some "historical" facts and objective reasons must exist in this poll :cool:

Trust me, if I didn't use historical facts/objective reasons, I would've voted for Plushenko far earlier than I did.

yaya124
07-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Come on, this is just for fun, the result of this poll means nothing. So just relax and see who is the one left in the end. But I guess, it would be Yagudin.

museksk8r
07-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Plushenko is receiving so many votes because he lacks artistic style and flair and entertainment value, not because he is Russian or because he was dominant. Consistently landing jumps means nothing if you can't captivate an audience, IMO. Evgeni lacks originality and genuine passion and feeling and tends to bore people with his stale, soulless programs, much the same way that Lysacek and Chan does. :shuffle:

senorita
07-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Plushenko is receiving so many votes because he lacks artistic style and flair and entertainment value. Consistently landing jumps means nothing if you can't captivate an audience, IMO. Evgeni lacks originality and genuine passion and feeling and tends to bore people
Oy, he certainly does, doesnt he?
He also lacks a big nose.

So it was you snoring next to me at Euros in Sheffield.:cool:

I ll vote for Yagudin to be more original :)

kwanette
07-13-2012, 02:27 PM

Yes, we only form opinions by reading not from actually WATCHING competitions.:blah: