PDA

View Full Version : Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Men's Final Four

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

reflect
07-13-2012, 03:18 AM
I can't believe why Plushenko is weaker than Lambiel or Takahashi!!? lol
This is American board! Very silly result. Very biased people's forum!!! XD :lol:

It cause me to check the visiter flow. it's various from different tracking site and i am sure it's not 100% correct. Just for fun and as reference:

Fsuniverse:
1. UNITED STATES: 45.5%
UNITED KINGDOM: 11.1%
OTHER: 43.4%
2. United States: 48%
India: 8.5%
3. United States: 24.8%
India: 12.0% (seriously? So many visitor from India?)

And I checked other sites as well
Goldenskate.com
1. United States:40%
Hungary:7.3%
2. United States: 44.7%

Fsonline.ru
1. Russia: 98.7%
2. Russia: 100.0%

People are voting Plushenko out for the same reason they voted out Lysacek and Chan -- because whatever his accomplishments, his performances left them cold.

Left people feel cold doesn't mean they are weak. It only means people don't like them. To me Chan is stronger than Kulik for his achievement and skill. although I like the late more.

Need (relative) objective criteria to make (relative) objective result. Anything which can be conversed to data: skill, achievement, record......just as what COP does.

But anyway, the poll is only for fun and people can provide their subjective selection since there is no rule:lol:

reflect
07-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Seems that People here don't want to realize that he was 3 years old than Plushenko. If Plushenko was 3 yrs old than Yagudin, then, Yagudin never won against Plushenko... :rolleyes:

No, he would win 2001:lol:

Proustable
07-13-2012, 03:29 AM
I can't believe why Plushenko is weaker than Lambiel or Takahashi!!? lol
This is American board! Very silly result. Very biased people's forum!!! XD :lol:

Yeah, those biased Americans, voting for the Russian guy instead of the Swiss or Japanese or.... Russian guy.

The question for me: does Plushenko's titanic record, one that is entirely deserving (I can't think of a single competition he deserved to lose that he won) overcome the fact that I don't actually enjoy watching him. The fact is, if this was Survivor, the other three would gang up on him because of his obvious superiority in terms of competitive strength (so essentially, the first immunity challenge he loses, he's outta there!). Plushenko is an amazing athlete and competitor. But he hasn't caused to me to think differently about the sport the way Lambiel or Takahashi has. So between Yagudin and Plushenko, the one I like less is the one I voted for.

Seems that People here don't want to realize that he was 3 years old than Plushenko. If Plushenko was 3 yrs old than Yagudin, then, Yagudin never won against Plushenko... :rolleyes:

Which, of course, is a mindbogglingly ridiculous argument.

Kunstrijdster
07-13-2012, 03:35 AM
I really like Yags but my final two would be Lambiel and Takahashi. That's insanely difficult because Lambiel is still doing great stuff in shows while Daisuke has only become better and better over the last years. It's almost insane to vote for Plushy as the weakest link now but what other way is there to keep Daisuke and Stéphane in? I'd actually consider giving Yags my vote at this point because his show stuff is IMO just not as great to watch as, for example, Lambiel's but let's be real he is running away with this. Sorry Plush :D

shady82
07-13-2012, 03:49 AM
I really like Yags but my final two would be Lambiel and Takahashi. That's insanely difficult because Lambiel is still doing great stuff in shows while Daisuke has only become better and better over the last years. It's almost insane to vote for Plushy as the weakest link now but what other way is there to keep Daisuke and Stéphane in? I'd actually consider giving Yags my vote at this point because his show stuff is IMO just not as great to watch as, for example, Lambiel's but let's be real he is running away with this. Sorry Plush :D

Really, Plushenko should not be going out at this point. I actually liked a lot of his programs, especially his ones from from 2004 and before. Artistically, I enjoyed him, and he wasn't lacking in spins and footwork. Transitions, maybe, but which male skaters at that time really had a lot of transitions anyways? Buttle and Savoie, maybe, but none of the top contenders. He could do a 4toe-3toe-2loop too.

Post-2004, all his programs were mediocre. He only held up against the competition because he could do the quad consistently and skate two clean, consecutive programs. The other skaters he was competing against didn't do so when they needed to.

But weakest link, he certainly is not.

The competition should be Lambiel vs. Takahashi. Lambiel has a better de facto record. However, Takahashi should have 2 world titles as well (should've won 2012). His Olympic medal-winning programs were also far better than Lambiel, who was lucky to put out two mediocre programs at the Olympics in a splatfest and end up with silver. Lambiel's performances when he won gold weren't spectacular, either. He did skate a great LP in 2004 that may win in other years, but also bombed the SP (though in 2004 the results wouldn't have turned out differently with a clean SP).

With similar records, I'm choosing Lambiel first because I personally prefer Takahashi. I too found Lambiel sloppy at times. I never liked his Four Seasons program.

reflect
07-13-2012, 03:58 AM
It's useless to say bias or not. Every forum has its fan group, big or small. I am not sure if Yagudin has most fans, but I think he has most fan on his achievment level on here. For example, even if Chan have most fan here, he definitely is not on Plushy or Yags's achievement level (maybe after he get the Sochi OGM he will). Sometimes people's skill and achievment cannot protect him from people not enjoying their skating. Chan has been voted out, so does Plushy this round (maybe next)......But if there is not enough chan or plushy fan in FSU, it's their problem.

"If Plushenko was 3 yrs old than Yagudin" is just the same as "if Yagudin didn't retire after 2002".

Furthermore, the poll is not based on win or not. Kulik won more against Yagudin, but Kulik has been voted out. Plushenko won more against Lambiel, but he got more vote than Lambiel. Again, it's a game with NO rule. people can select what they want as they will. If you don't have enough colleague, then just leave or tolerate ;)

reflect
07-13-2012, 04:12 AM
I can't think of a single competition he deserved to lose that he won.

How about 2012 Russian National and Euro? Did he rob Arthur's Gold? (Just a question)

love_skate2011
07-13-2012, 04:21 AM
Zhenya is NOT the weak link. :mad: Yagudin was soo overrated
Plushy has the longevity, charcter, jumps and imo even better memorable moments :mad:

Dai as much as I love him is not better than Pluschenko
and this is WTF :eek: Lambiel should have been voted off a few rounds earlier
he was not a dominant skater like the others left.

casken
07-13-2012, 04:30 AM
I wonder how many people would have voted Yags but, like me, figured no one else was going to and didn't want to throw a vote away. :lol:

reflect
07-13-2012, 04:40 AM
Zhenya is NOT the weak link. :mad: Yagudin was soo overrated
Plushy has the longevity, charcter, jumps and imo even better memorable moments :mad:

Dai as much as I love him is not better than Pluschenko
and this is WTF :eek: Lambiel should have been voted off a few rounds earlier
he was not a dominant skater like the others left.

Sweetie, you can shout louder, to see if anything will change:rofl:

misskarne
07-13-2012, 04:41 AM
Plushenko has THAT many votes?! How?!?!?!?!!? :eek:

It would seem some people just can't push aside the rubbish they've been fed by the NA press and accept that the guy is a special, incredible skater...:rolleyes:

All those years, all those medals, consistency, technical merit, artistry...and yet people think he's the weakest link? COME ON. :rolleyes:

satchelpooch318
07-13-2012, 05:11 AM
I swear, some of the figurative and angsty hand-wringing and hair-pulling in this thread is quite entertaining to behold...and yeah, my vote contributed to it. :D

Vagabond
07-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Entire post, but especially the bit about artistry

:lol: You are too funny!

Thank you for brightening my evening. :)

skateboy
07-13-2012, 06:43 AM
People are voting Plushenko out for the same reason they voted out Lysacek and Chan -- because whatever his accomplishments, his performances left them cold.

Some people voted Stojko out for the same reason. ;)

ciocio
07-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Oh, so different and interesting opinions!

My vote went to Lambiel. I adored him in 2005-2006 but then he started to bore me. Now enjoy Takahashi more.