PDA

View Full Version : Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Men's Final Four

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Kasey
07-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Different people have different voting criteria (and no, it's actually a very global board). I voted for the one remaining of the four who holds my attention the least on ice. Medals be damned, there is more to figure skating than consistency.

blue_idealist
07-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Seriously, Plushenko's leaving?! I guess personal qualities really do matter.

kwanette
07-13-2012, 12:53 AM
Different people have different voting criteria (and no, it's actually a very global board). I voted for the one remaining of the four who holds my attention the least on ice. Medals be damned, there is more to figure skating than consistency.

This ^

snoopysnake
07-13-2012, 01:06 AM
In my opinion, Kulik is much better than Yagudin. I know I am in the minority but I have always thought Yags was inferior to both Plushenko and Kulik.

shine
07-13-2012, 01:47 AM
Still, Takahashi did have more performances in which he lived up to his potential, or at least came close to it. Lambiel had fewer such skates, and wasn't particularly good when he won his first Worlds or his Olympic medal.

Sorry, Stephane. You're still amazing.
2003 Worlds QR? 2004 Worlds LP? 2005 Worlds QR and 2005 Worlds SP? 2006 Worlds QR AND LP? Those are some technically superb skates.
Takahashi has always had strong SP's. But I'm not sure he has as many memorable LP's as Lambiel.

- 2nd world title in 06 - mistake in the Fs.

Yes, a mistake on the TRIPLE LOOP, while landing one 4toe, one 4toe-3toe, one 3axel, one tripe-triple, and and another triple-double combo.

While some people argue that Lambiel was sloppy at times, it's not like Takahashi was always the skater that he is now. In his earlier days he was a lot less polished and his programs not nearly as interesting. People seem to give him more benefit of the doubt because he has had greater longevity (and competition appearances) than Lambiel and people have come to become more familiar with the Takahashi today than what he used to be.

Proustable
07-13-2012, 01:53 AM
The 3A was ur'ed.

alchemy void
07-13-2012, 02:00 AM
Wow, I didn't realized how much Yags is overrated here. Hot, great skater, charismatic as feck, but I don't think his skating holds up that well over time. (Although Winter is still orgasmically good!)

shine
07-13-2012, 02:01 AM
The 3A was ur'ed.

And it shouldn't have been.

blue_idealist
07-13-2012, 02:13 AM
While some people argue that Lambiel was sloppy at times, it's not like Takahashi was always the skater that he is now. In his earlier days he was a lot less polished and his programs not nearly as interesting. People seem to give him more benefit of the doubt because he has had greater longevity (and competition appearances) than Lambiel and people have come to become more familiar with the Takahashi today than what he used to be.

I actually was less impressed with Takahashi around 2006 or 2007. He was just another good skater and not as you say, what he is now. But I don't think Stephane was ever as good as what Takahashi is now (practically a SkateGod IMO!!)

plushyta
07-13-2012, 02:18 AM
In another case, my favorite for the weakest links would be Takahashi, then Lambiel and Yagudin ... and as strongest, ofc Plushenko. :)
But since here, without any sense, Yagudin have less votes, I voted for him - just because of his weak nerves :P

Plushy is currently the weakest link? :eek: Ridiculously.... or you are so influenced by media propaganda? :slinkaway

SamuraiK
07-13-2012, 02:28 AM
Seriously people YAGUDIN is NOT much superior to the other three. He's been treated like an untouchable god here..

Anyways, my vote goes to Takahashi. Brilliant awesome skater but I think he has the lesser legacy on the sport so far..

misskarne
07-13-2012, 02:41 AM
I think I may vote for Takahashi...it was very hard to choose between him and Lambiel...so I flipped a coin. :shuffle:

Glacier cat
07-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Wow, I didn't realized how much Yags is overrated here. Hot, great skater, charismatic as feck, but I don't think his skating holds up that well over time. (Although Winter is still orgasmically good!)

Seems that People here don't want to realize that he was 3 years old than Plushenko. If Plushenko was 3 yrs old than Yagudin, then, Yagudin never won against Plushenko... :rolleyes:

Glacier cat
07-13-2012, 02:55 AM

He's being untouchable here. He is "Honorary North American" because when he was living in USA, he said many ideal:lol: words for American :rolleyes:

flipforsynchro
07-13-2012, 03:15 AM
I cannot believe plushy has the most votes. I'm not a fan AT ALL and I understand he was/is overmarked, but consistency is a huge part of skating