PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Cell Phone Plan

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Susan1
07-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Um, not to be a bytch, but your cousin was nice enough to have you on his plan and it seems to be Abigail hassle to release the number, which he is going through because you want to keep the number. Frankly, if it were me, I'd tell you to get a new number.

Well, I was paying him to be on the family plan, which was his idea after my dad died and I didn't have anyone I could call. I never wanted a cell phone. I don't even use it once a month, but as soon as I get rid of it, I know something will happen. I'm being taken off so he can put new gadgets on for his kids. The assumption of liability wasn't a problem once *I* found out that he had to do that. His rep didn't tell him there would be a termination fee. I have now been hung up on every time I tried the 800 number and been to the store twice to be switched over. And even if I was going to get a new number HE would still have to pay the termination fee on the contract HE extended. It's not like he could give the Dayton phone number I've had for 4 years to his kid in Columbus.

cruisin
07-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Well, I was paying him to be on the family plan, which was his idea after my dad died and I didn't have anyone I could call. I never wanted a cell phone. I don't even use it once a month, but as soon as I get rid of it, I know something will happen. I'm being taken off so he can put new gadgets on for his kids. The assumption of liability wasn't a problem once *I* found out that he had to do that. His rep didn't tell him there would be a termination fee. I have now been hung up on every time I tried the 800 number and been to the store twice to be switched over. And even if I was going to get a new number HE would still have to pay the termination fee on the contract HE extended. It's not like he could give the Dayton phone number I've had for 4 years to his kid in Columbus.

Actually, he can give that number to one of his kids. Area codes and exchanges don't mean much with cell phones. I understand your wanting to keep your number. But, I don't think it was unreasonable for him to ask you to split the termination fee. Especially since it was reduced to $40.

immoimeme
08-07-2012, 11:14 PM
I agree with Susan1, the termination fee is not her problem.

What it sounds like to me is 1)give it up on keeping the same number, it's not worth the hassle; 2) if you only need a cell phone every once in a while and the T-mobile reception is good for you, go get the cheapest phone they have and sign up for the $10 every 90 day plan. That is THE cheapest prepaid plan in the universe, UNLESS you want to buy the one of the two phones Republic Wireless sells (IIRC they are both $240) and then you get really really unlimited everything for $19 a month.

I am still using Virgin Mobile on the same "feature" (haha, the features!) phone I bought 5 1/2 years ago. I get the $30 month plan because I need 1500 minutes, but I could really use hella lot more internet but I can't afford that plan right now. I haven't had any major issues over the yrs w/ Virgin Mobile--just the usual mobile internet f*ups every once in a while, nothing to freak out over.

Susan1
08-08-2012, 01:24 PM
I agree with Susan1, the termination fee is not her problem.

Thank you. I was not even going to reply back to the people who were so mean. LOL

He did email me and apologize for sending me to the Verizon place twice without doing the research on his account. And I will go back after Aug. 21 when the contract is up and try again to get an individual plan. I decided on the 25 cents a minute because you can buy a year of minutes for $100 (less than I am paying my cousin) without having to replenish the account every month or forfeiting the prepaid ones that do not rollover. If I should happen to run out somehow, I can always buy more. When I was there, they said I could keep my pretty little phone for that. (If that turns out to not be the truth the next time I go in there, you will hear my scream all across the country!!!)