PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will end up with more majors?

jenny12
07-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Just wondering who people will think will end his career with more majors?

Tiger Woods (14)

Roger Federer (17)

I still think Woods will since golf allows people to play longer, but, like Federer before today, Woods has not one in a major for a while

oleada
07-09-2012, 12:46 AM
I voted Roger because of sentimental reasons. I don't really know.
Obviously golf is way less taxing on the body than tennis.

judgejudy27
07-09-2012, 04:06 AM
I vote Federer since I dont think Woods will ever get past 16 (I could see him winning 2 more in his career max), so Federer already has enough IMO.

People may play longer but Nicklaus won only 4 majors past age 35, and Woods is not aging nearly as well as Nicklaus even if he has played some good golf this year. He hasnt won a major in over 4 years now, and he isnt likely going to get better with age, even golfers dont, some just remain competitive for quite awhile, but not moreso than what they were previously. Woods has also had numerous knee problems which are just going to wear more as he ages more.

Nadal is more likely to catch or pass Federer in slam wins someday than Woods.

Rottie
07-09-2012, 01:23 PM
I voted for Federer because of Woods's history of serious knee problems.

judgejudy27
07-10-2012, 03:58 AM
This is a lopsided poll and Federer isnt likely to win alot more majors (anywhere from 0-3 more seems possible), so I think it is telling to what people think the odds of Woods even catching or surpassing Nicklaus are. Even a poll on that would probably be really low at this point.

FSfan107
07-10-2012, 04:21 AM
I'd love to see Roger get to 20 Grand Slams, but know that will be very tough. I'm just savoring his Wimbledon victory after going through the last 2 1/2 years without him winning one. People were questioning if he'd ever win one again though I always believed he would. Still you never know what will happen, so I'm going to enjoy this one for a while.

I don't see Tiger getting to 17 with his play right now. He's improved a ton over the past year but is wildly inconsistent.

judgejudy27
07-10-2012, 04:37 AM
Oh I am not predicting 20 majors, just thinking that 17 to 20 seems the minimum and maximum realistic, with 18 or 19 probably most likely. Given the poll though it seems very few think Tiger will even reach or surpass Nicklaus though. I dont think he will do that either.

FSfan107
07-10-2012, 04:54 AM
I know you're not predicting 20. It's just my wish. :)