PDA

View Full Version : My book review: "Skating On Air: The Broadcast History of an Olympic Marquee Sport"

manleywoman
07-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I couldn't find the original thread for this book if there was one, but I've posted my review of Kelli Lawrence's "Skating On Air" (http://www.manleywoman.com/book-review-kelli-lawrences-skating-on-air/) on my blog.

In short: I highly recommend it. :)

Due to my podcast, I've been sent a ton of books to review (I have Scott Gregory's Champion Mindset, Andy Schell's Flying Camels Tiger Mothers, and the newer Life on the Edge to name just a few) all sitting on my nightstand. I sadly don't have a ton of time to read these days so I'm slow getting to review them all. But I'm doing the best I can! These authors were kind enough to send them along to me, so the least I can do is read them and give my thoughts.

Enjoy!

essence_of_soy
07-09-2012, 12:10 AM
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a fun read.

Life on the Edge and Flying Camels & Tiger Mothers are both good (albeit totally different) reads as well.

Looking forward to some more podcasts soon.

ChelleC
07-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Definitely going to see if I can get it through Inter-library loan. Thanks for the review. I downloaded the sample to my kindle earlier, and loved it.

manleywoman
07-09-2012, 05:44 AM
Looking forward to some more podcasts soon.

Me too. I have two in the hopper, but am in the middle of switching hosting services. The bandwidth requirements for the podcasts is huge. So it's taking longer than expected to get it all worked out.

manleywoman
07-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Ack. Just fixed a bunch of typos. I'm a great speller, just a terrible typist. :P

Sylvia
07-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I couldn't find the original thread for this book if there was one,...
Here's the original thread for this book that includes comments by the author herself: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79005

manleywoman
07-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Thank you! I had searched for it, but couldn't find it at all.

Yazmeen
07-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Have it on my Kindle for vaykay reading this summer!