PDA

View Full Version : Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Men's ROUND 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

t.mann
07-12-2012, 01:48 AM
And, now, watching also Stephane's exhibition programs, I realize that he is probably an even more versatile performer than Dai. That all imho, of course.

Definitely. JMO.

But if someone skates to a more difficult program, but often messes up jumps, his pcs would have a higher chance to be underrated. One of the exemples is Abbott, by the way, he's good looking too.

Agree.
Kozuka too.

judgejudy27
07-12-2012, 03:33 AM
Despite all his accomplishments and being one of the all time bests, Yagudin really didn't have the best lines or posture.

LOL NOBODY said he did. Better than Abt does not = best. We were all talking about Alexander freaking Abt here, not John Curry.

ks1227
07-12-2012, 06:47 AM
I still think it would be interesting to do a non-WC/OGM survivor with Sandhu, Abt, Savoie, Klimkin, Abbot, etc. Any interest in that when this game is over?
:respec: I think that would be a lot more interesting than this one actually! People would have to justify their choices, not just rely on medals!

Abt : slow with a lot of 2-foot skating, but very good looking. :P
I'm not getting into the whole "Abt vs Yagudin" debate. But looking at Abt's skating on its own I don't think it's fair to say that Abt was slow, at least not in his better performances. He was actually capable of generating a lot of speed without relying as much on crossovers as a lot of other skaters (which perhaps made him look slower on TV than in the rink). Definitely underrated. I agree about the 2-foot skating though, even in some of his better performances.

shine
07-12-2012, 07:19 AM
LOL NOBODY said he did. Better than Abt does not = best. We were all talking about Alexander freaking Abt here, not John Curry.
Um, no.

senorita
07-12-2012, 08:22 AM
If Plushenko return continues into a major event at some point (Worlds or Olympics, which I wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt) he has no chance to beat Chan barring a 4 or 5 splatfest from Chan....

We know he cant beat Chan and Daisuke, so what?He still has the 3rd best Lp score of the season, and the 3rd total score too and that with a quadless sp at Euros. He gets overscored too you know ;), it is not just Chan.
The being old caramel is getting old though, he is way past his prime age but the rest arent getting any younger, we are not talking about Hanyu generation, Daisuke, Abott and a bunch more will be 28 and 29 in Sochi, older than what old Plushenko was in Vancouver, and I see Daisuke becoming better every season.
Although Chan will be in the ideal for OGM age;)

Marco
07-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Abt was definitely underrated but one of the best, your making me miss him :(
Abt had the best edges , lines and camel spins ever and his skating he is like gliding in the air. :swoon:
oh and the never ending legs are to die for !!!!

now for the votes ! more votes for False God Yagudin !!! :soapbox:

He wasn't passionate like Yagudin, but what he did was always so pure and effortless. His inconsistency was unfortunate, but it really didn't take away the beauty of his skating for me. His Olympic programs were to die for and for me much more enjoyable than those by Plushenko or Goebel. My star of SLC Olympics were definitely Yagudin, Honda and Abt. How I wish that was the podium.

Marco
07-12-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm not getting into the whole "Abt vs Yagudin" debate. But looking at Abt's skating on its own I don't think it's fair to say that Abt was slow, at least not in his better performances. He was actually capable of generating a lot of speed without relying as much on crossovers as a lot of other skaters (which perhaps made him look slower on TV than in the rink). Definitely underrated. I agree about the 2-foot skating though, even in some of his better performances.

His speed was deceptive, like Kwan's, just because he was so effortless.