PDA

View Full Version : Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Men's ROUND 7

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Triple Butz
07-09-2012, 12:48 AM
This is getting tough. I voted Ilia. Love his Olympic skates but he rarely skated his best like that.

judgejudy27
07-09-2012, 04:53 AM
So dissapointed to see Stephane with so many votes. He is my favorite skater. I always hoped fans appreciated his skating more than the often stupid judges did, but perhaps not.

shine
07-09-2012, 04:59 AM
So dissapointed to see Stephane with so many votes. He is my favorite skater. I always hoped fans appreciated his skating more than the often stupid judges did, but perhaps not.
He's my favourite too, but I'm honestly surprised that he has so FEW votes, even fewer than Plushenko :lol: I think he's one of the most widely appreciated skaters, and I'm actually not sure why you think the judges didn't like him. Judges loved him. He's always received rather generous scores when he didn't skate well.

casken
07-09-2012, 05:08 AM
Voted Plushy again.

Not a big Kulik fan, but he was slightly better at his best than Plushenko at his best, IMO. Although I despised his Olympic FS, Kulik had better programs and more range than Plushy overall.

Kulik has really grown as a "pro" skater and has been doing some really surprising and innovative stuff too.

judgejudy27
07-09-2012, 05:09 AM
He's my favourite too, but I'm honestly surprised that he has so FEW votes, even fewer than Plushenko :lol: I think he's one of the most widely appreciated skaters, and I'm actually not sure why you think the judges didn't like him. Judges loved him. He's always received rather generous scores when he didn't skate well.

Well for instance the common consensus was skating squeeky clean he had NO chance to get close to beating Plushenko in Turin even with quads and triple axels. Yet an average skater like Lysacek is allowed to beat a clean Plushenko with no quad? That to me seems like a joke, if Lysacek can beat a clean Plushenko with no quad, then Lambiel should have a chance to with no quad and no triple axel, after all Lambiel skating cleanly with nothing harder than a triple lutz should beat a quadless and clean Evan when you compare the two skaters. :D OK Plushenko was like half the skater he was in 2006 in 2010, he wasnt getting nearly as overmarked anymore either, Lysacek was being overmarked in 2010 due to being World Champ, Plushenko didnt even skate and especialy jump well for even his 2010 standards in his Olympic LP, but still you get the idea.

Also I look at Chan scoring over 200 points for a good LP, and Lambiel's stunning LP in the qualifying round at the 2005 Worlds get barely 150, and I know scoring inflation occurs over time but I still dont get it. :lol:

misskarne
07-09-2012, 05:24 AM
Oh, this is terrible. I don't know who to vote for.

I won't vote for Plushenko and Yagudin because they should be the final two without question.

Ilia may not have the greatest competition record, but he has such a fine jump technique, and his skating was very interesting. I especially love his SP from the Olympic season. I just can't vote for Ilia.

Stephane loses something in my eyes because of the lack of 3A, but his spins so divine, and his artistry so magnificent...I don't know that I could vote for him.

I enjoy Daisuke's skating, he's fun to watch, he always gives his all, he has a wonderful feel for the music and great presentation, and how he's not a World Champion yet is unbelieveable...I don't know if I could vote for him.

This is very difficult. All such excellent skaters! All so talented! I may have to sit this one out, but I don't know if I could sit by and watch Ilia and his flawless technique get voted off...

flipforsynchro
07-09-2012, 05:25 AM
Plushy has so many votes :O I'm not a fan, but his record is impressive

judgejudy27
07-09-2012, 05:28 AM
People seem more bothered by Stephane's lack of a triple axel than others lack of a quad, but a quad and no triple axel is more valuable points wise than no quad and a triple axel, which many of his main competitors (eg- Weir, Lysacek, Buttle, Oda much of his career) had. Stephane also has done numerous triple axels in his career, unlike those I mentioned who have maybe done 1 or 2 clean quads.

ChelleC
07-09-2012, 05:28 AM
I really hate this, but with his competitive record, it has to be Kulik. :( I so wish he'd stayed Olympic Eligible for the next cycle. He was only 20 when he won!

vodkashot
07-09-2012, 05:29 AM
I enjoy Daisuke's skating, he's fun to watch, he always gives his all, he has a wonderful feel for the music and great presentation, and how he's not a World Champion yet is unbelieveable...I don't know if I could vote for him.

Daisuke is the 2010 World Champion.

Vagabond
07-09-2012, 05:52 AM
The poll looks like the revenge of Patrick Chan fans

this is getting really tough.

This is getting tough.

Oh, this is terrible.

I really hate this

:barrel :violin: :summer:

I can make the next round tougher, if you want.

:EVILLE:

unicorn
07-09-2012, 06:08 AM
People seem more bothered by Stephane's lack of a triple axel than others lack of a quad, but a quad and no triple axel is more valuable points wise than no quad and a triple axel, which many of his main competitors (eg- Weir, Lysacek, Buttle, Oda much of his career) had. Stephane also has done numerous triple axels in his career, unlike those I mentioned who have maybe done 1 or 2 clean quads.

It doesn't look like people are more bothered by Stephane's lack of a triple axel than others lack of a quad. Lysacek and Buttle, they've been voted out. Oda and Weir, not even on the list. The only one here who has a lower quad success rate is Takahashi, and he's getting more votes than Lambiel. :lol: The result is just the opposite of what you said.

misskarne
07-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Daisuke is the 2010 World Champion.

So he is *facepalm*. Multiple World Champion, then.

But then, I suppose, you look at someone like Plushenko, someone so great and talented and incredible...and he's only won it three times. So I don't know that World Championships can tell the tale of a whole career.

Zemgirl
07-09-2012, 07:23 AM

But then, I suppose, you look at someone like Plushenko, someone so great and talented and incredible...and he's only won it three times. So I don't know that World Championships can tell the tale of a whole career.
That's the problem with Dai and to a lesser extent Stephane - considering their talent and abilities, their record could have been better. Looking at medals and wins, some of the eliminated skaters certainly surpass them.

Plushenko didn't compete at Worlds the years he medalled at the Olympics; I'm sure he could have had a more impressive record had a done so. And of course he WD in 2005.

umronnie
07-09-2012, 07:25 AM

Yeah, Plush only has 3 world titles, the slacker... but then he only lost the title 3 times, as well (and all to Yags).

Seriously, with the exception of Kulik, who took his OGM and split, the other four guys were hampered by injuries. Yagudin had to retire due to his hip, Lambiel gave up on the 3A due to (groin? abdomen?) injury, Dai's quad used to be a lot more consistant before his ACL injury and Plush, well, we all know he's held together by duct tape and gum.