PDA

View Full Version : Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Men's ROUND 7

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

flipforsynchro
07-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Once Kulik is gone I am voting for Takahashi.

agreed

briancoogaert
07-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Once Kulik is gone I am voting for Takahashi.
Once Kulik is gone, I am voting for Plushenko :P

judgejudy27
07-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Once Kulik is gone, I am voting for Plushenko :P

I am voting for Plushenko after Takahashi is gone. My voting order will be:

Kulik
Takahashi
Plushenko
Yagudin

Zokko!
07-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Now all disruptive factors have been eleminated ;) , this is getting really tough. I love them all ... some more, some less. :shuffle: But I've to make a decision ... from now on and until the end I'll vote for the one whom I've a tremendous respect for, but otoh his kind of skating almost always left me cold: Evgeny Plushenko. Sorry! :slinkaway

Holley Calmes
07-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Was Lambiel really that much better than Takahashi? I adore them both-two of my very favorite skaters. But Dai is getting more begone votes! 'Splain that to me.

Marco
07-08-2012, 08:45 PM
I adore Kulik's skating but how did he outlast Chan?

Voted for Plushenko BTW.

SamuraiK
07-08-2012, 09:10 PM
This men's results are not making me happy LOL.

Ilia Kulik: long overdue.

sk8ingcoach
07-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Really, Patrick Chan was the best skater of this poll, in term of pure skating.
Anyway, I voted for Ilia Kulik, another very good skater, but not as polished, and not as fulfilled.

I agree. Best technically, best skating skills, best transitions and if anyone has seen him live they will know that his performance/execution, choreography and interpretation are all the best.

But oh well. Vote kulik

Zemgirl
07-08-2012, 09:38 PM
I agree. Best technically, best skating skills, best transitions and if anyone has seen him live they will know that his performance/execution, choreography and interpretation are all the best.

A lot of people who have seen Chan live disagree.

I didn't vote for him in the last round, but I think Chan gets a lot of credit for what he can do rather than what he does do. He makes quite a few mistakes for someone who's supposedly the best technically - and not just on his more difficult elements. Whereas Yags and Plush may not be the best in "pure skating" (whatever one takes it to mean) but they are incredible competitors and performers.

Macassar88
07-08-2012, 09:54 PM
The thing about Chan is that when he's on, he's amazing technically. It shows up well on TV because you can see that when he lands he never goes near the toe pick and how amazing his edge work. But he is Soooo boring to watch if you are actually watching te program.

skateboy
07-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Was Lambiel really that much better than Takahashi?

No.

Cherub721
07-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Was Lambiel really that much better than Takahashi? I adore them both-two of my very favorite skaters. But Dai is getting more begone votes! 'Splain that to me.

Arguably, Lambiel has better spins, equally strong footwork and artistry, a higher Olympic medal, and an extra world title. But with that said, I think Lambiel is somewhat overrated. He had depth of edge but I actually found his posture lacking and found him unpolished at times. His jump technique is the worst of the guys left, because even his clean jumps usually were landed deep in the knee and looked like they had to be saved, and he had quite a few splatfasts. His 2005 Worlds LP might not have made the podium most other years (though to be fair his 2004 World LP could have won in 2008-2010), and his Olympic silver programs were very messy. Takahashi is not exactly the shining beacon of consistency either though.

Aussie Willy
07-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Can't believe Chan was voted off. Kulik should have gone last round.

shine
07-08-2012, 11:12 PM

Probably not by much at this point. But at their respective athletic prime, I think Lambiel did produce more 2-quad programs INCLUDING the 3axel. And I really respect the fact that he was skating to COP style programs before the system was even implemented.

Holley Calmes
07-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Thanks to you guys for your opinions. I love both skaters so much...it distresses me for anyone to be voted out at this point. Of course, I have a fondness for all but Plushenko, but I have a great respect for Plushenko. I like Plushenko-I just don't love him like I love the others. But-he's a mighty force. I said it before-Yagudin versus Plushenko is going to be bloody.