PDA

View Full Version : Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Ladies QUARTER-FINAL (WITH POLL)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

museksk8r
07-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Voting Mao Asada again.

Olesh
07-07-2012, 11:27 PM
My vote is for Kim

Excidra
07-07-2012, 11:35 PM
hahahahahahahaha:rofl:

I still haven't voted for yuna myself yet, and i would much more appreciate if you would vote for Irena i have been trying to get rid of her for several rounds now!

I guess I am voting for Moa this round..

allezfred
07-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Added poll

gingercrush
07-07-2012, 11:58 PM
I voted for Irina and hope others follow. I've succumbed myself in the knowledge Asada will go this round or next.

michiruwater
07-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Mao, definitely, in this round. Hell, I think she should have gone a few rounds ago, lovely skater though she is.

SamuraiK
07-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Added poll

THANK YOU:cheer2::cheer2:

judgejudy27
07-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Mao. Mao is a great skater, but the other 3 are all time great skaters.

bartek
07-08-2012, 12:15 AM
wheter i pronounce her name irene or irena i think everyone knows who i'm talking about, but if that offended you i will try to remember that her name is pronounced "irina". it wasn't my intention to offend anyone, it's just that where i live irina is not a very common name, so it's hard get used too!

you are free to prefer whichever skater you like, I couldn't care any less, but that doesn't change the fact that there is heaven and earth between there skills both technically and artistically!

(but tell me bartek did my little rant about yunas hype get on your nerves is that why you are soo overly sensitive lol)

Yes there is heaven and earth between Irina and Mao. Slutskaya is a superior skater. The only side of skating Mao is better at then Irina is her line/stretch/posture and artistry but the latter one is very subjective.

Technically Irina is a better skater. User judgejudy has already provided the comparison of their jumps and spins so I'm not repeating that. Irina has also better skating skills.

Besides technical aspect, Irina has better consistency (Asada even in her prime years used to be a bit inconsistent), longevity, a lot more titles.

I completely don't understand why your "little rant" about Yu-Na would get on my nerves??? What's more, it's you who is "soo overly sensitive" person, if there ever was one :lol:

bartek
07-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Mao. Mao is a great skater, but the other 3 are all time great skaters.

I still hope Mao can join this group.

crankyintheAM
07-08-2012, 12:22 AM
I love Mao, but I love Irina more. I'll wait to vote.

RD
07-08-2012, 12:46 AM
My vote is for Asada

ditto

RunnersHigh
07-08-2012, 12:56 AM
NO SKATER, and I really mean NO skater, has gotten more hype then yuna kim, and if anyone hasn't live up to the hype it's her, having the judges, and a (flawed) system that totally boosted her scores, and still only delievering a few clean skates in her career (through not having half of the the difficulty or the risky programs that Asada had) That's not living up to the hype!

so if you are voting according to who hasn't lived up to the hype you'r vote should rather go to kim.[/QUOTE]

NO $KATER has gotten more hype then Mao Osada. ISU even changed rules for her that ppl called it 'Mao rule'. Her Olympic free program had UR and Poped jumps but she still got 131.72. Her fans always insisted her programs're the most difficult or risky in figure skating history but protocols revealed me they're not that different with other skaters. (i.e. Her TES at 2010 NHK trophy Free skating (http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2010/gpjpn10_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf) was mere 32.23.)

So if you are voting according to who hasn't lived up to the hype you'r vote should rather go to Asama.

Mimic. :lol:

Macassar88
07-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Bye Mao! Sorry!

Macassar88
07-08-2012, 01:40 AM
I still hope Mao can join this group.

Let's see if she can get her act together and fix all her UR's and edge problems. I'm not expecting much, but she's still a beautiful skater. Just not at the same caliber as other champions.