PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68

pani
09-07-2012, 03:37 PM
scott said, jokingly that he wanted to skate to pink floyd again. they didn't recycle that program, but they used the choreographer! fun!

Maybe PF was plan "A", when SD was on Carmen music? ;)
Will they sakte today at HPC or skaters just will have photo-shoot today and team-buildings event?

Wyliefan
09-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Sorry, Wyliefan, just got really excited about new season, didn't mean to hurt the feelings of you youngsters :eek: :lol:

No offense taken. :) I like classic country, but I like newer country too. The funny thing is, these days, non-country fans are always complaining that country is what you say it is, while country fans are always complaining that it isn't enough like that anymore!

But I've gotten way off-topic, so I now return you to your regularly scheduled V/M thread.

pani
09-07-2012, 03:42 PM
But I've gotten way off-topic, so I now return you to your regularly scheduled V/M thread.

Welcom back! We miss you :)

Macassar88
09-07-2012, 03:50 PM
scott said, jokingly that he wanted to skate to pink floyd again. they didn't recycle that program, but they used the choreographer! fun!

I wish they had recycled PF too. It's such a pity that PF and Temptation both got underdeveloped because of injuries. They were already so amazing - who knows what could have been with a full season!

iggie
09-07-2012, 04:01 PM
mabe carmen was a sd soon after the comment, but i love how they got creative. instead of literally bringing back pf, they worked with the people who helped them to create it... but this time, they worked on carmen together.

Sahararainfall
09-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Isn't Jennifer Swan Tessa's first ballet teacher? Can't remember where I have read that, maybe in their book. Anyway, love the SD music, still in the process of accepting a Carmen FD, but I'm loving the fact that they've somehow ended up with a combination of old and new music. Maybe the next thread title should have something to do with that as we are going to need one soon.

ETA: Yep. Just found it in my files. Jennifer Swan was mentioned both in the Dance magazine article and in their book. Nice to know she worked with V/M for PF and now for Carmen. Positive points to help offset all the negative points already attached to this Carmen FD. :)

ETA: Watching PJs vid, it's rather weird to see Scott a little subdued and serious while Tessa was very talkative and open. Before I sort of pegged Scott as better in press cons with many reporters in attendance while Tessa does better with one-on-one interviews.

Btw how did we watch Finlandia Trophy last year, did we have to wait for youtubes vids?

There was a stream I think and some fan videos were the first to surface in YT a few hours later.

ETA3:
2009 Worlds PJ Kwong with Marijane Stong, Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecju7a-FgMg)
2009 Worlds PJ Kwong with Marijane Stong, Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8TDkXeOJEY)

Vids above are my first encounter with Marijane Stong, thought I post them as she and PJ were commenting on V/Ms PF (as well as other team's OD and FD that season). Sort of connect Stong, Swan, and PF all together. :)

Shayii
09-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Sigh...so much to catch up on!

pj has their press conference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVy8AtHuG5w&feature=g-u-u
Thank you for this Misha. And poor V/M they really don't like the polka at all do they. Can't say I blame them lol.

This two LOVE polka :lol:
Maybe this waltz was FD idea? Hm...
Scott look sad......
Like i understand, this will be opera from V-M?
Like i understand, nobody saw "Carmen" and SC didnt post any V-M photo. Something going on....
I wouldn't say Scott looks sad exactly, but there has been a change in his personality in recent interview we've seen. In this video he seems almost distracted at times and more thoughtful, like he takes his time to think before he says something now. I can't help but think that this new change (in interviews anyway) might be a result of some of last season's slip-ups. He's also getting older too so he's losing some of that abounding energy he has and spontaneity. I don't want him to lose all of that completely though, he looks a bit too somber here.

http://www.ice-dance.com/news/general-articles-announcements/1406-collaboration-and-creation-a-q-a-with-tessa-virtue-and-scott-moir
Q&A with Tessa & Scott
Thank you for this. It was posted above thread awhile ago, that's how Tessa basically confirmed Carmen.

There was a stream I think and some fan videos were the first to surface in YT a few hours later.

Thanks Sahara, so excited. Not sure how I'll wait until October.

iggie
09-07-2012, 06:40 PM
first, there were fan versions from those in the stands, but later on someone upload the fin tv version of the dances.

aka_gerbil
09-07-2012, 06:47 PM
ETA: Watching PJs vid, it's rather weird to see Scott a little subdued and serious while Tessa was very talkative and open. Before I sort of pegged Scott as better in press cons with many reporters in attendance while Tessa does better with one-on-one interviews.

It was a little weird. My thought is that he's either tired and/or possibly sick. He looked like if given a pillow and blanket, he'd gladly collapse on to the nearest soft surface. They had two straight weeks at the CNE with 2 shows per day, plus training on top of that, and now straight to HPC... Scott probably just needs a day off right now.

pani
09-07-2012, 08:56 PM
So look like PJ not at HPC anymore :rolleyes:
Look like we will not have any news untill FinTrohy

zilam98
09-07-2012, 09:01 PM
so with v/m doing carmen, are they skirting around the "uplifting" rule? or does that rule still exist for this season?

lavenderblue
09-07-2012, 09:05 PM
so with v/m doing carmen, are they skirting around the "uplifting" rule? or does that rule still exist for this season?

The music has to have an "uplifting" effect, which I think would qualify enough of Carmen the opera, orchestral suite, or ballet. "Je Suis Malade" was not at all an uplifting story, but the music built appropriately.

zilam98
09-07-2012, 09:29 PM
The music has to have an "uplifting" effect, which I think would qualify enough of Carmen the opera, orchestral suite, or ballet. "Je Suis Malade" was not at all an uplifting story, but the music built appropriately.

the music did build to a crescendo but their portrayal certainly didnt look uplifting. so is the uplifting rule just for the music or does it also pertain to the program/choreography/expression?

bmcg
09-07-2012, 09:31 PM
I read on PJ Kwong about cool W-P FD and thought they all skated both programs yesterday.

Yes, they must be tired. Interesting, is Marina there?

Yes. Skate Canada twitter has been putting up pictures and there is one of Tessa, Scott, Marina and Aaron Lowe.
https://twitter.com/SkateCanada

lavenderblue
09-07-2012, 09:51 PM
the music did build to a crescendo but their portrayal certainly didnt look uplifting. so is the uplifting rule just for the music or does it also pertain to the program/choreography/expression?

Given that W/P were never penalized under the uplifting requirement, I would guess it applies primarily to the music.